There are 170 users in the forums

Cowboys fans are pretty confident

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
work with a bunch of cowboy fans (in f**king Tracy, CA of all places) and theyre talking all kinds of s**t but when you bring up anything football related they just come back with, well niners suck! i hope we beat the living s**t out of them on sunday

Exactly! That is the type of Cowboy fans I deal with mainly. I live about 3 hours west of Dallas and the fans around here are usually pretty clueless about things like stats, facts, etc.

Also, the "gay" jokes are always thrown around.......you know like "Forty Gayers" "Sixty-Niners" real clever stuff.

Now you can throw Sam in their face then lol

lol exactly, I'm just waiting....

they signed michael sam? lol!
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
  • kray28
  • Veteran
We should sign TO for one game so he can go piss on the Dallas star...one more time for ol' times sake.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I live in northern Minnesota , and my area is swarmed with Packers, Cowboys and Bears fans besides Vikings fans

getting some gas in my car this morning, and an obvious hillbilly with a Romo Jersey saw me with my Willis Jersey and yelled at me...NINERS SUCK ....I yelled back ..'WE'LL SEE ON SUNDAY" ....He obviously wasn't a good sport, he yelled back again .."WE WHIPPED YOUR ASSES LAST TIME" ....and he visibly got upset after I yelled back .."YEAH THAT 3 POINT HAMMERING YOU GAVE US LAST TIME PUT US IN OUR PLACE" ....he didn't like that

and when I arrived at work at the high school, where there are scores of Cowboys fans, I discover a picture of Gore getting tackled by 3 Cowboys and another paper written in sharpie ,"49ERS SUCK" on my office door ....so basically I'm all alone against these f*ckers, there is only one other 49ers fan in the building, and its and elderly gentleman, so not much backup here

have you guys gotten into it with any Cowboys fans? ...seems like they are extra confident this time around?

Your first mistake is living in Minnesota. There is a shortage of intelligent life. After all, they elected Jesse Ventura governor for gosh sakes!
Physiologically I think we need to win this first game and have a very good showing not only for our players but for other teams around the league watching us...and they will be watching . If we lose ,doubts will start to set in , if we lose big other teams are going to gain confidence because I think with all the change in our personnel other teams are not sure what to expect . I expect Harbaugh and coaching staff to be on top of it so I expect a win. I would prefer a ass whooping win to set the tone for our run.....We shall see guys at Big D.....GO NINER'S !!!
Originally posted by blueberryicedcoffee:
As a Cowboys fan, here's what I had to say about the game -

The 49ers GON GET THIS WORK. Dez will rip their pride away from them and hand it back like he didn't want it anyway. THEY AIN'T ABOUT THAT LIFE. Their entire team won't be able to look their families in the eyes after Sunday. We're not just going to beat them, we're going to BEAT. THEM. DOWN. They're gonna wish the NFL had some sort of mercy rule after we demoralize them. But in all seriousness, the game won't even be fun to watch because we'll be playing our backups after half time. Weeden can handle it from there. Kaepernick is going to leave AT&T Stadium as a DALLAS COWBOYS FAN. Make sure the 9ers fans stay away from all tall buildings and any sharp objects... THEY. DON'T. WANT. THESE. PROBLEMS.

With the Defense they have? ........Not likely.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by 16to87:
This from Niner Nation http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/9/3/6100355/49ers-vs-cowboys-a-prospectors-guide

Series Highlighs

• Matchups: 33
  • Series Record: Series is tied 16-16-1
  • 49ers Away Record vs. Cowboys: Cowboys lead series 8-7-1
  • First Meeting: 11/20/60, 49ers win 26-14, at Dal
  • .Last Meeting: 9/18/11, Cowboys win 27-24 (OT), at SF
  • Current Streak: Lost 3
  • Longest 49ers Win Streak: 6 (10/11/81 - 11/11/90)
  • Longest Cowboys Win Streak: 5 (12/23/72 - 10/12/80)
  • Most 49ers Points: 45 (10/11/81): 49ers win 45-14, at SF
  • Most Cowboys Points: 59 (10/12/80): Cowboys win 59-14, at Dal.
  • 49ers Shutouts: None
  • Cowboys Shutouts: None

IIRC that game on 10/11/81 was not on local TV, was listening on the radio while also watching baseball on TV, and Vin Scully almost had a heart attack when they were showing NFL scores and in the 2nd Qtr 49ers were up 24-0. Even though the Niners did have signature wins that season @ Steelers, @ Bengals, and of course The Catch, many people/players felt that first Cowboys game was the beginning of the dynasty.

EDIT: Also was Fred Dean's first game with the 49ers, he was an absolute wrecking ball, pressuring and sacking Danny White all game long.

I wasn't born at the time, but from the information I know, I'd consider that one of the important games in our history. When NFL Films released that greatest games series, no disrespect to our five Super Bowl wins, but it would've been great to release games like that Cowboys game in 81. There are a few others that are right up there, but are not championship/playoff games. Perhaps the NFL would do a volume 2 of that series.
I've got a friend that is a big Cowboys fan. He's pretty excited that Romo won't be sacked by Aldon Smith.... but then said, I'm pretty sure he'll still be sacked about 4 times and the 'boys' defense is going to get pushed around pretty easily.
Cowboys fans who know better understand this is a tough task for them.

Iv'e heard alot on sports talk radio that this Cowboys defense might be the worst in the NFL
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"Cowboys fans are pretty confident"

A midget wants to be tall. Aldon Smith wants to play Sunday. A Cawk fan wants more than one trophy.

Not gonna happen...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
If we put out the team that played in preseason games one and two, they would have a 50/50 chance of keeping it close (but still lose)
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by 16to87:
This from Niner Nation http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/9/3/6100355/49ers-vs-cowboys-a-prospectors-guide

Series Highlighs

• Matchups: 33
  • Series Record: Series is tied 16-16-1
  • 49ers Away Record vs. Cowboys: Cowboys lead series 8-7-1
  • First Meeting: 11/20/60, 49ers win 26-14, at Dal
  • .Last Meeting: 9/18/11, Cowboys win 27-24 (OT), at SF
  • Current Streak: Lost 3
  • Longest 49ers Win Streak: 6 (10/11/81 - 11/11/90)
  • Longest Cowboys Win Streak: 5 (12/23/72 - 10/12/80)
  • Most 49ers Points: 45 (10/11/81): 49ers win 45-14, at SF
  • Most Cowboys Points: 59 (10/12/80): Cowboys win 59-14, at Dal.
  • 49ers Shutouts: None
  • Cowboys Shutouts: None

IIRC that game on 10/11/81 was not on local TV, was listening on the radio while also watching baseball on TV, and Vin Scully almost had a heart attack when they were showing NFL scores and in the 2nd Qtr 49ers were up 24-0. Even though the Niners did have signature wins that season @ Steelers, @ Bengals, and of course The Catch, many people/players felt that first Cowboys game was the beginning of the dynasty.

EDIT: Also was Fred Dean's first game with the 49ers, he was an absolute wrecking ball, pressuring and sacking Danny White all game long.

I wasn't born at the time, but from the information I know, I'd consider that one of the important games in our history. When NFL Films released that greatest games series, no disrespect to our five Super Bowl wins, but it would've been great to release games like that Cowboys game in 81. There are a few others that are right up there, but are not championship/playoff games. Perhaps the NFL would do a volume 2 of that series.

Yeah, it's hard to give proper context as to how huge that victory was. It was early in the season, only the 6th game, 49ers 3-2 going into it so this was still before anyone could dream how good the 49ers actually were. And this was the PRE-parity NFL...nowadays we might raise an eyebrow if Jags beat the Pats, but it's not a big deal. Back then it was a VERY big deal if an upper-echelon team lost to one seen as a scrub, which is exactly what happened when the Niners killed the Cowboys. I still have the SF Chronicle from the next day, "49ers On A Rampage!!!"
Share 49ersWebzone