LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 343 users in the forums

Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins traded to Tampa

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Bad news for our holdout guard, Mr. Boone. That's one less team that will be needing his services. And -- as the trade shows -- good guards don't draw top picks nor top dollar.

Dude needs to come back to earth and realize the 49ers gave him a shot. This is not how he should be repaying them for the chance he was given.

He should always have an open door to KC.. as he would upgrade every single OL spot except C.
Mankins is on the decline. Didn't he give up a good number of sacks last season?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
McCown is gonna have some protection now. Good for them!

I doubt it. Knowing the Patriots, Mankins is about to start looking like Chilo Rachal out there.

On an NFL board, all of the Pats fan said he has been living off his name the past few years. They said he gave up 11 sacks last year. Good in the run game but said horrible in pass pro especially on 3rd an long. So most will think a 4th/Wright for Mankins is a steal when Pats got the better end of the deal most likely. At 32 he's making 6-6.75 per the next 3 years. Side note how is the Nicks deal working out. 5 years 47.5 mil and will have like 4-6 mil per in dead money the next 3 years. Tampa is/has been trying to a buy a championship the past few years like the Dolphins have. Doesn't work especially when you don't know what you are doing.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Mankins is on the decline. Didn't he give up a good number of sacks last season?

According to PFF, he allowed 11 sacks last year including playoffs. That's pretty terrible for a guard. In comparison, Iupati allowed 4 last year, and Boone only allowed 2. Of course, New England throws the ball a lot more than we do and Brady is a sitting duck when pressured, but he still performed significantly worse in Pass Pro than other guards who played a similar amount of snaps. He's still a very effective run blocker.
Typical Patriots move. Reminds me of the Richard Seymour-Raiders trade a few years back. Trade a good, but declining, player to a desperate team while he still has some value.
I bet they were offering a 3rd for Boone.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
A 4th no wonder team won't trade boone

awesome niner fans in the boon thread saying at least a second rounder
Originally posted by RonMexico:
awesome niner fans in the boon thread saying at least a second rounder

Niners are as well. I've said we won't move him unless some delirious team gets crazy enough to offer at least a 2nd. It should not happen thus Bone will sit on reserve until he inevitably reports.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by cciowa:
so the pats need a tight end. guess whats his face is not ready??

gronk is fine. they're trying to get back to the double te stuff. wright is a hernandez type of te minus the ability to take handoffs out of backfield

But does he have any experience murdering?
Boone has double value as a tackle, which could be his better position.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Boone has double value as a tackle, which could be his better position.

This.

I still don't see us trading him unless it is a VERY good offer.

I'm glad Trent is doing our negotiating.
Share 49ersWebzone