LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Dolphins sign RB LaMichael James

Shop 49ers game tickets
At least on the practise squad he can get picked up by another team while he's trying to earn a roster spot. Shouldn't have asked to be released when he asked.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
Practice Squad?!?!?

lolololololololol

Fire your agent, bro. Fire him now. He went from hundreds of thousands a year to what? 3-4K a week? lolol

You're a running back bro...you only got like 6-7 years left as it is.

I'll take 3-4k a week... God damn lol
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
At least on the practise squad he can get picked up by another team while he's trying to earn a roster spot. Shouldn't have asked to be released when he asked.

He didnt ask. He was cut from the team, then his agent put out a false statement thanking the team for honoring his request to be released. Baalke confirmed himself that he wasnt release by request, but rather cut from the team.
Originally posted by TJA85:

if you busted your ass since pee wee football to make it to the nfl, you wouldn't settle for 3k a week.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by TJA85:

if you busted your ass since pee wee football to make it to the nfl, you wouldn't settle for 3k a week.

LMJ just did, next?
What LMJ would have been best at being a 3rd down back and a receiver out of the backfield the 49ers simply don't utilize. He was not a good fit for our system and we never should have drafted him. I don't know what the 49ers were thinking. I think he can be effective as a change of pace back and a receiver so we will see what the future brings.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
What LMJ would have been best at being a 3rd down back and a receiver out of the backfield the 49ers simply don't utilize. He was not a good fit for our system and we never should have drafted him. I don't know what the 49ers were thinking. I think he can be effective as a change of pace back and a receiver so we will see what the future brings.

I held out hope that James could be all of the things you mentioned as much as anyone. But the fact that he was signed to the Dolphins practice squad is very telling.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

does the fact that it took forever for someone to sign him and even then he is on a practice squad tell you anything other than we failed to use him correctly? good god, the over valuation of this guy from some people is stunning. when he had the chance he never took it plus,,, ahh what is the use
Chip Kelly wanted none of LMJ. Just like Pete wanted none of Taylor Mays. Chilo Rachel was another one .

A long string of 2nd round PAC-12 busts.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I held out hope that James could be all of the things you mentioned as much as anyone. But the fact that he was signed to the Dolphins practice squad is very telling.

I"m not sure if the stats support it, but Ellington sure looks like an upgrade on ST and Offense.

If nothing else, I'm not worried about a fumble every time he touches the ball.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 10, 2014 at 8:54 PM ]

LMJ has to be really depressed.

A #1 pick - chosen by a SB contender - opportunities to play and he failed!

Then salt in the wound, he's being paid peanuts and relegated to the practice squad.

Man, I really hope he has options and doesn't quit on life.

If there was ever an example for college players to get their diploma and have a Plan B - it's LMJ!
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Oct 12, 2014 at 11:03 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Then salt in the wound, he's being paid peanuts and relegated to the practice squad.

If there was ever an example for college players to get their diploma and have a Plan B - it's LMJ!

A #1 Pick? By who? He was drafted in the 2nd.
Originally posted by Psinex:

A #1 Pick? By who? He was drafted in the 2nd.

I stand corrected!

3-4k a week is not peanuts, hes getting 12-16k a month to play football. he can f**k off
With Sproles going down in the Monday night game with what appears to be knee damage, we'll see what Chip Kelly really thinks of LMJ at the NFL level. If he thinks LMJ can ball he'll scoop him off the Fins practice squad.
Share 49ersWebzone