LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Cowboys fans are pretty confident

Shop 49ers game tickets
They are all acting like, since Bowman and Smith are playing, that we'll only field 9 defenders and just leave OLB and ILB empty.

Dan Skuta and Michael Wilhoite would be immediate starters on this Dallas team.
Believe it or not, the Cowboys fans I know are pretty knowledgable about the game. Even with three of our stars out on defense, they seem rather reserved haha.
My brother lives in Ft Worth, is a cowboys fan but also long time 49ers fan. We sat together in Stanford stadium and watched Marino get mugged by our D while joe had a "fun outing". His take is if he were a betting man he would take every bet the cowboys want to make on their team. O may be very good, Romo could potentially pick us apart, but he sees the 9ers putting the hurt to the cowboys, and badly. Their D is non existent.

Man am I glad this isn't last yr when we opened with GB. Wow. SEA will do well to beat GB this yr, and my money is on GB in that one.
Originally posted by sspiker:
They are all acting like, since Bowman and Smith are playing, that we'll only field 9 defenders and just leave OLB and ILB empty.

Dan Skuta and Michael Wilhoite would be immediate starters on this Dallas team.

Agreed
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by 16to87:
This from Niner Nation http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/9/3/6100355/49ers-vs-cowboys-a-prospectors-guide

Series Highlighs

• Matchups: 33
  • Series Record: Series is tied 16-16-1
  • 49ers Away Record vs. Cowboys: Cowboys lead series 8-7-1
  • First Meeting: 11/20/60, 49ers win 26-14, at Dal
  • .Last Meeting: 9/18/11, Cowboys win 27-24 (OT), at SF
  • Current Streak: Lost 3
  • Longest 49ers Win Streak: 6 (10/11/81 - 11/11/90)
  • Longest Cowboys Win Streak: 5 (12/23/72 - 10/12/80)
  • Most 49ers Points: 45 (10/11/81): 49ers win 45-14, at SF
  • Most Cowboys Points: 59 (10/12/80): Cowboys win 59-14, at Dal.
  • 49ers Shutouts: None
  • Cowboys Shutouts: None

IIRC that game on 10/11/81 was not on local TV, was listening on the radio while also watching baseball on TV, and Vin Scully almost had a heart attack when they were showing NFL scores and in the 2nd Qtr 49ers were up 24-0. Even though the Niners did have signature wins that season @ Steelers, @ Bengals, and of course The Catch, many people/players felt that first Cowboys game was the beginning of the dynasty.

EDIT: Also was Fred Dean's first game with the 49ers, he was an absolute wrecking ball, pressuring and sacking Danny White all game long.

To add, sweeping the Rams was the biggest deal of that regular season, they had owned us up to that point winning 19 out of the last 21 match-ups, but that 45-14 beatdown was fun, bummer that you couldn't get it on local tv. I'll always remember the crowd chanting "Dean! Fence!"
Originally posted by Chico:
This from Niner Nation http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/9/3/6100355/49ers-vs-cowboys-a-prospectors-guide

Series Highlighs

This information is meaningless...different teams, different eras...etc, etc. etc

So what if different teams/eras, is someone trying to say it has any bearing on future games? It's stating (interesting) facts about the history between these teams...maybe you're just not too familiar with the term "series highlights".
Originally posted by Chico:
This information is meaningless...different teams, different eras...etc, etc. etc

Gosh, thanks! I was under the impression that we could use this information to make meaningful predictions about Sunday's game. Sheesh, I'm really glad you were here to set me straight.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Series Highlighs

IIRC that game on 10/11/81 was not on local TV, was listening on the radio while also watching baseball on TV, and Vin Scully almost had a heart attack when they were showing NFL scores and in the 2nd Qtr 49ers were up 24-0. Even though the Niners did have signature wins that season @ Steelers, @ Bengals, and of course The Catch, many people/players felt that first Cowboys game was the beginning of the dynasty.

EDIT: Also was Fred Dean's first game with the 49ers, he was an absolute wrecking ball, pressuring and sacking Danny White all game long.

To add, sweeping the Rams was the biggest deal of that regular season, they had owned us up to that point winning 19 out of the last 21 match-ups, but that 45-14 beatdown was fun, bummer that you couldn't get it on local tv. I'll always remember the crowd chanting "Dean! Fence!"

Yeah when home games were blacked out we'd usually go to my grandparents' house in Martinez to watch games because they could pick up the Chico TV station that was outside the 75-mile blackout radius. Then later that season they were blacked out in the 15-12 loss to Cleveland....last time 49ers lost that season. And the last time a 49ers home game was blacked out.
Of course Cowboys fans are confident. They're from Texas. I'm hoping for a resounding beat-down. I'm hoping to see Gabbert in mop-up duty for the last half of the fourth quarter and Kaepernick in his cap laughing it up on the sidelines with other starters who have been taken out of the game.
If im speaking honestly, im not afraid of the Cowboys. That defense is porous at best. Our D should still be able to do what we do just not as proficient

Originally posted by crake49:
Of course Cowboys fans are confident. They're from Texas. I'm hoping for a resounding beat-down. I'm hoping to see Gabbert in mop-up duty for the last half of the fourth quarter and Kaepernick in his cap laughing it up on the sidelines with other starters who have been taken out of the game.

I wanna see us POUND the ball in the 4th qtr with Gabbert doing nothing but handing off the ball after we have a 3 or 4 TD lead
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I live in northern Minnesota , and my area is swarmed with Packers, Cowboys and Bears fans besides Vikings fans

getting some gas in my car this morning, and an obvious hillbilly with a Romo Jersey saw me with my Willis Jersey and yelled at me...NINERS SUCK ....I yelled back ..'WE'LL SEE ON SUNDAY" ....He obviously wasn't a good sport, he yelled back again .."WE WHIPPED YOUR ASSES LAST TIME" ....and he visibly got upset after I yelled back .."YEAH THAT 3 POINT HAMMERING YOU GAVE US LAST TIME PUT US IN OUR PLACE" ....he didn't like that

and when I arrived at work at the high school, where there are scores of Cowboys fans, I discover a picture of Gore getting tackled by 3 Cowboys and another paper written in sharpie ,"49ERS SUCK" on my office door ....so basically I'm all alone against these f*ckers, there is only one other 49ers fan in the building, and its and elderly gentleman, so not much backup here

have you guys gotten into it with any Cowboys fans? ...seems like they are extra confident this time around?

There are idiots in every fanbase, ours included.

When I've looked at Cowboys forums, you'll see peeps with hopeful predictions of a 3 point win or something, but most think they'll lose and moreover go like 4-12.

They really aren't that confident as a whole.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I think the Cowboys are the only team to beat us that we haven't played twice. I'm not sure somebody can fact check me on that but I know they're only one of few teams we haven't beaten (that we've played at least once) or that's beaten us and we haven't played them again since Harbaugh got here. Ravens are the only team that I can think of that we've never beaten that we've played multiple times.

That said, I wanna just win this game and move on. Their D is turrible, but our O didn't show much in preseason. I honestly don't expect our D to take any steps back. maybe 1 or 2, but nothing significant. Yeah we don't have Smith and Bowman, but we have the best depth in the NFL and our secondary is probably better than it's ever been in the Harbaugh era. Playing in Dallas is pretty much like a home game since everybody who isn't the Cowboys wins there. So I'm not worried, just anxious. As far as fans go, idiot no football watching ignoramus cowboys fans probably think they'll win, but anybody with any sense knows the best they can probably hope for is a narrow win.
Having lived in Texas from mid-93 to early Jan 2000, I got a full, continuing dose of how obnoxious, pompous, and condescending Cowbags fans are. That was when the Cowbags were actually good...now that they're bad, I'd expect their obnoxious, pompous and condescending attitudes are a cover-up for what a crappy team they really have.
Originally posted by blueberryicedcoffee:
As a Cowboys fan, here's what I had to say about the game -

The 49ers GON GET THIS WORK. Dez will rip their pride away from them and hand it back like he didn't want it anyway. THEY AIN'T ABOUT THAT LIFE. Their entire team won't be able to look their families in the eyes after Sunday. We're not just going to beat them, we're going to BEAT. THEM. DOWN. They're gonna wish the NFL had some sort of mercy rule after we demoralize them. But in all seriousness, the game won't even be fun to watch because we'll be playing our backups after half time. Weeden can handle it from there. Kaepernick is going to leave AT&T Stadium as a DALLAS COWBOYS FAN. Make sure the 9ers fans stay away from all tall buildings and any sharp objects... THEY. DON'T. WANT. THESE. PROBLEMS.

U sound pretty cocky u know Crabs is going to have the game of his life hes going to put on a show for his hometown n when its all set n done you'll wake up from your little fantasy dream n realize u just got your ass handed to you by a team full of drama/missing core guys on the defense then you'll probably disappear until we once again meet in about 4 years.
Share 49ersWebzone