LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 231 users in the forums

Cheating teams

Shop 49ers game tickets

Cheating teams

OK, just thought I'd throw this out. What team do you think cheated the most?

new england with their "SpyGate", also driving a snowblower onto the field to clear it so they can kick a field goal (how the refs permitted this is beyond me).
seattle - PED's, constant holds, etc.
raiders - This is old-time raiders. Late hits, use of stick'em, hid metal in their forearm pads. For crying out loud, their motto is "Just Win Baby", they didn't care HOW.

If you pick 'other", put why.
49ers and the salary cap
Eddie DeBartolo & The Governor of Louisiana

And where's the Saints?
Just don't get caught.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for Baldie.
I still question the noise level at C-Link
Forgot 11 on 11 practices during OTAs at Seattle practices 2 of the last 3 years. Those are just the years they were punished (it's probably 3 out of 3). Pete just gotta cheat.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:

Can we move past this already ? It has been investigated by the NFL and outside of that there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.
Didn't Indy get caught pumping in noise from their speakers

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
definitely the Pats. Your hatred for the hawks is clouding your vision.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Sep 4, 2014 at 3:40 PM ]
  • Phil
  • Veteran

I was attacked with online tomatoes on another forum for suggesting Seattle has an unfair advantage with C-link noise...and holding...and PED's. Their road games objectively show us they aren't the same team without all that noise. I dont think their D is the same D without all the illegal contact/holding but what can ya do? I think it's somewhat obvious why the NFL decided to focus on defensive penalties this season. A lot of other teams were beginning to build up secondaries with the same goal in mind and they want a pass happy league. Seattle got their trophy so now their reigning it in. Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows. How'd they shut Manning down so easily? Figure out his play calls? i mean...they're still a good D but with Pete the cheat who knows what the hell is going on over there.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
meh, all teams cheat...I bet most players are on some kind of steroid, use stickem, hold on the o-line, mug the receivers, cheap shots, chop blocks, leg whips, etc, etc...everyone used to accuse the 49ers of leg whipping back in the 80s. Remember Howie (the b***h) long whinning because our old O-line coach (god bless his soul and forgot his name) used to teach chop blocking?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
And where's the Saints?

How could I forget!

It's funny that in the playoffs, the noise level was alot lower than it was the day they set the record. You would think that place would be louder in the championship game than it was during a regular season game. It is also funny that the NFL was regulating this matter during the playoffs in SEA. Coincidence? I think not.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Sep 4, 2014 at 4:14 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone