LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 432 users in the forums

Best Team in the NFL so far?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
If the Niners can win in convincing fashion at Mile High this Sunday. I got no problem saying the Niners look like the best team right now. If the Broncos win, I can say they deserve the #1 ranking, but I'll want to see them play against the Chargers preferably on the road before crowning them the best team in the NFL so far. However that road game won't happen until week 15, which is a long, long time from now and there will be several teams going through a Gauntlet i.e. Seahawks, Arizona, Eagles, Niners, etc.

If we can win at Mile High this week end with the injuries/suspended list we have right now, if there is any justice they just give us the Lombardi right now.

I second the motion!!!
I'm definitely intrigued by SD, I think the woodhead injury is going to hurt them later in the season. But if they look against KC and the Broncos (at least winning 1 of the 2 and if they lose by nothing more than TD). Then I think they make a strong case for best team in the NFL. But hey that'll be week 8 if the Hawks win all 3 of the next games (2 of them on the road) I think they make a strong case as well. By then SF will also have a big proving game against Denver too.

Admittedly this season is definitely interesting with 6 teams all with one loss each, another 8 teams with 2 losses but not too far behind. Mid season ranking going to be interesting.

I really don't understand you 12's (my god how dumb) obsession with point differential??? U say it all the time, why? Seattle beat us by a lot on a couple games, I don't care how many, but the niners won the other game. 1 win 1 loss. It does not matter if the Chargers beat KC or Denver by 1 or 100. When they meet again it could go either way.
Explain to me what I am missing.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
I'm definitely intrigued by SD, I think the woodhead injury is going to hurt them later in the season. But if they look against KC and the Broncos (at least winning 1 of the 2 and if they lose by nothing more than TD). Then I think they make a strong case for best team in the NFL. But hey that'll be week 8 if the Hawks win all 3 of the next games (2 of them on the road) I think they make a strong case as well. By then SF will also have a big proving game against Denver too.

Admittedly this season is definitely interesting with 6 teams all with one loss each, another 8 teams with 2 losses but not too far behind. Mid season ranking going to be interesting.

I really don't understand you 12's (my god how dumb) obsession with point differential??? U say it all the time, why? Seattle beat us by a lot on a couple games, I don't care how many, but the niners won the other game. 1 win 1 loss. It does not matter if the Chargers beat KC or Denver by 1 or 100. When they meet again it could go either way.
Explain to me what I am missing.

Umm..point differential is a strong indicator to a lot of fans not just Seahawk fans. Hell Niner fans themselves said had the NFCCG been in SF Seahawks lose that game because of how close the point differential was, and I don't disagree. Now if you beat a team by a large margin it's usually a good indicator that the team was not just better that day, but overall a better team. Different site wouldn't matter. Of course other things come into play like bounces, ref calls, non-calls, injuries, etc. But hell last year SEA goes to Stick loses by 2 pts. Chances are if they meet at home, SEA wins..they did (by only 6 pts). SEA beats say Jaguars by 3-4 TDs, I doubt neutral site or even home game replaying the game would matter.

Of course the next time two teams meet things can change due to roster, locker room disaster, whatever, but to disregard point differential would be silly. You're just upset because of all the fans who rubbed the games in your face, but that's more fan trash talk then anything.

p.s. "Convincing fashion" in my earlier post if the Niners win in Denver wouldn't need to be 14+ points. Hell it may not even be points. Dallas beat Seattle last Sunday in "Convincing fashion" and the point differential wasn't even that high.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Oct 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM ]
Umm..point differential is a strong indicator to a lot of fans not just Seahawk fans. Hell Niner fans themselves said had the NFCCG been in SF Seahawks lose that game because of how close the point differential was, and I don't disagree. Now if you beat a team by a large margin it's usually a good indicator that the team was not just better that day, but overall a better team. Different site wouldn't matter. Of course other things come into play like bounces, ref calls, non-calls, injuries, etc. But hell last year SEA goes to Stick loses by 2 pts. Chances are if they meet at home, SEA wins..they did (by only 6 pts). SEA beats say Jaguars by 3-4 TDs, I doubt neutral site or even home game replaying the game would matter.

Of course the next time two teams meet things can change due to roster, locker room disaster, whatever, but to disregard point differential would be silly. You're just upset because of all the fans who rubbed the games in your face, but that's more fan trash talk then anything.

p.s. "Convincing fashion" in my earlier post if the Niners win in Denver wouldn't need to be 14+ points. Hell it may not even be points. Dallas beat Seattle last Sunday in "Convincing fashion" and the point differential wasn't even that high.

Ummmm ... I don't agree.... Didn't u guys beat us like 3-29 in the first game?? So u say u we're better that day and an overall better team but like u said u come to the stick and lose by 2 points? Here is what I'm saying, if the niners lose to the broncos by 20 or by a "convincing fashion" today, however if they hopefully meet in the SB I still will not consider the broncos a better overall team unless our injuries just don't quit.

I just don't agree with point differential dictating "who is a better team"....
Not the Chargers. LOL. They had not played anybody yet. A lot of tough games coming up.
US
Broncos lol
It's the Broncos.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Right now the 49ers and Seahawks aren't what they were last year. I don't think Philly, Dallas or Arizona is as good as their records. Currently the Broncos are the best team in football by a mile.
Originally posted by BobS:
Right now the 49ers and Seahawks aren't what they were last year. I don't think Philly, Dallas or Arizona is as good as their records. Currently the Broncos are the best team in football by a mile.

This - until proven otherwise.

This changes week to week, who is the best team? The best answer would be to check the medical reports.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
This changes week to week, who is the best team? The best answer would be to check the medical reports.

Will be the Patriots next week after they beat the Broncos
STILL DA NINERS
No clear cut best team yet
Originally posted by YungAce:
No clear cut best team yet

I'd say this is definitely the case in the NFC, but overall Denver appears to be head and shoulders above the rest.

I've been waiting all season for the bottom to fall out on AZ.......but I'm still waiting.

With all the key injuries they have, it's impressive what they've done so far. Arians is a remarkable coach.

But so far I'd have to say Denver is a cut above everyone else.
Share 49ersWebzone