LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

**** 2014 WEEK 1 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 9/4 - 9/8 ****

Shop 49ers game tickets
We might not have looked great because we didn't have the benefit of Romo throwing to our defenders.

Keep in mind SD was a playoff team last year, and won a shift game. They also upgraded there team and considered by most sports analysts to be a top 12 team.

We lost John Abraham which is when our defense played more poorly. As well as Docketts replacement Rucker. Our Offense went for over 400 yds while SD didn't even crack 300 yds of offense.

The blocked punt that lead to 7 SD points was because of our rookie safety who said himself he didn't block his man bc he was too excited and led his gap open to run down field leaving a clean lane for the block to happen. We also had an interception stolen from us on a questionable call, that I will say was negated or Karma by rivers fumble.

Good teams find ways to win, and we did against a team with legitimate playoff hopes. This week we both play bad teams. So perhaps week 3 when we are against each other that will be the real gauge of who is who.
Originally posted by ring_less:
We might not have looked great because we didn't have the benefit of Romo throwing to our defenders.

Keep in mind SD was a playoff team last year, and won a shift game. They also upgraded there team and considered by most sports analysts to be a top 12 team.

We lost John Abraham which is when our defense played more poorly. As well as Docketts replacement Rucker. Our Offense went for over 400 yds while SD didn't even crack 300 yds of offense.

The blocked punt that lead to 7 SD points was because of our rookie safety who said himself he didn't block his man bc he was too excited and led his gap open to run down field leaving a clean lane for the block to happen. We also had an interception stolen from us on a questionable call, that I will say was negated or Karma by rivers fumble.

Good teams find ways to win, and we did against a team with legitimate playoff hopes. This week we both play bad teams. So perhaps week 3 when we are against each other that will be the real gauge of who is who.

Your team looked solid. Won a hard fought football game.

Was really impressed with Larry Foote filling in at ILB. I don't know if he can keep up that level of play, but if he does, it will help ease the loss of Dansby/Washington.

Rivers shat his pants when under pressure via blitz, especially in the last sequence that iced the game. Loved how Todd Bowles went after him aggressively with the game on the line. Didn't let him comfortably sit in the pocket and get in FG range.

Congrats on the win.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
The Cards just are not a very scary team to me. I don't think they win more than 9 games this year.

I don't know, they got some pretty good weapons on offense with an improved o line and their D is still formidable...and they are very well coached.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Cards are a top 8 team, imo, but I think they were last year too, just unlucky to be in this division.
Share 49ersWebzone