There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Question about A.J. Jenkins

Hi folks,
I'm fairly new to the forum, and just joined up when the Niner's picked Lattimore. I'm an SC grad and have been following Gamecock football since I can remember.

My question is about A.J. Jenkins as a WR. From what I've seen on this board, everyone said he was a bust as a first round pick. (Is he still on the team?)
Without going back 50 pages and trying to find a thread, why was Alshon Jeffery passed over by the 49'ers to go with Jenkins?

Thanks for any insight.

Hoping to see Ellington on the field as a returner and WR in certain situations. Also hope Marcus makes it on the field this year. Only time will tell.

Best wishes for the season!!
This isn't NinerTalk
Welcome to the Zone!

First of all AJ Jenkins is not on the team. He was traded last August for Jonathan Baldwin, who is also not on the team anymore. He was definitely a bust. He had speed, but struggled gaining separation against NFL CBs and also struggled catching the ball and fumbling the ball.

Only Baalke knows why we passed on Alshon Jeffery. I dont think many people (if any) knew what kind of player Jeffery would become, if they had all 32 teams would not of passed on him in the 1st round.
Oh and also brace yourself for all the 'Zone Vets' bashing your thread. Youll learn the way these forums work soon enough, if you stay with it.

This is the best forum for the 49ers, trust me, I have looked. But you gotta have thick skin at times.

Cheers
Balkee had his name in an envelope
Sorry, wrong thread. Mods, please feel free to delete. Thanks.
Originally posted by whirledps:

Without going back 50 pages and trying to find a thread, why was Alshon Jeffery passed over by the 49'ers to go with Jenkins?

Wow -- is this for real, or meant to incite?

Baalke and the 9er FO simply whiffed.

Mulligan.
Originally posted by whirledps:
Hi folks,
I'm fairly new to the forum, and just joined up when the Niner's picked Lattimore. I'm an SC grad and have been following Gamecock football since I can remember.

My question is about A.J. Jenkins as a WR. From what I've seen on this board, everyone said he was a bust as a first round pick. (Is he still on the team?)

Thanks for any insight.

Hoping to see Ellington on the field as a returner and WR in certain situations. Also hope Marcus makes it on the field this year. Only time will tell.

Best wishes for the season!!

I'm just wondering where you have been?
jefferys pic pre-draft with a bit of a beer belly probably didnt help him with many teams
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Oh and also brace yourself for all the 'Zone Vets' bashing your thread. Youll learn the way these forums work soon enough, if you stay with it.

This is the best forum for the 49ers, trust me, I have looked. But you gotta have thick skin at times.

Cheers

this post is full of win
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Cheers

[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 12, 2014 at 5:39 PM ]
AJ Jenkins was seen as a better route-runner who just needed to bulk up to continue his ultra-productive ways. Alshon Jeffry had weight issues and was seen as slower, and dropped into the 2nd.

The FO chose what they thought was a higher floor (and perhaps a lower ceiling), but as someone else said, they whiffed. Jenkins couldn't get separation, was manhandled by defenders, and never earned the confidence of his QBs or the coaches.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Hi, welcome....

AJJ was released and KC Chiefs thought they can turn him into a WR. He use to trip on his own feet and get tossed to the side when the wind blew, hence we had to let him go

Goodbye
Originally posted by sspiker:
AJ Jenkins was seen as a better route-runner who just needed to bulk up to continue his ultra-productive ways. Alshon Jeffry had weight issues and was seen as slower, and dropped into the 2nd.

The FO chose what they thought was a higher floor (and perhaps a lower ceiling), but as someone else said, they whiffed. Jenkins couldn't get separation, was manhandled by defenders, and never earned the confidence of his QBs or the coaches.

I think Jenkins got good separation when he could get free from the DB. But then he would fall or something.