LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Roster cuts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Chargers trim 11 players http://t.co/7reSiDDMnL
Originally posted by HERN:
Jets Released Jacoby Ford And Ras I Dowling

I remember people clamoring for Ras I a few years ago. Looks like he did well...
Originally posted by 5280High:
Chris Harper cut again...

Only thing he does consistently is drop passes. Should pack on some weight and try to be a TE/FB hybrid. I think that was the plan when we claimed him off waivers from Seattle. Only lasted on the roster for a few weeks.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Chris Harper cut again...

Only thing he does consistently is drop passes. Should pack on some weight and try to be a TE/FB hybrid. I think that was the plan when we claimed him off waivers from Seattle. Only lasted on the roster for a few weeks.

Agreed, its just another example for fans not to get too hung up on players. Him, BJ Daniels, etc.. yeah every now and again a player comes from nowhere to get cut and make an impact with another team, but 9 times out of 10 if not 99 out of 100... those players just get circulated around the NFL till they are out of the league.
[ Edited by 5280High on Aug 25, 2014 at 2:38 PM ]
Agreed, its just another example for fans not to get too hung up on players. Him, BJ Daniels, etc.. yeah every now and again a player comes from nowhere to get cut and make an impact with another team, but 9 times out of 10 if not 99 out of 100... those players just get circulated around the NFL till they are out of the league.

Yup, never a good sign when a player gets drafted in the 4th round and doesn't even make the roster his rookie season. If a guy can't play, just cut your losses and move on. Forget about the draft status.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Give me Jacoby Ford please......
#Packers waived Colt Lyerla with an injury settlement after all.
BW Webb, a 2013 4th rounder, was cut by the cowboys today.

Sounds like he was awful last year, but I recall a number of zone draftniks liking the kid
Originally posted by kush:
BW Webb, a 2013 4th rounder, was cut by the cowboys today.

Sounds like he was awful last year, but I recall a number of zone draftniks liking the kid

Played more like Mary than William?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Can't say it's a surprise, but the #Bengals have released RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis. Invested in that position the last 2 years.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

As @ProFootballTalk reported, Seahawks are releasing QB Terrelle Pryor.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

As @ProFootballTalk reported, Seahawks are releasing QB Terrelle Pryor.

Wow. Hanging on to Daniels then. I'd definitely like to bring him in.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
two guys that were webzone favorites in the draft a couple yrs back

I remember some people wanted to use as high as 3rd rounder on him.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Wow. Hanging on to Daniels then. I'd definitely like to bring him in.

Or they are only rolling with 2 quarterbacks.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
We got to bring in Pryor
Share 49ersWebzone