LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

NFL may ask SuperBowl halltime show artists to pay for that previledge.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Try should just have kick ass marching bands during halftime and a band during the game. I mean real badass shows by the band. Would be fun to also hear a band during the game like in college
They should probably have the players start playing for the right to play in the NFL too, just like parents who pay for their kids to play youth sports.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zachary:
if im asked to pay to perform there..then dont be surprised if i do something REALLY stupid during the performances...

terible idea

Yes, this was my thinking. If they are being paid, then there is the motivation to do well and earn your paycheck. If you are doing it for free, then the focus is what you get out of it whether it pleases the NFL or not. Janet Jackson times 10.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
It's only a matter of time before the superbowl can only be seen on PPV.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
It must be so hard for the NFL to handle all their money problems...
[ Edited by Antix on Aug 20, 2014 at 9:14 AM ]
Yeah, good luck with that. The only reason a band would pay to do that is for publicity/recognition. If they could afford to pay to be the halftime show, they don't need the publicity. If they need publicity, they won't be able to afford what the NFL would charge. Doesn't make any sense.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
they'll be forced to go back to marching bands, dance troupes, and frisbee dogs

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
They are going to make people pay to provide services?

Welcome to Goodellingrad.

Ya..wtf...

I hope he can't even get one single act to come out now, even if he pays them now.
Half times will become one huge commercial. Corporations will pay for the halftime to provide entertainment which will consist of some artist saying the name of said sponsor 10 times in their songs.

NFL will get away with this as long as people are willing to buy tickets despite the halftime show.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Aug 20, 2014 at 12:36 PM ]
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Yeah, good luck with that. The only reason a band would pay to do that is for publicity/recognition. If they could afford to pay to be the halftime show, they don't need the publicity. If they need publicity, they won't be able to afford what the NFL would charge. Doesn't make any sense.

No, companies will pay for the privilege of providing the entertainment...not the artist. NFL gets their money and halftime becomes an extremely long commercial

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
halftime shows are awful but the NFL just keeps getting even more greedier.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Does anybody even watch the halftime show? I use halftime to load up on food and beer, and check stats for the first half.

Who cares about watching Rihanna or Katie Perry during the biggest football game of the year?

Women. When the 49ers were playing Baltimore, there were like 100+ people at a viewing party and while most of the guys got up to get another drink, bathroom..etc, all the chicks were firmly glued to the tv's.
  • GREED
Originally posted by GoForGold:
They should probably have the players start playing for the right to play in the NFL too, just like parents who pay for their kids to play youth sports.

lol goodell would do that
Why would I pay to perform when I van just sit back relax and watch the game like everyone else? You pay me to work not the other way around! Rather use my bread to order some wings and some beer while I watch the game
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 20, 2014 at 1:44 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone