There are 220 users in the forums

Why no consistency in the officiating???

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
They called offensive interference on Lloyd, when Claiborne was draped all over him. Lloyd had his elbow out to defend himself and the ref threw the flag on him instead of Claiborne. That was costly, as Kap had hit Vernon down the field. All you can say is it was the first regular season game for them, too. That said, they've been officiating together since the first preseason game...so really, no excuse for not getting calls right.

And this particular call was inexcusable. I don't care what anybody says, there's no way in hell that should have been called.

Don't get me wrong a flag should have been thrown there, but under no circumstances would a competent official call Brandon Lloyd with that penalty.
anyone who doesn't believe there is a conspiracy against the Niners is in denial.

Now with that being said, the NFL could decide to favor the Niners and at that point all the BS calls would go against our opponents(which for the record I am not fine with either)

There are 2 requirements to win a SB these days
1. Be a top 10 team
2. Be in the NFL's top 5 feel good stories of the season

And for the record for those spouting the "Vegas" argument....actually it is not Vegas behind this....Vegas makes their money on Vigs, the point spread only assures the losers payoff the winners. However, there are elite groups of bettors who do conspire with the officials to help ensure that some favorites don't cover the spread. It is more intricate than just a single game though, because not all the officials are in on it, and the officials can't always guarantee they can affect the score. How it works is the group of bettors will bet millions of dollars on dozens of underdogs throughout the season. They payoff a few officials and through this they win about 75% of those bets.

Basically there are 3 forces in play here
1. NFL wanting to keep games close and high scoring to maximize ratings
2. Corrupt officials in bed with elite bettors
3. NFL pushing certain teams in the media and influencing their advancement to and through the post season
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
ck def took a helmet to the facemask should've been a flag.
There was a roughing the passer call against RGIII that had me screaming in disbelief yesterday-- reminded me of how i felt against the Saints last year (Ahmad)... anyway, was a legit form tackle and i guess they thought it was late or something.

Did anyone see this one or have a gif?
  • thl408
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
There was a roughing the passer call against RGIII that had me screaming in disbelief yesterday-- reminded me of how i felt against the Saints last year (Ahmad)... anyway, was a legit form tackle and i guess they thought it was late or something.

I saw that.
[ Edited by thl408 on Sep 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:

I saw that. Complete BS call. I'll GIF it.

it was almost as if RGIII had sold it cause he thought the previous play should've been called... that's what bothers me is that QB's can start this flopping thing and most likely get the benefit of the doubt.
  • thl408
I thought it was BS at first as well, but upon further review, a defender can't wrap up and fall on top of the QB. Any other player is fine, but not the QB - they are protected. That's a penalty by rule.

• thl408
Originally posted by thl408:

I saw that. Complete BS call. I'll GIF it.

it was almost as if RGIII had sold it cause he thought the previous play should've been called... that's what bothers me is that QB's can start this flopping thing and most likely get the benefit of the doubt.

I agree that QBs will start to sell it in an attempt to get 15. Remember Cam pretending he got shot by a gun when ABrooks jumped over the Oline and tapped him on the head (playoff game).

Eh, it's close with the RG3 hit. Swearinger wrapped up and put his weight onto RG3. By rule the refs have to throw that flag. When I saw it live on mute I thought it was BS. Didn't see the replay till now.
I've gone back and forth on this over the years, and I've concluded that the current officials just suck. In the era of HD cameras, multiple angles of replays... it makes zero sense that the whole world sees obvious calls, except for the refs.
  • thl408
Another look at the Swearinger/RG3 hit.

Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
I've gone back and forth on this over the years, and I've concluded that the current officials just suck. In the era of HD cameras, multiple angles of replays... it makes zero sense that the whole world sees obvious calls, except for the refs.

Too many too rules added i the past few years and they are all vague and they are mostly subjective. NFL needs to clearly define rules so its not always a judgement call like the rules are set up today.

Its really not the refs fault, its the NFL and Goodell's fault for this b******t.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
As at least one other person has said, refs aren't making penalty calls off of screen shots and slow motion replays. They are going to miss calls and they all balance out. Also most of you are biased hypocrites who seem to ignore any time the 49ers catch a break or do something wrong. Even though that behavior is typical, it is still pathetic. Like I have this friend who bets on games and will repeatedly complain about having bad luck when he loses by a point or two, but never mention good luck when he wins by only a point or two.
[ Edited by BobS on Sep 8, 2014 at 4:26 PM ]
Originally posted by danimal:
anyone who doesn't believe there is a conspiracy against the Niners is in denial.

I'm in denial because there is no conspiracy. It's the NFL deciding certain rules need to be emphasized in a violent game played by large, fast, incredible athletes...so now instead of officials just calling what they see during natural course of the game, they're actively pinging, seeking out certain things so they can, in effect, "fill their quota" for calling what the NFL wanted emphasized...and then throw in the fact some of them are just bad at their job.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

Too many too rules added i the past few years and they are all vague and they are mostly subjective. NFL needs to clearly define rules so its not always a judgement call like the rules are set up today.

Its really not the refs fault, its the NFL and Goodell's fault for this b******t.

Probably no one wants to hear this, but I would have review for PI and PF penalties.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Here is a great read if you want: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?220031-Is-the-NFL-an-Entertainment-Business-like-the-WWE
I can provide you links to long-winded diatribes about the 9/11 being an inside job and the moon landing being fake with a ton of circumstantial evidence, but I think those are equally absurd so I'm not going to waste my time!

Please don't. If you could provide 1/100th of a counter argument to this "diatribe," I'd fall out of my chair!
Share 49ersWebzone