LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 150 users in the forums

Roster cuts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by kush:
BW Webb, a 2013 4th rounder, was cut by the cowboys today.

Sounds like he was awful last year, but I recall a number of zone draftniks liking the kid

I liked him as a potential slot corner, Idaho was a big fan of his. I would not be upset to see him added to the practice squad. Wonder if him getting into a tussle with a Raiders fan who swung a helmet at his head didn't push things a little further in favor of cutting him.
Originally posted by jimrat:
We got to bring in Pryor

Didn't the 49ers show some interest in trading for him previously? That said I think because of Gabbert's guaranteed money, they likely won't be bringing in another QB but Pryor certainly would be intriguing.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
We got to bring in Pryor

Didn't the 49ers show some interest in trading for him previously? That said I think because of Gabbert's guaranteed money, they likely won't be bringing in another QB but Pryor certainly would be intriguing.

I just pray that Kaepernick doesn't get hurt and our season is in Blobbert's hands lol
I just pray that Kaepernick doesn't get hurt and our season is in Blobbert's hands lol

It doesn't matter who is there, if Kaepernick goes down, the 49ers are f**ked. This is why I really wish they could have drafted someone like Aaron Murray or Zach Mettenberger who has looked outstanding for the Titans, completing damn near 70% of his passes....and he was 6th round pick.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 29, 2014 at 6:42 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

It doesn't matter who is there, if Kaepernick goes down, the 49ers are f**ked. This is why I really wish they could have drafted someone like Aaron Murray or Zach Mettenberger who has looked outstanding for the Titans.

Or Garropolo who looked good in preseason and had a private workout with Harbaugh.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Guess he just hated Dallas:

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter

THIS JUST IN: Bills agree to one-year contract with Kyle Orton. (via @JamesWalkerNFL)
Ricky Stanzi please!!!![
Originally posted by Heisenberg:
Ricky Stanzi please!!!![

Pat Angerer, 2nd round pick for the Colts in 2010, was picked up then cut by the Falcons.

It doesn't matter who is there, if Kaepernick goes down, the 49ers are f**ked. This is why I really wish they could have drafted someone like Aaron Murray or Zach Mettenberger who has looked outstanding for the Titans.

Or Garropolo who looked good in preseason and had a private workout with Harbaugh.
seriousy! with all the damn picks we wasted in the late rounds you think we would of used one on a good potential QB backup. Cmon Baalke!!!

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
seriousy! with all the damn picks we wasted in the late rounds you think we would of used one on a good potential QB backup. Cmon Baalke!!!

Garoppolo was a 2nd round pick. Theres a few QBs who were drafted late who will be FA's if they want to add a project QB to the PS.
Cards just put Soap on ice, the third time he's been axed in less than a year.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Wow. Hanging on to Daniels then. I'd definitely like to bring him in.

Or they are only rolling with 2 quarterbacks.

Nope they're keeping Daniels from the way it sounds.
Looking at the names of the cuts so far (although many teams to go) from 75 to 53 shows me how much more our team is stacked than others. Mostly UDFA, not really more than a few sticking out as a tough cut.

Side note Wisconsin has had a long history of good tight ends (well at least in college). I thought Jacob Pedersen (cut by falcons) was an underrated guy. I wonder if he could beat out Derek Carrier. Not that we would pick him up, we aren't usually big on picking up cuts we stick with our own guys. Well, maybe #3 QB's is the exception to that list.

I see Jags cut S Craig Loston, I know he was a favorite of some on here. I thought he hit like a mack truck but seemed too slow and stiff to play S. Losing say 10 pounds and gaining some speed in the process would help him out. Would help with the stiffness too, you can always work on being more fluid and having quicker hips. Some times losing weight and muscle can help you in that area as well.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2014 at 12:09 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The #Jets are planning to waive WR Stephen Hill, source said. May still try to trade him, since it's before the deadline.
Share 49ersWebzone