LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 375 users in the forums

Whom Did You Root For More vs the Steelers in the SB?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Whom Did You Root For More vs the Steelers in the SB?

Granted, the holmgren/hasselbeck/alexander hawks weren't as hateable as cheat Carroll's & we were still feelin out our "rivalry" with them back then...

...I admit I was pulling for Larry Fitzgerald to get a ring...could care less for warner & their D doe

If even one of those NFCW teams win steelers are still tied with 5 rings

ringless this is for you
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Sep 2, 2014 at 5:12 PM ]
I rooted for Pittsburgh in both....i don't want any team in this division to succeed other than the Niners
I rooted for the NFC West for both, Didnt want The Steelers to have more rings than us. Didnt hate the Seahawks as much back then
The NFC West both times. The ring count was the only thing we had during those years, and it was also before seattle and its fans turned into a bunch of a*****es.
I respected that Seattle team and the fans much more than the current team, but I rooted for Arizona more during Super Bowl 43.

Despite the unfavorable result, I still consider Super Bowl 43 to be in the top 3 Non-49er Super Bowls I've ever watched (along with 32 and 34)
I rooted for the Cards and Seahawks.

Would rather see a division rival win than another team capture their 5th,6th, or 7th Lombardi trophy. The trophy count is the most important thing.
I can't recall because when the Niners aren't involved I tend to root for whoever I bet on.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
I rooted for the NFC West for both, Didnt want The Steelers to have more rings than us. Didnt hate the Seahawks as much back then

Yep same here
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
The NFC West both times. The ring count was the only thing we had during those years, and it was also before seattle and its fans turned into a bunch of a*****es.
Same here. I rooted more against the Steelers than for a Seattle win, didn't want Pittsburgh or Dallas to have more rings than us.
I always liked Holmgren, so I had to root for him and his team. But, I also rooted for the Cardinals. I also rooted for the Rams when they played them which was just a crazy feeling. I've never rooted for the Steelers for anything. I rooted for the Raiders when they used to have their AFC Championship games against them in the 70's.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I rooted for the Cards and Seahawks.

Would rather see a division rival win than another team capture their 5th,6th, or 7th Lombardi trophy. The trophy count is the most important thing.
I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment and can say that for me it is only tested by the current Seahawks team, which I am disgusted by. The Super Bowl 40 team was easier to root for against the Steelers.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Same.
I forgot in SB 40 the steelers still only had 4 rings going in, so I was still fine rooting for them and tying us and Dallas. Didn't think Seattle beating them was the "lesser of two evils" even then, and thank god otherwise they'd have 2 by now. Something about Seattle the city just makes me want them to be forever miserable

As I said, preferences reversed three years later, Arizona a rootable for despite the douches on defense they had then. Couldn't have Pittburgh getting to 6. Zona getting a ring would've at least legitimized an underestimated, but still mediocre NFCW back then. Just like when the dbags beat the yankees, Arizona plays a good rootable underdog role every once in a while..they keep a hate able team from a ring, and you and most of their fans forget about it soon after
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Sep 4, 2014 at 2:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone