LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

RB Glenn Winston

Shop 49ers game tickets
The dude made a mistake as a youngster and now we want to punish him for life. People change.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
The dude made a mistake as a youngster and now we want to punish him for life. People change.

If he breaks a couple of tackles and scores a touchdown or two in pre-season. Good chance his circumstances change. Man, so many new players to look at and see how they do.
Originally posted by Ninerz4Life:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
If we were willing to sign a character risk we should've just signed Chris Rainey... that guy was really impressive the only year he played and was a huge PR/KR threat as well. He looked like everything we hoped Lamichael James would be.

I agree I like Rainey as well mostly because he can return kicks. They must really see something in Ellington and Wylie. They must also believe James will be back by week 1 or before. I worry about James having a bad arm he has enough trouble holding onto the rock. I assume because they had a scout at Winston's pro day this year who spent some time with him after the workout is why they signed him instead. I wonder why they didn't sign him first over Smith?

I originally thought, why not sign Rainey? But he has had "recent team issues" and while what Glenn did at MSU was ridiculous, he has done his time for that...I want to know if the kid can play at all? His pro day showed he ran a 4.37 40 and his did kick returns at MSU, I'm guessing he will be brought in for return duties and will be cut at some point to make room for Latt
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
someone has to carry the ball a lot in training camp to rest our players. Good for him.

of course this is the truth and can not understand why people can not understand this
lattimore is a huge question mark
gire will not play till maybe four carries in the last game
james is not around
we do not want to burn out hyde
so that leaves hampton
that is why you sign this guy and smith last week. now some are moaning he has been in trouble but look what happened with brooks and cox since they been with us.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
someone has to carry the ball a lot in training camp to rest our players. Good for him.

of course this is the truth and can not understand why people can not understand this
lattimore is a huge question mark
gire will not play till maybe four carries in the last game
james is not around
we do not want to burn out hyde
so that leaves hampton
that is why you sign this guy and smith last week. now some are moaning he has been in trouble but look what happened with brooks and cox since they been with us.
Alphonso Smith as well.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

Sucker punching a guy and fracturing his skull is not a mistake, its an intentionally malicious act. He still got let back onto the Michigan State team, and then f**ked up again getting into another fight.

Its one thing to have bad judgment leading to a mistake, quite another thing to intentionally cause serious injury to someone. The reality is if he wasn't a college football player, he would have probably spent a lot more time in prison for what he did.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM ]
edit: double post
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I didn't see him against the ravens. Did he play?
Seen him on the sidelines #31 but don't think he played. I don't think Hampton, Smith or Winston have a prayer anyways as long as James comes back and Lattimore doesn't go to IR.
Why have they not played Winston at all. Hampton sucks and it doesn't matter if he can't pass block yet because our backup Qb's can't pass anyway.

Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Why have they not played Winston at all. Hampton sucks and it doesn't matter if he can't pass block yet because our backup Qb's can't pass anyway.

Must be really really behind in learning the system.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Everyone who comes in late is behind the eight ball but if he has shown enough, he'll probably occupy Jewel Hampton's spot on the practice squad. I think Hampton's time is up. Hasn't he reached the limit (3 years)?
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Aug 18, 2014 at 7:04 PM ]
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Well Jim coach him up ok!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Oh man, this guy is now in the mix. You can see the talent.
I don't wanna lose this guy now
Share 49ersWebzone