There are 216 users in the forums

RB Glenn Winston

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't get why people are upset.
We replaced somebody who can't play with someone who can and there are still people complaining?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by cciowa:
more proof that Lattimore isn't going to be ready....

i am sure he and smith were both brought only to get us through pre season. we do not want to burn out hyde esp if lattimore is not going to cut the mustard this year. if he is a problem child he is gone, pretty simple for me to see

we said the same thing once about a guy named Lawrence Phillips...
if you recall we also had a p***y for a coach who was more worried about being friends to the players and media then laying down the law. we do not have that now and if JH sent boldin to the locker room for fighting, this guy will have a pretty short leash. i am just glad they picked up a couple extra backs to lessen hydes load this pre season,, if he is what we think he is, and if lattimore can not play,,,, we do not need to burn out hyde in pre season
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I don't get why people are upset.
We replaced somebody who can't play with someone who can and there are still people complaining?

Yup. It would be different if Hunter still had years left on his deal. He would surely get claimed under those circumstances.

But he's a pending FA and coming off a serious injury. The chances he's claimed is slim, and even slimmer he signs an extension with another team. He will be a UFA in the off-season, and I think chances are good we bring him back on a 1-year, prove you're healthy, type of deal.

Meanwhile, this dude Winston has some talent but is an extreme headcase. Hopefully he's a little more mature now 5 years after those incidents. Might surprise in pre-season.

i am sure he and smith were both brought only to get us through pre season. we do not want to burn out hyde esp if lattimore is not going to cut the mustard this year. if he is a problem child he is gone, pretty simple for me to see

if you recall we also had a p***y for a coach who was more worried about being friends to the players and media then laying down the law. we do not have that now and if JH sent boldin to the locker room for fighting, this guy will have a pretty short leash. i am just glad they picked up a couple extra backs to lessen hydes load this pre season,, if he is what we think he is, and if lattimore can not play,,,, we do not need to burn out hyde in pre season

not even disagreeing with you CC, you're completely correct, it's a safe signing, nothing to lose, hopefully he can contribute...
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
If we were willing to sign a character risk we should've just signed Chris Rainey... that guy was really impressive the only year he played and was a huge PR/KR threat as well. He looked like everything we hoped Lamichael James would be.

I agree I like Rainey as well mostly because he can return kicks. They must really see something in Ellington and Wylie. They must also believe James will be back by week 1 or before. I worry about James having a bad arm he has enough trouble holding onto the rock. I assume because they had a scout at Winston's pro day this year who spent some time with him after the workout is why they signed him instead. I wonder why they didn't sign him first over Smith?
[ Edited by Ninerz4Life on Aug 4, 2014 at 7:14 PM ]
Looks like Aldons lawyer will have another client
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Looks like Aldons lawyer will have another client

Baalke has him on retainer....
I don't care if anyone's complain about Winston cuz they dislike him?.. well.. doesn't matter if we can sign undraft or any. If he is luck for us when he can talent to run for successful then lucky for us. If he run over 1,500 yards this year then pay him alot moneys if he need more moneys then show us the wins and chamionship.
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Aug 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 48s
49ers signed RB Glenn Winston to 3-year deal. To make room on roster, SF has waived/injured RB Kendall Hunter. Gamble.

I wonder if ANY of it is guaranteed?

I would be surprised if much of it was.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
I wonder if ANY of it is guaranteed?

I would be surprised if much of it was.

I'd be surprised if he got any guaranteed money. If he did, it can't be more than a few thousand bucks.

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Are you kidding me?

This dude is a punk, we have enough off-field drama on this team and don't need some training camp fodder guy with baggage adding to it

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2009/08/msu_hockey_player_aj_sturges_r.html

Our team has had enough off the field drama. Based on that story, this guy sounds like a piece of s**t. We shouldn't be signing camp bodies who have off the field issues.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerz4Life:
Some of just like to complain. How many of you are really 49ers fans??? What are you going to do when we win the Super Bowl??? Complain about how we won or that we didn't win by enough. If he was going to get into trouble it would have been when no team drafted him. He stuck with it and now he's getting a chance to show if he can play. The man has had a tough life a lot of it self inflicted when he was younger. He's persevered so good for him let's see what he can do he will definitely get some reps. If he can't do it he will be cut. Good for him though for sticking with it through adversity a good story if he makes it.

We should have had 66-10 score when we played Denver in the superbowl. Matt Millen got soft!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I think you are right, while it may be that he's just a training camp RB, I think Lattimore is not anywhere ready for the regular season yet, sad to say. That's probably the other half of the reason why they signed him.
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by Ninerz4Life:
Excuse me some of YOU just like to complain.

No we want a solid player without any criminal baggage

I will gladly take a Marshawn Lynch, criminal baggage and all thank you! So long as he can stay out of trouble enough to hit the field and produce I will take him right now. I want number 6!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Yup. It would be different if Hunter still had years left on his deal. He would surely get claimed under those circumstances.

But he's a pending FA and coming off a serious injury. The chances he's claimed is slim, and even slimmer he signs an extension with another team. He will be a UFA in the off-season, and I think chances are good we bring him back on a 1-year, prove you're healthy, type of deal.

Meanwhile, this dude Winston has some talent but is an extreme headcase. Hopefully he's a little more mature now 5 years after those incidents. Might surprise in pre-season.

If he makes the team there's always the upside possibility that he pulls off a cleat and stabs one of the Seahawks with it.
Share 49ersWebzone