There are 228 users in the forums

RB Glenn Winston

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-49ers-sign-rookie-running-back

SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers are expected to sign former Michigan State running back Glenn Winston to fill out the team's 90-man roster, according to a source.

Winston, who is listed at 6 foot 2, 225 pounds, rushed for 717 yards and nine touchdowns in eight games last season at Northwood University, an NCAA Division II school in Michigan. Winston worked out for the 49ers on Monday.

Winston was dismissed by the Spartans in November 2009 following two physical assaults in less than a year. He was sentenced to six months in jail in March 2010. He earlier served four months in jail in 2009 for a prior conviction.

Winston was not selected in the draft. A scout from the 49ers spent 45 minutes with him after his pro day workout, the Detroit Free Press reported.

The 49ers waived/injured Kendall Hunter to make room on the team's roster for Winston.
[ Edited by luv49rs on Aug 4, 2014 at 4:59 PM ]
Originally posted by luv49rs:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-49ers-sign-rookie-running-back

SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers are expected to sign former Michigan State running back Glenn Winston to fill out the team's 90-man roster, according to a source.

Winston, who is listed at 6 foot 2, 225 pounds, rushed for 717 yards and nine touchdowns in eight games last season at Northwood University, an NCAA Division II school in Michigan. Winston worked out for the 49ers on Monday.

Winston was dismissed by the Spartans in November 2009 following two physical assaults in less than a year. He was sentenced to six months in jail in March 2010. He earlier served four months in jail in 2009 for a prior conviction.

Winston was not selected in the draft. A scout from the 49ers spent 45 minutes with him after his pro day workout, the Detroit Free Press reported.

The 49ers waived/injured Kendall Hunter to make room on the team's roster for Winston.

Don't know too much about the new guy but I feel terrible for Hunter. Hopefully he heals up fast and comes back strong.

Thanks for all you did for us buddy.

champions**t!

DAMN IT MONSTER
Originally posted by RonMexico:
DAMN IT MONSTER

hey man, i typed in Glenn Winston Highlights, its the first and pretty much only thing that popped up
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
hey man, i typed in Glenn Winston Highlights, its the first and pretty much only thing that popped up

Just really shows s**tty blocking by the o-line and a good quick first step by Graham. Would have killed most any back with a play like that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
Don't know too much about the new guy but I feel terrible for Hunter. Hopefully he heals up fast and comes back strong.

Thanks for all you did for us buddy.

hunter will most likely end up with us again. this guy we signed is for depth in pre season so we do not wear out hyde. another sign they are taking their time with lattimore

dude is bad ass, will make the team and play on sundays
Looks like P Willys baby brother
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Keep him away from aldon.
Originally posted by verb1der:

thats f**ked up dude, Willys bro is dead
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by verb1der:

thats f**ked up dude, Willys bro is dead