There are 159 users in the forums

How do you like Rodger Goodell's NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets

How do you like Rodger Goodell's NFL

Goodell is under fire for his mishandling of off field issues, this poll is not about that, this poll is about what happens between the lines.
Last weekend, the Niner game in particular was a joke, penalty flags flying everywhere. In some regards I blame Seattle for all the defensive holding, and other ticky tack penalties, after all they bragged about how the watch film on the reffs, and game plan to cheat, because you can't call a penalty on every play, Goodell wants to prove them wrong, and looks to have a penalty called on every play.

It is not only this flag fest he has demanded, but all the new penalties as to when and where a player can be hit, from the Brady rule, to defenseless recovers rules, and others. I found myself unable to take games seriously, as so many of these newer safety rules are seemingly randomly enforced. They happen on "Bang, Bang" plays and are impossible for the reff to get right, some one always gets screwed.

Goodell has also gifted us with more replay, and more long boring TV segments were announcers discuss what a catch is, or when did a knee touch the ground, and despite all the wasted time, Seattle still scores on play where the runner was clearly out of bounds.

Now we have Goodell telling us what kind of trash talk is acceptable, Keapernicks mystery penalty for swearing was absurd. Between judgments about language and taunting, and rehearsed celebrations, it is as if Goodell is our daddy telling us how player should and shouldn't act, more judgement calls, more bad calls, more disgruntled fans.

Personally despite the Niners success in recent seasons, I find my enjoyment of NFL games to be less and less. The Colts game last thursday, was almost unwatchable, perhaps Goodell is taking the league in a bad direction, your thoughts,
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Sep 17, 2014 at 8:21 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
condi would be a upgrade
you could get a flag for using bad language. That's all I need to say about how soft the nfl is now with Goodell.
I'm not watching the brand of football I became a fan of.
I have lost all interest in other nfl games, now starting lose it with my niners that's a bad sign. That piece of dogcrap Godahell is to blame.
Oh well there's always the college games
LOL Goodell has nothing to do with any of this. He simply does what the owners tell him to. He makes no decisions about anything major.
He's completely ruining the game. Every rule change just makes the game worse and worse and worse. Now they throw like 50 flags a game for ticky tacky fouls that should just be play through it stuff. People still watch because its still football. But I kid you not this has to have a breaking point. At some point this game is going to become less popular. I'm already finding it hard to watch. I long for the days when football was football and you could hit hard and play defense (not allowed anymore) and there wasn't a flag every 5 seconds. It's so bad I almost don't want to watch it anymore except the 49ers. Even with them it's unbearable what they have done to this game.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's completely ruining the game. Every rule change just makes the game worse and worse and worse. Now they throw like 50 flags a game for ticky tacky fouls that should just be play through it stuff. People still watch because its still football. But I kid you not this has to have a breaking point. At some point this game is going to become less popular. I'm already finding it hard to watch. I long for the days when football was football and you could hit hard and play defense (not allowed anymore) and there wasn't a flag every 5 seconds. It's so bad I almost don't want to watch it anymore except the 49ers. Even with them it's unbearable what they have done to this game.

when are you going to finally understand the league does it on purpose to benefit the outcomes they want. Its that simple.

and again, the commissioner never made these decisions. He's simply a window dressing mouthpiece for the league
[ Edited by ram29jackson on Sep 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I hate him only because he's supposedly making $44 million a year! lol
f**k him. He's f**ked up the game. Its no longer football. It is something else.

You should have had a 3rd choice of "in the middle"

He's dome some good and some bad. BUTTTT

Originally posted by ram29jackson:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

when are you going to finally understand the league does it on purpose to benefit the outcomes they want. Its that simple.

and again, the commissioner never made these decisions. He's simply a window dressing mouthpiece for the league

I really AGREE w/posters
Originally posted by cciowa:
condi would be a upgrade

Agree w/this BIG time.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
You saw the flags on Sunday night the game was unbearable to watch when we were winning. 4 flags on one play. During a run play if a hold happens in the 2nd level on the other side of the play and has no influence on the outcome of the play why are they calling it. Bad language fouls give me a break. No football as a prop give me a break, no excessive celebrations come on. The No Fun League.

Would the league care about concussions if they weren't getting sued- No
Would Ray Rice be suspended for more than 2 games if that video wasn't leaked - No
Do certain teams get preferential treatment over others- Yes
Is the officiating crews/ systems completely messed up - Yes

The league has become over reactive and scared of its own shadow and nobody has any balls to stand up and fix it. Goodell needs to go
Is this supposed to be a trick question?
Share 49ersWebzone