There are 256 users in the forums

Ryan Mallett traded to Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by WeDidIt:
LOL. The Fitzpatrick experiment lasted how long?

Will be interesting to see Mallett in a different offense. I think he's pretty good, but imobile so I hope Houston's line is up to the task.

This is the very reason I didn't want him in San Francisco. Many were vouching for us to trade for him when Gabbert began to stink it up in the preseason, but it makes no sense to get a guy that is immobile in today's NFL unless you have a dominant pass protecting O-Line.

I'd take the top 1 and 2 most immobile QB in the NFL as my starter anyday.
Belichick waited to long to trade Mallett, if he pulled the trigger last season he would've received much more than a 7th rounder. His next move will be out of the league.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Belichick waited to long to trade Mallett, if he pulled the trigger last season he would've received much more than a 7th rounder. His next move will be out of the league.

Assuming that anyone was offering anything higher at that time. Mallett has always been a guy that was big on potential, short on results. If O'Brien thinks he can develop him, more power to him but if he was really that into Mallett, he could have gotten him quite a bit earlier in the offseason for probably just a slightly higher asking price.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Assuming that anyone was offering anything higher at that time. Mallett has always been a guy that was big on potential, short on results. If O'Brien thinks he can develop him, more power to him but if he was really that into Mallett, he could have gotten him quite a bit earlier in the offseason for probably just a slightly higher asking price.

When did he ever get the opportunity to show any results? Mallet could've thrown all the TD's during pre season, he would've never get in front of Brady. Bellichick trusted him enough to backup Brady until they couldn't afford him anymore.
Ryan Mallet will win a playoff game before RG3, Andy Dalton, and Nick Foles.

Book it.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Ryan Mallet will win a playoff game before RG3, Andy Dalton, and Nick Foles.

Book it.

He gotta win a, as in one, as in singular, regular season game first.
The whole point of the matter is that Belichick gave Mallett away. Belichick doesn't give ice in the winter, if he were worth something Belichick would've received max.
  • titan
  • Veteran
The whole point of the matter is that Belichick gave Mallett away. Belichick doesn't give ice in the winter, if he were worth something Belichick would've received max.

How do you figure when Mallet is ready to become a free agent knowing he would get paid and has an opportunity to be a starter. What Belichick super power does he have that an obvious situation would've given him more than what the he received? He is lucky Keenum suck and got a 7th/ conditional pick.
Originally posted by titan:

Will be interesting to see Mallett in a different offense. I think he's pretty good, but imobile so I hope Houston's line is up to the task.

This is the very reason I didn't want him in San Francisco. Many were vouching for us to trade for him when Gabbert began to stink it up in the preseason, but it makes no sense to get a guy that is immobile in today's NFL unless you have a dominant pass protecting O-Line.

I'd take Aaron Rodgers over both of those guys.
  • titan
  • Veteran

Because of age maybe.

Because of age maybe.

I'd take Rodgers over even a young Tom Brady. Tom Brady had damn good defenses early on in his career. Put Rodgers on those teams and I think you get the same result. They also would've went 19-0 in 2007. I really believe he is that good and can handle pressure better.
I actually really like Mallet. This is a great deal for the texans.
Share 49ersWebzone