LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

NFL new domestic violence policy

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
it shouldn't matter if the penalty is too harsh. don't beat up on your domestic partner, period, and you wont have to worry about it.

lets say you're an top 20 nfl player

you've been faithful to your wife, but finds out she's cheating (she's even signed a pre-nup)

When you tell her its over, whats to stop her from saying "if you leave me, I will claim you physically abuse me"

Lol great point. The "if you dont do it, you have nothin to worry bout" crowd dont take scenerios like these into account.

Correct.

first off, if a player is with a woman that would cheat on him and make false physical abuse claims then they made a poor choice from the beginning. people generally know the type of person they're with. if he stays with her after the first accusation, then he would deserve an eventual ban if it came to that.

secondly, if a player is caught in this situation, Goodell isn't stupid enough to ban them for life without some form of indisputable evidence. if he did, and the player was genuinely innocent, he would face a s**t storm from the NFLPA and the lawyer the player hired to fight the ruling. each claim would receive a thorough investigation and if the woman was lying chances are that would be uncovered.

lastly, players will be taught how to protect themselves from such accusations. there are methods that can be used to deter such behavior and keep oneself out of this type of situation. rules are made, players adjust. that's how it works.
[ Edited by NinerGod on Aug 30, 2014 at 3:16 PM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I fully support this decision but Goodell only made it because of public pressure. He showed how little he cares about domestic violence when he went on record saying it deserves less punishment than smoking weed or selling your own property, an absurd ruling he and his reps firmly defended for weeks afterward. The players should take a stand against Goodell being their sole judge and jury, lording over them like a god. These decisions should be made by a council of experienced, knowledgable, proven professionals.
it shouldn't matter if the penalty is too harsh. don't beat up on your domestic partner, period, and you wont have to worry about it.

you've been faithful to your wife, but finds out she's cheating (she's even signed a pre-nup)

When you tell her its over, whats to stop her from saying "if you leave me, I will claim you physically abuse me"

Lol great point. The "if you dont do it, you have nothin to worry bout" crowd dont take scenerios like these into account.

Correct.

first off, if a player is with a woman that would cheat on him and make false physical abuse claims then they made a poor choice from the beginning. people generally know the type of person they're with. if he stays with her after the first accusation, then he would deserve an eventual ban if it came to that.

secondly, if a player is caught in this situation, Goodell isn't stupid enough to ban them for life without some form of indisputable evidence. if he did, and the player was genuinely innocent, he would face a s**t storm from the NFLPA and the lawyer the player hired to fight the ruling. each claim would receive a thorough investigation and if the woman was lying chances are that would be uncovered.

lastly, players will be taught how to protect themselves from such accusations. there are methods that can be used to deter such behavior and keep oneself out of this type of situation. rules are made, players adjust. that's how it works.

This. Although these guys have money and are in the spotlight, this type of thing is VERY avoidable. There are some football players who are never in these situations. Ever. It's because of the personal decisions they make as to who they let in their circle and who they keep out. I think the NFL tries to teach them, but in reality, these are skills you learn growing up and as an adult. Sometimes we talk about women who put themselves in situations to be victims. Men have to stop doing the same thing, in terms of dealing with questionable women or women they don't know very well at all.
One of our players gets to be the first punished under the new policy. Congrats Ray, you dumb f**k!
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
One of our players gets to be the first punished under the new policy. Congrats Ray, you dumb f**k!

THIS. Jesus Christ.

Did you miss the Colin Kaepernick situation this offseason?......
  • titan
  • Veteran
Feels like this give players wife's and/or gf's a lot more power.

Which doesn't necessarily mean a good thing

Not really. It actually saves their azz from getting in trouble by the law. Cops get called and it just an arguement easy solution. Cop gets dispatched to a domestic.ESPN.
[ Edited by titan on Aug 31, 2014 at 1:51 PM ]
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<title>Temporary Problem - 49erswebzone.com Forum</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;" />
<style type="text/css" media="screen">@import "http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/css/error.css?v=1.0078";</style>
</head>
<body>

<div>
<div>
<h1>Temporary Problem</h1>
<div id="errorbox" class="shadow">
<div class="message">
<p>Don't panic! There was a temporary problem loading the forum. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. <!-- User webzone_david already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections --></p>
</div>
<div class="links">
<ul>
<li><a href="">Try again</a></li> </ul>
</div>
</div>
<div id="error-sign"><div></div></div>
</div>
</div>

</body>
</html><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<title>Temporary Problem - 49erswebzone.com Forum</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;" />
<style type="text/css" media="screen">@import "http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/css/error.css?v=1.0078";</style>
</head>
<body>

<div>
<div>
<h1>Temporary Problem</h1>
<div id="errorbox" class="shadow">
<div class="message">
<p>Don't panic! There was a temporary problem loading the forum. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. <!-- User webzone_david already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections --></p>
</div>
<div class="links">
<ul>
<li><a href="">Try again</a></li> </ul>
</div>
</div>
<div id="error-sign"><div></div></div>
</div>
</div>

</body>
</html>

By your logic, a battered woman deserves it because

Correct.

By your logic, a battered woman deserves it
  • Phil
  • Veteran

It already happens in many many divorce cases. It happened to my brother. His wife got custody of the kids, was allowed to move out of state and collected a nice fat check each month.
So the new ray rice video. How is goodell gonna explain that. We all know he saw the video then handed down the pitiful suspension. Honestly think this could make goodell resign

Originally posted by footballxpaul:
So the new ray rice video. How is goodell gonna explain that. We all know he saw the video then handed down the pitiful suspension. Honestly think this could make goodell resign

by being goodell and denying it.
Share 49ersWebzone