There are 183 users in the forums

Poll: Dennis Allen will be fired by week 4

Shop 49ers game tickets

Poll: Dennis Allen will be fired by week 4

Originally posted by Jcool:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Yes the Raiders informed Dennis Allen he is fired over the phone rather than talk to him on an 11 hour flight home from London.

I wonder if they will bring out the projector tomorrow.
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Yes the Raiders informed Dennis Allen he is fired over the phone rather than talk to him on an 11 hour flight home from London.
Pride & Poise with a commitment to excrement
  • Jiks
Raiders are, and always will be a mess as long as a Davis is in charge. I mean how many GMs and coached can you go through and have similar results?
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

As I said earlier, joke of an organization.
Here's an idea:

1) Keep Candlestick open, play Raiders games there (they were the first football tenant of the stick btw).
2) Build new stadium in Oakland
3) Sell team to a real owner

At that point, you can move forward and have a real football franchise. It could technically be done without a stadium, but I think that helps. The Candlestick idea is probably the most feasible if you want a stadium in Oakland unless they play in Stanford for two seasons -- we did play a game or two there in '89 I think while the Stick was being repaired after the earthquake.

I'd rather a team in Oakland than Los Angeles (that's for the Rams). All about that history!

Of course, as we all know, you need that owner/GM combo to be above average to field a decent team, and top notch if you want to make any postseason noise. Right now they are struggling to look respectable.

I remember hearing from Ross Tucker on Sirius that he heard on the grapevine that the Raiders were the only team in the league where other GMs and scouts had to take their #s or impressions with a grain of salt. Forgot what it was exactly, but basically that the Raiders ran things "differently".

I don't get the Raider hate around here but probably has to do with the fact that I haven't been a Bay Area resident in nearly 30 years, and so I don't get to see/hear the trash talking from their fans. As a team they are more innocuous to us compared to at least 5 or 6 teams off the top of my head. I don't think there's a Bay Area rivalry amongst the players.

Would like to see a decent Raiders team. They are part of the old NFL when the TV era made the game popular.

It's more important to make them respectable than Jacksonville, Tampa, etc.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Here's an idea:

1) Keep Candlestick open, play Raiders games there (they were the first football tenant of the stick btw).

At that point, you can move forward and have a real football franchise. It could technically be done without a stadium, but I think that helps. The Candlestick idea is probably the most feasible if you want a stadium in Oakland unless they play in Stanford for two seasons -- we did play a game or two there in '89 I think while the Stick was being repaired after the earthquake.

I'd rather a team in Oakland than Los Angeles (that's for the Rams). All about that history!

Of course, as we all know, you need that owner/GM combo to be above average to field a decent team, and top notch if you want to make any postseason noise. Right now they are struggling to look respectable.

I remember hearing from Ross Tucker on Sirius that he heard on the grapevine that the Raiders were the only team in the league where other GMs and scouts had to take their #s or impressions with a grain of salt. Forgot what it was exactly, but basically that the Raiders ran things "differently".

I don't get the Raider hate around here but probably has to do with the fact that I haven't been a Bay Area resident in nearly 30 years, and so I don't get to see/hear the trash talking from their fans. As a team they are more innocuous to us compared to at least 5 or 6 teams off the top of my head. I don't think there's a Bay Area rivalry amongst the players.

Would like to see a decent Raiders team. They are part of the old NFL when the TV era made the game popular.

Why would we want the Raiders to improve? Screw them, I hope they move to LA.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

As I said earlier, joke of an organization.
probably got home after the long trip to hear a Voicemail ...youre fired !!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jim Trotter ‏@JimTrotter_NFL

The Raiders are planning a 2 pm presser to name Tony Sparano interim coach, according to multiple team sources.
Jim Trotter ‏@JimTrotter_NFL

The Raiders are planning a 2 pm presser to name Tony Sparano interim coach, according to multiple team sources.

1-15
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Here's an idea:

They already have plans to build on Candlestick's land, so the raiders using The Stick is not going to happen.

Also, if you had to interact with Bay Area raiders fans, you'd understand why people hate them. Their fans don't deserve a winning team.

Also, they need to go back to LA or bounce to San Antonio. Their loud, obnoxious, know-nothing fan base has already proven they will not support them on game days by buying tickets and attending games. They blocked off Mt. Davis and still can't sell out the remaining seats. That is pathetic. They do not get the support they're looking for in the bay, so it's time to move on and find another home to disgrace.

They are a great example in business magazines and college courses of what not too do.

The Raiders could be used as a classic case study of how to ruin a franchise, micro-manage and atrocious decision making.

If you look up pathetic in the dictionary the "The Raiders" logo would appear.
Wow. So much Raider hate here. Especially for the Scion of Al Davis.

Hey, guess what? The boy muffed on his first pick for coach and GM. What kind of idiot owner does that?

Hmm -- I dunno -- how about EDDIE DEBARTOLO? Yeah -- if you're old enough to remember -- the genius kid picked a GM who would go down in history with the name of "Captain Bligh." His name was Joe Thomas. He not only proceeded to cut every talented and popular player on the 49ers, he also traded away the team's future by giving up five draft picks for a washed up OJ Simpson.

Does this sound remotely familiar?

So -- before going off on Scion of Davis -- remember that Eddie D. made a few BONEHEADED moves along the way before he struck solid gold with Bill Walsh. It happens. Mark Davis will get it. He will.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Close friend of Jon Gruden: "One of these days, he's going to accept these offers he gets every year. Maybe it's this one." #Raiders
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Close friend of Jon Gruden: "One of these days, he's going to accept these offers he gets every year. Maybe it's this one." #Raiders

I want to see the Raiders be good again so this would be great news
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Wow. So much Raider hate here. Especially for the Scion of Al Davis.

Hey, guess what? The boy muffed on his first pick for coach and GM. What kind of idiot owner does that?

Hmm -- I dunno -- how about EDDIE DEBARTOLO? Yeah -- if you're old enough to remember -- the genius kid picked a GM who would go down in history with the name of "Captain Bligh." His name was Joe Thomas. He not only proceeded to cut every talented and popular player on the 49ers, he also traded away the team's future by giving up five draft picks for a washed up OJ Simpson.

Does this sound remotely familiar?

So -- before going off on Scion of Davis -- remember that Eddie D. made a few BONEHEADED moves along the way before he struck solid gold with Bill Walsh. It happens. Mark Davis will get it. He will.

Oh, well I guess that totally excuses the ineptitude that has embodied that franchise for over a decade. Someone else made mistakes, so...
Share 49ersWebzone