There are 192 users in the forums

Andy Dalton signs 6 year 115 million dollar contract

Shop 49ers game tickets
IMO, the only thing worse than paying him this money, is not paying him it. They really had no choice
Florio can't help but take a jab at the Niners-

"The contract shows that the Kaepernick structure is taking root. That won't change until a franchise quarterback hits the market, a franchise quarterback signs a deal in lieu of going year-to-year under the franchise tag, or the Seahawks opt to give Russell Wilson a more favorable structure if only to highlight that Seattle treats its core players more fairly than the 49ers do."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/04/dalton-gets-17-million-now-22-million-through-early-march/
It seems like a lot of people don't understand contracts in the NFL. This is a decent deal which is in line with Kaep, Cutler, Romo deals. I personally think Dalton is a pretty decent QB who hasn't put it all together in the playoffs.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Who were they going to get on short notice that was better than the ginger? Bungals have the longest postseason win drought in the NFL and obviously they think he can improve enough to get that elusive postseason victory.

*No way in hell I'm giving him $115 million though, lol

He won't see much of that contract. Remember when the Skins signed McNabb to that massive contract then got rid of him the next year? Dalton is not getting anything close to $115M. Fair deal.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
average qb got paid.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Florio can't help but take a jab at the Niners-

"The contract shows that the Kaepernick structure is taking root. That won't change until a franchise quarterback hits the market, a franchise quarterback signs a deal in lieu of going year-to-year under the franchise tag, or the Seahawks opt to give Russell Wilson a more favorable structure if only to highlight that Seattle treats its core players more fairly than the 49ers do."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/04/dalton-gets-17-million-now-22-million-through-early-march/

God Florio is an idiot, we need to ban him and PFT from the zone (wasn't there a thread for that?)

Some interesting stats I have pulled up on here,
I find if funny that the Bengals offered him a very similar contract to what Kaep has, what has he done to earn that deal?

Kaep's last 29 games (post season NOT included)
Averaged a completion percentage of 60.4%
He has thrown 11 interceptions
Had an average QBR of 70.4 (which really means nothing)
Averages about 8 yards per completion
Has accounted for (rushing included) 6000 yards and 40 tds

Dalton's last two seasons (post season not included)
Averaged a completion percentage of 62.1%
Has thrown 36 interceptions
Had an average QBR of 52.3 (again, pretty much means nothing)
Averaged about 7.1 yards per completion
Has accounted for (rushing included) 8265 yards and 66 tds

The other thing that surprised me was how much more Dalton threw than Kaep
Kaep, over the past 2 seasons has thrown the ball 634 times whereas Dalton has thrown it 1114 times

If we take averages, and compare the two, the season average would look something like this
(I did this by averaging TDs, INTs, and YPC over the past 2 seasons)

Kaep-
Averages a TD every 12 completions
Averages a INT per 57 attempts
Averages 13 yards per completion

Dalton
Averages a TD per every 11.6 completions
Avergaes an INT per every 30 attempts
Averages 11.5 yards per completion

Last year Dalton's season looked like this

Games Comp. Attemps Comp % Yards Avg TD Longest INT Fumbles N/A N/A

If we took Kaep's averages, and matched it with how many times Dalton passed last year, it would look like this (just passing)

Dalton/Kaep
586 attempts translates to 363 completions (61.9%)/586 attempts translates to 351 completions (60.4)
4293 yards/4563 yards
33 tds/30 tds
20 ints/6 ints

Thats not even including the rushing stats, total amounts would look like this (total)
Dalton/Kaep
4446 yards/5500 yards
35 tds/34 tds

I thought Dalton was supposed to be a good regular season QB?
I know this is mostly estimates, but according to Colin's averages he is a way better QB than Dalton.
Bengals effed up.

Post-season coming on next post
[ Edited by Quest4six on Aug 4, 2014 at 1:46 PM ]
Originally posted by WeDidIt:
It seems like a lot of people don't understand contracts in the NFL. This is a decent deal which is in line with Kaep, Cutler, Romo deals. I personally think Dalton is a pretty decent QB who hasn't put it all together in the playoffs.

I can as soon as details emerge, It maybe a 1yr deals in a row. Like Kap's deal is. I haven't seen word on more terms besides the $22M in Early March.

And Florio is annoying as hell. I hate going on record to say things about him, but the guy comes off douche like.

His thing about Seattle cares more about their players then we do is bs, all teams that have good FOs care. Kap's deal is a team friendly deal because XAM Sports(His agent) and Kap wanted it that way. Florio, and other idiots like to twist the words, and such. I stay far away from ESPN.com, PFT, and even NFL.com. I feel I have a better handle on 49ers football than anyone from those 3 sites/networks.
NFL Network reporting 6 year 96 million deal
Good move for him, but he has to prove himself in playoffs or he will be replaced soon
Originally posted by susweel:
average qb got paid.
Kinda like Flacco, although I think Flacco is better than Dalton.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by susweel:
average qb got paid.
Kinda like Flacco, although I think Flacco is better than Dalton.

yah at least flacco can throw it a bit, dalton is a noodle arm.
The Green Rifle
  • dj43
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Kap's deal is a team friendly deal because XAM Sports(His agent) and Kap wanted it that way.
I think the 49ers wanted it that way as well.

If I understand the Dalton deal, they essentially gave him the franchise tag for this coming season. Beyond that, if he does not get over the hump, they can dump him.

Cincy has a very good team around him now and if they stay healthy, there is no reason they should not go pretty deep in the playoffs….if Dalton performs. OTOH, if he has another mediocre year, they can move on from him without it costing a lot. There were times last year that the Bengals won in spite of Dalton rather than because of him. That will have to change or he is gone, and the contract seems to allow for that to happen.

Kaepernick's deal appears to have that same scenario in so far as he has to start winning games with his arm as well as his legs.
This is why they're the Bengals. Dumbest contract in NFL history! I'm not exaggerating.

At least if you give a ton of money to a QB who doesn't even belong in the league, you can quickly get around to replacing him (Jamarcus Russell). If you sign a mediocre-to-slightly-worse-than-mediocre QB to a long-term contract, you're pretty much guaranteed a 1st-round playoff exit or worse until the contract is up. The worst thing you can possibly have is a guy who's JUST good enough to not win a Super Bowl.

Andy Dalton will never, ever, ever win a Super Bowl. I'm pretty sure when he was born, God himself touched him and said, "This ginger can do anything he wants in life except win a Super Bowl."
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Aug 4, 2014 at 6:27 PM ]
Thats their guy and thats the goin rate I guess. Romo f**ked it up for everybody to me.

If Bungle fans wanna talk s**t, tell ginger get ya playoff weight up. Bounced out in your first playoff game, AT HOME, how many times?? At what 11-5?? GTFOH. We not even gon talk bout Kap's road playoff performances.

Kap>>> ginger all day n it aint close. 0 f**ks givin bout his yds to all those weapons in the regular season. Give Kap AJ n lets see what happens.
Share 49ersWebzone