LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

GREG ROMAN - A COORDINATOR FOR HIRE

Shop 49ers game tickets
WE GOT ALL THESE WIDE RECEIVERS AND HE'S STILL LINING BRUCE MILLER UP AT WR WTF IS THAT HE MUST BE TROLLING ALL OF US!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE SOME BALLS JIM AND DO IT!!!
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Jan 5, 2015 at 11:26 AM ]
  • CMIO
Rough night ?
UP BY 13 POINTS AFTER THE HALF AND HE GETS CUTE WITH THE READ OPTION s**t!!!! GIVE IT TO FRANK AND HYDE!!!! YOU POS!!!!!!!

ROMAN HAS BEEN FIGURED OUT WITH HIS WACK ASS COLLEGE SCHEME, IT'S TIME GETS THE BOOT!

JOHN HARBAUGH FIRED HIS OC AND THEN WENT ON TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL, HAVE SOME BALLS JIM!

FREE CK!!!!!!!!!!!

• tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
UP BY 13 POINTS AFTER THE HALF AND HE GETS CUTE WITH THE READ OPTION s**t!!!! GIVE IT TO FRANK AND HYDE!!!! YOU POS!!!!!!!

Exactly
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
ROMAN HAS BEEN FIGURED OUT WITH HIS WACK ASS COLLEGE SCHEME, IT'S TIME GETS THE BOOT!

JOHN HARBAUGH FIRED HIS OC AND THEN WENT ON TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL, HAVE SOME BALLS JIM!

FREE CK!!!!!!!!!!!

Firing Roman won't help, Harbaugh still has his say on what he wants on offense. He'll just find someone else that agrees with him.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Firing Roman won't help, Harbaugh still has his say on what he wants on offense. He'll just find someone else that agrees with him.

This. Make no mistake about it, this is the offense that Jim wants, this is the offense he approves of and played in.. The worst part about Harbaugh is that he's dogmatically attached to this offense because of his own personal beliefs and loyalties, fire Roman, bring in whoever you want, this will still be a very conservative, "go for the safe points" sort of offense with a 1970's era passing philosophy.

Good enough to get you to the playoffs and just good enough to get you beat sooner or later when you get there.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 15, 2014 at 7:40 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I have a feeling the offense is what it is no matter if we have Calvin Johnson at WR or Arnaz Battle. Hell, Battle would probably be better in this offense.
Roman is an extension of JH. If he goes more than likely the next guy will have the same conservative philosophy.

FREE CK!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is really the case, I am done with Harbaugh. And it's probably why we haven't extended this guy. Baalke gave him all the weapons he needs this year and there should be no excuse for a 2nd half melt down like that. OFFENSE WAS COMPLETELY INEPT!

GOD I HOPE WE HAVEN'T BEEN FIGURED OUT THIS EARLY. THERE IS NO EXCUSE THIS YEAR FOR ANYONE ON THIS DAMN TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sfout
  • Veteran

FREE CK!!!!!!!!!!!

This....I'm just going to copy what I just wrote in the veteran Greg Roman thread....

What I responded to...

Originally posted by Janitor:
f**k Roman. I hope he gets a coaching job for another team this year because I am tired of his b******t.1st and goal at the three? Lets run three times. How many f**king times has that situation played itself out.How many times are we going to have a great offensive first half only to have the gameplan completely changed and we stop doing what was working. The read option was killing the Bears the first half....the second half it was barely even used.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Agreed with the bolded, but Harbaugh needs to be a HC in those situations. It's Harbaugh's offense and the consistent conservative play calling in those situations especially, should have been addressed already. There is no reason for him not to get after Roman to stay aggressive and to keep his foot on the pedal. I think it is pretty safe to assume judging by the play calling we see that he doesn't do that and is seemingly ok with being conservative once we go up 10 points.

What I said...
Originally posted by sfout:

This conservative sh*t is what Harbaugh wants. It's the "Bo Schembechler Show" featuring conservative smash-mouth football mixed with Roman's completely idiotic play calling.All of those times they showed Harbaugh on camera pissed off it wasn't because of the play that was called, it was because it didn't work because just like Schembechler, Harbaugh believes his team should always bend a team at will. That doesn't mean crush them and win by 40 through keeping the pedal on the metal, it means sustaining drives to eat clock.Harbaugh may have "changed" our locker room attitude and got the team winning again but as long as he is here this is the offense we will always see. It can be slightly improved by getting a better OC but it will still be the same scheme at its heart.

FREE CK!!!!!!!!!!!

CK was free and look what happened.
If this is really the case, I am done with Harbaugh. And it's probably why we haven't extended this guy. Baalke gave him all the weapons he needs this year and there should be no excuse for a 2nd half melt down like that. OFFENSE WAS COMPLETELY INEPT!

GOD I HOPE WE HAVEN'T BEEN FIGURED OUT THIS EARLY. THERE IS NO EXCUSE THIS YEAR FOR ANYONE ON THIS DAMN TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They haven't been figured out, they just don't really have much of an offensive philosophy anymore. They seem to have a "Offense of the Week" principle and this week it was centered around the read option and basically trying to recreate Buffalo's gameplan of a week ago, something that the Bears spent all week preparing.

As far as this offense goes, when what they gameplanned fails to work, they go into complete and utter paralysis, if the gameplan isn't working, they can't adjust and this offense falls apart.
  • CMIO
It's seems to me that Roman tries his best to use every play in his play book, rather than sticking with what works.

Being serious, it's like playing Madden and you're winning big....you start "trying" out plays that make no sense just to kill the clock.

We were trashing Chicago last night. Instead of going to the ground game, Roman decides to stick with the cute s**t. How can you justify that but to assume that he was just calling plays out of his ass
Share 49ersWebzone