LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

All aboard the Connor Shaw Wagon

Shop 49ers game tickets
My guess Is the Browns are going to drop their best QB for Rex. Maybe try and put him on practice squad or something.

Connor could play a similar style to Kap and he has that no turn over approach that Harbs loves.

Couldn't be worse than that QB from Jax right ?
I'll take him. I bet we pick up a QB off waivers at some point, a la Scott Tolzien in 2011.
If he gets waived I'm all for him coming to the 9ers. Better than what we got
Seattle will drop BJ Daniels, problem solved
Originally posted by Shorteous:

Connor could play a similar style to Kap and he has that no turn over approach

I likes this... I likes this a lot!

17-0 at home career as a starter.
Senior year was 24 TD 1INT
I'm a Carolina Alum so I'm biased but I do think he'd be well suited to back up Kap.
[ Edited by Shorteous on Aug 19, 2014 at 11:45 AM ]
Is this serious? I can't tell
I've been driving the Connor Shaw bandwagon since last year. He & Tyler Bray were the only QBs I wanted the Niners to get in the last couple of years.

They couldn't be worse than You-Probably-Think-This-Song-Is-About-You.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Aug 19, 2014 at 12:16 PM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Is this serious? I can't tell

Serious! But I think we'd want him on the practice squad at first and not sure how that could be accomplished.
When is cut down day for final rosters?

Shaw will be in the practice squad at best.

Garoppolo or Mallet will be available from New England. M. Barkley from Philly.....

You also just have to look across the Bay for decent players....McGloin or Carr. K. Moore from Detroit? There are too many good experienced players out there to choose from in the next couple weeks to settle on a one week guy.
[ Edited by BigChorizo on Aug 20, 2014 at 4:38 PM ]
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BigChorizo:
Shaw will be in the practice squad at best.

Garoppolo or Mallet will be available from New England. M. Barkley from Philly.....

You also just have to look across the Bay for decent players....McGloin or Carr. K. Moore from Detroit? There are too many good experienced players out there to choose from in the next couple weeks to settle on a one week guy.

There's no way McGloin or Carr get cut.
I'm be really surprised if Shaub gets cut........it's probably be McGloin in Oakland who is gone. He'd be a decent backup somewhere.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
17-0 at home career as a starter.
Senior year was 24 TD 1INT
I'm a Carolina Alum so I'm biased but I do think he'd be well suited to back up Kap.

same here ;)

but i don't think he's gonna make a good NFL transition. doesn't really have a big arm, and he's speed is average at best for the NFL game. he's a bit like Manziel, with a better head on his shoulders.
Share 49ersWebzone