LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

What I loved about 49ers football and what it's become

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Good post and I agree.

I never thought I would say this but I'm actually considering moving on from the NFL. Seems to becoming more and more like pro wrestling. And I hate pro wrestling. I can't shake the feeling that the outcomes of games are influenced by people or organizations who are not the actual players on the field. I can't support that. When I'm reminded every week of these observations then I fear the end of football as I have always known it is here and it will never be what it was.

I've been shifting my passion into soccer lately because I feel the same way. I'm just not enjoying it anymore. And I'm not talking about losing, I mean watching any NFL game, period. I mean, I didn't even watch sunday night or monday night this week.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Good post and I agree.

I never thought I would say this but I'm actually considering moving on from the NFL. Seems to becoming more and more like pro wrestling. And I hate pro wrestling. I can't shake the feeling that the outcomes of games are influenced by people or organizations who are not the actual players on the field. I can't support that. When I'm reminded every week of these observations then I fear the end of football as I have always known it is here and it will never be what it was.

I've been shifting my passion into soccer lately because I feel the same way. I'm just not enjoying it anymore. And I'm not talking about losing, I mean watching any NFL game, period. I mean, I didn't even watch sunday night or monday night this week.

I haven't watched a game after the Niners games the last 2 weeks. This current product the NFL is producing is crap and not fun to watch. It always seems to be about a plot line of some story of the game and not the actual physical matchups on the field. The NFL is run by a lying hippocrit who is guilty of exactly what he suspended an NFL head coach for a season over, yet refuses to accept responsibility. Playing favorites suspending a guy for 2 games for knocking his wife unconscious, but gives Aldon 9 for misdemeanor 1st time offenses, after checking into rehab midseason.

f**k Roger Goodell and the gawd awful product he has brought to the field. The NFL sucks right now compared to any other time that I have been a fan. The Niners are one of the dominant teams in the NFL again and I would rather it be anything prior to 2006 than this garbage we see on the field now a days, yet the NFL's popularity remains at an all time high SMH
[ Edited by WINiner on Sep 24, 2014 at 8:55 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The game is over if you get an automatic 1st down for every little infraction. If an offense player hits a defense player in the head you don't get an automatic 4th down. The NFL has become a complete joke. It's unwatchable at this point. IMO 2014 is the tipping point. They have been making rediculous rules for the last 5 years and really the last 25 years. But now it's not football anymore. A team can go 75 out of 80 yards without ever completing a play. I'm sorry if you don't see a problem with that I don't know what to tell you. Goodell and his GOONS have officially broke the NFL. It's time to find other things to do on Sundays. I'm looking forward to basketball season and I still like college football. But the NFL has become a complete joke.

Many of us feel the same way. We still follow the Niners but things are changing. I've written several times on the demise of horse racing and boxing, these sports were huge. Boxing in particular, with the advent of television in the 50's it became over saturated and is a dead sport now. These owners think the golden goose will live forever, they want to squeeze all they can from the fans. The threat of lawsuits has caused the sport to become flag football. Maybe the sport is too brutal, even the Roman Gladiators saw their time come and go.
Weird how they've basically taught all these guys how to play and tackle a certain way ever since they were kids and now all of the sudden theyre suppose to unlearn all of it practically overnight. Its impossible. I can hardly watch sometimes, these calls are ridiculous. The game is getting unfair and people hate unfair.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Sep 25, 2014 at 12:23 AM ]
This thread is eye opening to me because I've been feeling exactly the same about the direction of this sport. It's not fun to watch anymore.. Not because the 9ers aren't looking good but just the overall flow of the game has changed. They're are so many rules in place for safety it's moderating the physicality out of the game, which inherently has changed the game from what made it great.
So sad but true...
Good post and I agree.

I've been also shifting to soccer lately- Real Madrid, its either that or get into a rage or get a heart attack or wanting to throw my tv out the window.. I have been so angry lately.. Its sad i love this team so much but with all this b.s its getting to be unwatchable. I love this team but cant stand the way things are going with the league. Sad man, so freaking sad. They are killing the game and eventually they will be losing fans.
I agree with all of this. If I were rich, I would sue the NFL for ruining my favorite game.
Piggy-backing on what SD said, the epitome of what the NFL's become was vividly apparent on Willis' clean hit on Stanton half a second after the ball had left his hand. Calling that a roughing penalty was sacrilegious to the game we used to know as pro football. I can assure everyone guys like Deacon Jones are rolling over in their graves. I wonder what Ronnie Lott must think when he sees a sea of yellow flags on the field every Sunday. Makes me want to puke.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Good post and I agree.

I've been also shifting to soccer lately- Real Madrid, its either that or get into a rage or get a heart attack or wanting to throw my tv out the window.. I have been so angry lately.. Its sad i love this team so much but with all this b.s its getting to be unwatchable. I love this team but cant stand the way things are going with the league. Sad man, so freaking sad. They are killing the game and eventually they will be losing fans.

Bayern Munich here

• Garce
  • Veteran
Good post and I agree.

Yes. Me too.

The most egregious of insults being the Navarro Bowman play in the NFCGG.

Navarro made one of the greatest football plays in NFL history. No joke. Considering the circumstances, the time in the game and the stakes. He made a truly INCREDIBLE play. Only to have it not count because the refs 'didn't see it' and it was not reviewable. Absolutely tragic.

The refs having such a huge impact on the game, even more so than really any other sport aside from maybe baseball and the over-the-top changes to protect players has unfortunately lost a lot of my enjoyment of the game. The inconsistencies are what drives me mad. Its just impossible to be consistent. Ive definitely pondered just not being a fan altogether and that makes me sad.
Originally posted by ram29jackson:
1. Let's start with Century Link field. It has been well documented the the design of the building was created to funnel sound directly onto the field. And what is experienced by teams that play up in Seattle is an environment where an outside factor (i.e. the noise of fans) has made it nearly impossible for one team to operate at their peak level. It is no surprise then that a good team, that loses nearly 25% of its games on the road, loses nearly no games at home, to arguably more talented and superior teams. Once again my intent is not to whine about my team not winning, but rather to point out that the sport is no longer a sport of teams competing on an even playing field, but rather one team capitalizing on outside influences that are within the control of the governing body to regulate.

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/179706-what-loved-about-49ers-football-its-become/#6Egyr8ReZoOLA5wj.99

This is unproven bull and will come to light when they start sucking again. The noise junk is a stupid story and affects no one on opposing teams

Have you ever watched a game played at Century Link? Notice how every team has to change the way they handle the offense at the line of scrimmage?
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by ram29jackson:
1. Let's start with Century Link field. It has been well documented the the design of the building was created to funnel sound directly onto the field. And what is experienced by teams that play up in Seattle is an environment where an outside factor (i.e. the noise of fans) has made it nearly impossible for one team to operate at their peak level. It is no surprise then that a good team, that loses nearly 25% of its games on the road, loses nearly no games at home, to arguably more talented and superior teams. Once again my intent is not to whine about my team not winning, but rather to point out that the sport is no longer a sport of teams competing on an even playing field, but rather one team capitalizing on outside influences that are within the control of the governing body to regulate.

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/179706-what-loved-about-49ers-football-its-become/#6Egyr8ReZoOLA5wj.99

This is unproven bull and will come to light when they start sucking again. The noise junk is a stupid story and affects no one on opposing teams
Now it is obvious you are either a troll or have next to zero football knowledge or both. Your statement can be refuted by facts.

From Seahawks.com

Seahawks fans have become known as the loudest in the NFL and are proud of the role they play in helping the team win on the field. In 2005, Seattle led the NFL in opponent false start penalties at CenturyLink Field with 24, including 11 versus the N.Y. Giants. In 2006, Seattle once again led the NFL in that category with 26 in their eight home games. Seattle's total of 132 since 2005, is tops in the NFL.

It's both.

I've been wondering how long and for what reason all of you are putting up w this guy's constant trolling.

Member, he came here complaining he was banned from a Ram's site last season.
Share 49ersWebzone