There are 225 users in the forums

How do you like Rodger Goodell's NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets

How do you like Rodger Goodell's NFL

Originally posted by nj9er:
You saw the flags on Sunday night the game was unbearable to watch when we were winning. 4 flags on one play. During a run play if a hold happens in the 2nd level on the other side of the play and has no influence on the outcome of the play why are they calling it. Bad language fouls give me a break. No football as a prop give me a break, no excessive celebrations come on. The No Fun League.

Would the league care about concussions if they weren't getting sued- No
Would Ray Rice be suspended for more than 2 games if that video wasn't leaked - No
Do certain teams get preferential treatment over others- Yes
Is the officiating crews/ systems completely messed up - Yes

The league has become over reactive and scared of its own shadow and nobody has any balls to stand up and fix it. Goodell needs to go

its already been fixed. They are doing exactly what they intended to. and again, Goodell has nothing to do with any of it as far as making any majority of decisions that involve any of whats going on. He is told what to do
[ Edited by ram29jackson on Sep 17, 2014 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by ram29jackson:
LOL Goodell has nothing to do with any of this. He simply does what the owners tell him to. He makes no decisions about anything major.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
LOL Goodell has nothing to do with any of this. He simply does what the owners tell him to. He makes no decisions about anything major.

about rule changes? i buy that. but when it comes to handing out discipline and making up his own justice system, that has nothing to do with the owners.
Watching that last game and the way the game was called, for the 1st time in several years I am not excited to watch the Niners play this weekend.

I am about done with the NFL and the way they call games.
Originally posted by cciowa:
condi would be a upgrade

Um ... weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Not too sure a war criminal is an upgrade over Goodell. It's close though.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Merton Hanks for commish. He would really put his neck on the line for what matters.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Watching that last game and the way the game was called, for the 1st time in several years I am not excited to watch the Niners play this weekend.

This.

Frank Gore's run was the best, most exciting play of the last game, and that excitement was destroyed by a BS call that even the announcers said was "phantom."

Its pretty clear that the refs have been given orders to let the flags fly against the Niners--maybe because the Niners play old fashioned, hard nosed, hard hitting football.

I've got no problem with legit calls--but some of what we're seeing is BS. Phantom calls. And way too many of them.

I'm rapidly losing interest in the No Fun League.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by WINiner:

This.

Frank Gore's run was the best, most exciting play of the last game, and that excitement was destroyed by a BS call that even the announcers said was "phantom."

Its pretty clear that the refs have been given orders to let the flags fly against the Niners--maybe because the Niners play old fashioned, hard nosed, hard hitting football.

I've got no problem with legit calls--but some of what we're seeing is BS. Phantom calls. And way too many of them.

I'm rapidly losing interest in the No Fun League.

I literally do not watch non-Niner games anymore. I'll check scores through-out the day, and highlights, but it's as bad as it's ever been. Thank God for the college game.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Its unwatchable now, idiot has ruined the league
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's completely ruining the game. Every rule change just makes the game worse and worse and worse. Now they throw like 50 flags a game for ticky tacky fouls that should just be play through it stuff. People still watch because its still football. But I kid you not this has to have a breaking point. At some point this game is going to become less popular. I'm already finding it hard to watch. I long for the days when football was football and you could hit hard and play defense (not allowed anymore) and there wasn't a flag every 5 seconds. It's so bad I almost don't want to watch it anymore except the 49ers. Even with them it's unbearable what they have done to this game.

when are you going to finally understand the league does it on purpose to benefit the outcomes they want. Its that simple.

and again, the commissioner never made these decisions. He's simply a window dressing mouthpiece for the league
You post the same crap over and over again. Get some new material.

Just create a new sport called football v.2.0

Seriously, I understand the crack down on concussions while you are getting sued for head trauma... that is completely natural. But then remove helmets altogether, guaranteed that stops allot of this crap. f we want rugby tackles then make it so... as long as someone has a helmet on they will use it to their advantage.

Sh*t, I was a smaller LB in highschool so what I did to make sure people felt me was to get my facemask under theirs and aim for their jaw with the crown of my helmet. Playing for VC in their glory days I didnt have time to make an impact. I had had about 10 plays a game to make sure that no one wanted to run against me (playing MLB) amd allot of that was to make it as painful as possible for the opponent when I was in the game.
Originally posted by BobS:
You post the same crap over and over again. Get some new material.

because the obvious goes over your head. The league and its billions of dollars knows exactly what its doing.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They better change how they running this league or fans just gonna go else where.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Its unwatchable now, idiot has ruined the league

Haha yeab even the announcers and commentators are beginning to voice their frustrations.

Even the refs don't know the rules. How could they will so many of them and they are subjective in nature.
It'll be interesting to see what happens when the cornerstones, Peyton, Brady & Brees, of Goodell's NFL hang it up.

Major vacuum there. Only Rodgers stands tall.
Share 49ersWebzone