LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

Robert Quinn: 4-year, $66.575M extension

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Rams DE Robert Quinn signed 4-year, $66.575M extension that includes $41.2M gtd tying him to team through 2019, agent Tony Fleming confirmed
Smart move on their part.

Where do you think Aldon's price tag will fall - between Quinn & JJ Watt?

I really can't see Aldon getting more than JJ but definitely more than Quinn.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Smart move on their part.

Where do you think Aldon's price tag will fall - between Quinn & JJ Watt?

I really can't see Aldon getting more than JJ but definitely more than Quinn.

he may, but I will assume there will be a lot of clauses in Aldons contract due to his substance and off-field issues
Originally posted by ads_2006:
he may, but I will assume there will be a lot of clauses in Aldons contract due to his substance and off-field issues

As there very well should be.
hope he doesn't celebrate by beating up a woman or child
I read an article on ESPN I believe someone called him the premier pass rusher behind JJ Watt. I can't wait until Aldon Smith is back and further more, I can't wait until Aldon Smith plays a full 16 game season again. The last time he did such a thing he was challenging the sack record. Oh how quickly people forget.

On another note, I'm happy for Robert Quinn. It is well deserved. The bar has clearly been set for Aldon Smith in terms of value. I think not only the team gets a discount, but it will also be clauses in there that will protect the 49ers.
damn he got paid HUGE!
Good for Quinn
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
i'd rather have quinn. he plays week-in-and-week-out. no stupid personal problems. all aldon does is make it exceedingly difficult for the team to win the super bowl.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
hope he doesn't celebrate by beating up a woman or child

It's the NFL way!

But Quinn deserves in IMO. If anyone can be said to deserve to be paid that sort of money.

Good for him well done.

Here's to many years of him terrorizing Wilson.

CK will be just fine against him as always, so win win for everybody involved.
Originally posted by xcfan:
i'd rather have quinn. he plays week-in-and-week-out. no stupid personal problems. all aldon does is make it exceedingly difficult for the team to win the super bowl.

I respect that and can understand fully. I don't know if Aldon gets it together, but if he does and the worse has passed, no one, even the Rams would say they'd rather have Robert Quinn.

But on another note, didn't Robert Quinn have some kind of issue that prevented him from playing at UNC his final year there? I vaguely remember because he is the guy I wanted us to draft at no. 7 back in 2011. People can change for the better.
Quinn is a monster. Hell never replicate those sack totals from last season though. Double teamed for the rest of his career. Chris long isn't good enough to take any heat off quinn. Good pass rushers. I'd still run 25 times per game with 18 of those runs right over Chris long. (When healthy)
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I respect that and can understand fully. I don't know if Aldon gets it together, but if he does and the worse has passed, no one, even the Rams would say they'd rather have Robert Quinn.

But on another note, didn't Robert Quinn have some kind of issue that prevented him from playing at UNC his final year there? I vaguely remember because he is the guy I wanted us to draft at no. 7 back in 2011. People can change for the better.

Some sort of physical ailment in his head if memory serves. I wanted him in the 1st anyway. I was disappointed when we drafted Aldon and to date Quinn has been the better pro. Aldon has been nothing but a tease and a headache.
[ Edited by WINiner on Sep 14, 2014 at 7:30 AM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Some sort of physical ailment in his head if memory serves. I wanted him in the 1st anyway. I was disappointed when we drafted Aldon and to date Quinn has been the better pro. Aldon has been nothing but a tease and a headache.

It was nothing like that. It was NCAA rules violations which made him ineligible. Can't recall what he did exactly though. And Quinn has stayed out of trouble since which has kept him on the field after sitting out a year without football (his final year at UNC). If you want to talk strictly on the field, I'm sorry, Smith has been the better pro. And the only reason people are so upset now is because of the 9 game suspension. If he got the 2 game slap on the wrist suspension that Ray Rice got initially, few would care.
Share 49ersWebzone