There are 163 users in the forums

Wes Welker Suspended Out For 4 Games

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Phil
  • Veteran
My concern is, Denver plays both Seattle and Arizona in the 4 games he's out. Was hoping Denver would put a wooping on Seattle for revenge then go and beat up on Arizona but they're a tad weakened now. Good news is Cody Latimer seems to be impressing in Denver so he should have an opportunity to step up in his rookie season. Anyhow, it sounds like Wes is focusing on denying taking PED's...took MDMA at the horse races (lol). Whatever. I dont care. Is his helmet too big? Yes. That's what I care about.

The question is, can Denver put a wooping on the NFC west Birds without Lord Helmet? Is Welker that much of an integral piece to this offense or will Denver take the loss of Welker in stride?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Suspended or out
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
Suspended or out

Suspended. I guess there's already a thread on players suspensions so I fail at thread starting. Either way it's a funny story. Reports are that he took MDMA (Molly) at the Kentucky Derby and was handing out 100 dollar bills. They cut that s**t with speed so when he drug tested for the NFL amphetamines came up and they suspended him for taking PED's. 5 games I think? He comes back after their Arizona game. My only concern is I want Denver to be 100% when they play Seattle and Arizona but the side story of his suspension is kinda funny. He's definitely not taking PED's...speed only stays in your system a few days and only makes you "high" for a few hours. If it were game day and they tested him and amphetamines came up then ya. So his drug use wasn't to enhance performance it was to get high. I'm not sure what the suspension is for using to get high and have fun (first offense)?
Arizona going to suck this year anyways
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Arizona going to suck this year anyways

Their linebacker corps is toast, yes, but they went out and picked up some players in the secondary and have a couple more weapons on offense now. Palmer is going to Palmer but their offense will be better this season. It all depends on their pass rush and run stopping ability. Without that great linebacker corps Palmer's ints will hurt that much more. They're not going to suck but I dont think they're as good as a healthy 49ers team.
[ Edited by Phil on Sep 4, 2014 at 9:51 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone