There are 46 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

David Wilson forced to retire

Wow, I thought the man just had a neck burner?
Apparently he is calling it quits

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11307830/new-york-giants-shut-injured-rb-david-wilson

"David has diffuse cervical stenosis. He had a disk removed and a fusion in January," team physician Russell Warren said in a statement. "In light of last week's episode of symptoms, sensory and motor, [Dr.] Frank [Camissa Jr., who performed Wilson's surgery] and I both told David he should not play football anymore.

"We let David know that by playing, he would be putting himself at risk for more episodes like last week or perhaps something more serious."

[ Edited by Quest4six on Aug 4, 2014 at 2:05 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
A misleading thread title. He didn't quit he had to retire do to injury.
Originally posted by Jcool:
A misleading thread title. He didn't quit he had to retire do to injury.

Lol there really isn't a difference between quitting and retiring but ok.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Dumb thread title is dumb
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Poor title choice. There is a difference between being forced to retire and quitting.
Changed the thread title, everyone relax the world isn't going to end
  • sfout
  • Veteran
While this was a freak injury it seems as if we would've been doomed in 2012 no matter how the draft played out.

Can't recall the 2nd most wanted 1st round selection but it I think it was Stephen Hill who is on his way to being a J. Baldwin 2.0

I think everybody wanted David Wilson, possibly myself included I can't recall though, and now he is out of football with a freak neck injury.
Damn that sucks :(
bummer
Thank God it wasn't worse.

Best of luck to you sir, have a great life.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
This guy looked like a beast coming out of college, but fumble problems and then injuries. Hope he'll fully recover and live a healthy life.
Just watched his "farewell" speech. Very cool, humble guy. I hope he does something great with his life.

The older I get, the less that I'm inspired by accomplishments and accolades. The human spirit, refusal to quit, and constant focus on the positive in life are what I find inspiring. I know very little about David Wilson, now retired RB from the NY Giants. He's 23 years old, and will never play football again due to repeated injuries to his neck. He has every reason to be crushed, and hide from the media. Instead he put on a suit, shed a tear or two, and shared a message for anyone and everyone willing to listen. I hope he does great things with his life.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Just watched his "farewell" speech. Very cool, humble guy. I hope he does something great with his life.

The older I get, the less that I'm inspired by accomplishments and accolades. The human spirit, refusal to quit, and constant focus on the positive in life are what I find inspiring. I know very little about David Wilson, now retired RB from the NY Giants. He's 23 years old, and will never play football again due to repeated injuries to his neck. He has every reason to be crushed, and hide from the media. Instead he put on a suit, shed a tear or two, and shared a message for anyone and everyone willing to listen. I hope he does great things with his life.

Originally posted by Furlow:

Awesome speech. Wow. The maturity shown from Wilson and also the Baylor basketball player Isaiah Austin is truly inspiring. When one dream slams shut, you have to get up and dream again. There's always a new path or chapter in life ahead.
Great speech.