There are 172 users in the forums

Cheating teams

Shop 49ers game tickets

Cheating teams

Originally posted by 16to87:
I assume you are talking from first hand knowledge, right 12elf ?

I've been known to write satire from time to time. It just seems like some people are taking satire at face value and agreeing with it. I imagine that when Jonathan Swift wrote A Modest Proposal some landed gentry in England wholeheartedly agreed with it - if you find yourself agreeing with satire in earnest, you may need to revisit your opinions.
Originally posted by mrt144:
BOOM http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/5/6110067/cheattle-cheathawks-can-only-win-by-cheating-beacuse-theyre-cheaters

You do realize that PFT Commentor is a satire account that lampoons idiot NFL fans, right?

You realize that the initial post was made tongue in cheek, and that you're also a visitor here, right?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by mrt144:
BOOM http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/5/6110067/cheattle-cheathawks-can-only-win-by-cheating-beacuse-theyre-cheaters

You do realize that PFT Commentor is a satire account that lampoons idiot NFL fans, right?

You realize that the initial post was made tongue in cheek, and that you're also a visitor here, right?

Would be best if he was a former visitor
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Forgive me for being a homer. But PEDs in 2012 from a few players and pushing the envelope regarding penalties in 2013. Is not anywhere near the same level of "cheating" which I believe is defined as giving an unfair competitive advantage as Spygate or hell even Bounty Gate. Again considering 2012 was a few players caught for PEDs and they didn't win the championship. And pushing the envelope on penalties is something any team could have done in 2013 and turns out a lot of other teams were doing too (considering the Seahawks were the least penalized team in the preseason given the new emphasis on defensive holding) they probably just didn't have the same success.

What the Hawks did last year, which was cheated and dared the officials to call them on it knowing the officials had been instructed to keep games moving, has 0 correlation with what the Hawks did this summer when they knew the NFL changed the rules just to stop their cheating. I am sure Cheat made it very clear to his coaches and his lbs/dbs that he wanted no contact to "show the nfl".

Continually using this summers lack of penalties to fuel your defense of your teams despicable cheating ways in 13 is lame and it weakens your argument each and every time you use it.

I'm fine with admitting the Hawks pushed the envelope daring the refs to throw flags. I don't think it's 10x worse than other teams than some folks make it seem though, the only reason it's noticeable is because the Hawks have success vs the other teams that don't. That being said...pushing the envelope on daring the refs to throw the flag every other play is not the same level of cheating as being caught video taping another team's practices or sending someone out there to take a star player out of the game. Put it this way, with the "cheating" that is defined for the Seahawks regarding holding. I can shrug my shoulders. PEDs, I'm not a fan of, but they get their suspensions. If the Seahawks were to be caught video taping Niner practices, or hell telling players to go break Kaep's knee...that's not something I as even the biggest homer could just shrug off or even look the other way at.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
definitely the Pats. Your hatred for the hawks is clouding your vision.

this. the pats BLATANTLY did something they knew were illegal. With the seahawks, the 'holding' thing is a p***y argument. If the refs don't call it, it isn't the Seahawks fault for taking advantage, its being smart
  • BobS
  • Veteran
What a bunch of cry babies and sore losers. Seattle was the better team last year, plain and simple.
[ Edited by BobS on Sep 6, 2014 at 8:30 PM ]
Forgive me for being a homer. But PEDs in 2012 from a few players and pushing the envelope regarding penalties in 2013. Is not anywhere near the same level of "cheating" which I believe is defined as giving an unfair competitive advantage as Spygate or hell even Bounty Gate. Again considering 2012 was a few players caught for PEDs and they didn't win the championship. And pushing the envelope on penalties is something any team could have done in 2013 and turns out a lot of other teams were doing too (considering the Seahawks were the least penalized team in the preseason given the new emphasis on defensive holding) they probably just didn't have the same success.

What the Hawks did last year, which was cheated and dared the officials to call them on it knowing the officials had been instructed to keep games moving, has 0 correlation with what the Hawks did this summer when they knew the NFL changed the rules just to stop their cheating. I am sure Cheat made it very clear to his coaches and his lbs/dbs that he wanted no contact to "show the nfl".

Continually using this summers lack of penalties to fuel your defense of your teams despicable cheating ways in 13 is lame and it weakens your argument each and every time you use it.

I'm fine with admitting the Hawks pushed the envelope daring the refs to throw flags. I don't think it's 10x worse than other teams than some folks make it seem though, the only reason it's noticeable is because the Hawks have success vs the other teams that don't. That being said...pushing the envelope on daring the refs to throw the flag every other play is not the same level of cheating as being caught video taping another team's practices or sending someone out there to take a star player out of the game. Put it this way, with the "cheating" that is defined for the Seahawks regarding holding. I can shrug my shoulders. PEDs, I'm not a fan of, but they get their suspensions. If the Seahawks were to be caught video taping Niner practices, or hell telling players to go break Kaep's knee...that's not something I as even the biggest homer could just shrug off or even look the other way at.
ROFL as if Hawks don't try to injure Niners every single game we play them
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
definitely the Pats. Your hatred for the hawks is clouding your vision.

this. the pats BLATANTLY did something they knew were illegal. With the seahawks, the 'holding' thing is a p***y argument. If the refs don't call it, it isn't the Seahawks fault for taking advantage, its being smart

You and Pete the Cheat would probably get along well.

Don't kid yourself. Every defender in the NFL would absolutely LOVE to make ESPN Sportscenter's top10 with some big ass hit especially on the opposing team's QB, they probably dream of that moment. Sometimes those hits do lead to injuries, but it's not the intention of the hit. NFL players are a fraternity that's closer than even the so called fanbases are to their own teams and in general do not want to hurt each other (but still wouldn't mind giving one another a nice big boy hit). Hell see the hit Larry Fitzgerald did on Richard Sherman last year, and those two are actually friends and shook hands after.

Bountygate actually had monetary rewards involved to injure someone or hell take them out period. Speculate all you want, but that's all it is until you have actual proof. There are hawk fans who'd love to point fingers at the Saints intentionally trying to take Percy out of the game last season, and hell the Saints WERE the bounty gate team. But there's no actual proof of that, and I'm sure everyone else here would just say...naah Percy is just glass.

Bottomline..Biggest Cheaters..Patriots hands down. Caught videotaping practices. You can't get much worse than that, other than having a microphone in the opposing team's locker room, paying refs, or somehow stealing their playbook.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Sep 6, 2014 at 11:42 PM ]

Don't kid yourself. Every defender in the NFL would absolutely LOVE to make ESPN Sportscenter's top10 with some big ass hit especially on the opposing team's QB, they probably dream of that moment. Sometimes those hits do lead to injuries, but it's not the intention of the hit. NFL players are a fraternity that's closer than even the so called fanbases are to their own teams and in general do not want to hurt each other (but still wouldn't mind giving one another a nice big boy hit). Hell see the hit Larry Fitzgerald did on Richard Sherman last year, and those two are actually friends and shook hands after.

Bountygate actually had monetary rewards involved to injure someone or hell take them out period. Speculate all you want, but that's all it is until you have actual proof. There are hawk fans who'd love to point fingers at the Saints intentionally trying to take Percy out of the game last season, and hell the Saints WERE the bounty gate team. But there's no actual proof of that, and I'm sure everyone else here would just say...naah Percy is just glass.

Bottomline..Biggest Cheaters..Patriots hands down. Caught videotaping practices. You can't get much worse than that, other than having a microphone in the opposing team's locker room, paying refs, or somehow stealing their playbook.

Palease. Check the injury history of injuries the Niners players receive from ALL other teams and then compare it to the # of injuries we receive playing Seattle. Then go and look at how many players Seattle injures on average compared to Niners players injured by Seattle on average. The #'s paint a pretty picture, if you are a cheating Cheathawk.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
It's funny that in the playoffs, the noise level was alot lower than it was the day they set the record. You would think that place would be louder in the championship game than it was during a regular season game. It is also funny that the NFL was regulating this matter during the playoffs in SEA. Coincidence? I think not.
The only reason the MNF game against the Saints set the record was because Guinness had representatives there with expensive equipment measuring the decibel levels. There have been any other number of games in the Clink that were as loud or louder, including the NFCCG, but didn't set the record because no one was officially measuring the noise level.

There's never been a shred of evidence that any artifical noise is pumped in nor have I ever heard that the NFL "regulates" the matter any different during the playoffs than they do any other time.
In 2005 after the Giants lost in Seattle with 11 flags for false start they asked the NFL to investigate to see if Seattle uses artificial crowd noise. The league determined it wasn't pumped it and that it was natural. Unfortunately for some fans that will never be good enough for them due to their blind hatred for the Seahawks organization and/or jealously that their own home field advantage isn't on par with Seattle's.

Levi stadium from most articles I have read is built for sound too but no matter how a stadium is built it still requires the fans to make the noise happen. I would love to see the 49ers have a loud stadium (as a non 49er fan) but time will tell. That one will solely be up to your fans in the stadium to make that happen.

Here's to another exciting year of football...
[ Edited by Fanofthegame on Sep 7, 2014 at 10:18 AM ]
"The league determined it wasn't pumped it and that it was natural."
You reall believe that? What would happen if the NFL did say they pumped up the volume? It would discredit games, and open up a Pandoras Box of accusations, etc. so they are just trying to sweep it under the rug and hopes it goes away. Didn't someone post a hysterical video of a talk show host even saying the fans themselves are no louder than any other fan, but yet that stadium is louder?
Everything in life isn't a conspiracy theory. Of course its not just the fans as its also how the stadium is built. But without the fans doing their part the stadium acoustics wouldn't mean jack. As I mentioned in my last post, Levi stadium could have a lot of the same type of acoustic effect if the fans make it happen, the question is are the fans that attend the 49er games the type of fans that can make it happen? Hopefully but we'll see.

Spygate/bountygate didn't stop the NFL from investigating and taking action. Why would they hide any info that the hawks were pumping in noise if that was true but not hide those two incidents especially spygate. If you remember right there was allegations that the Patriots even taped walkthroughs of the Rams leading up to the Super Bowl in 02. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to hide and cover up spygate which potentially effects the outcome of a Super Bowl then fake noise in Seattle to prevent "discredit games and opening up a Pandoras Box of Allegations"?

No matter the lack of actual proof you and others that cant stand the Seahawks will never be content that there isn't fake noise. To each their own.

Palease. Check the injury history of injuries the Niners players receive from ALL other teams and then compare it to the # of injuries we receive playing Seattle. Then go and look at how many players Seattle injures on average compared to Niners players injured by Seattle on average. The #'s paint a pretty picture, if you are a cheating Cheathawk.

That's called conspiracy theory and speculation, that's not "proof".
Share 49ersWebzone