LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Andy Dalton signs 6 year 115 million dollar contract

Shop 49ers game tickets
Didn't he say he'd be willing to accept a contract structured like Kap's? Let's see the details.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Didn't he say he'd be willing to accept a contract structured like Kap's? Let's see the details.

I read somewhere that they are similar.
Rotoworld: "While it looks like a ton of money on paper, this is certainly going to be a pay-as-you-go deal like the 49ers handed Colin Kaepernick earlier in the offseason. A very small portion of the deal will actually be fully guaranteed, and Dalton is going to have to earn his salary with his play."
Originally posted by crake49:
Rotoworld: "While it looks like a ton of money on paper, this is certainly going to be a pay-as-you-go deal like the 49ers handed Colin Kaepernick earlier in the offseason. A very small portion of the deal will actually be fully guaranteed, and Dalton is going to have to earn his salary with his play."

Paraag revolutionized the QB contract game
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Sure it may be a little too much, but if they really feel like he's their guy, is it really that awful?

Salary cap is going to increase, QB contracts are only going to get bigger. Dalton has a lot of room to improve. He threw 6 INT's in the redzone last year. If he fixes that small problem, he can go from a middle-of-the-pack QB to an above average one. And we don't even know the contract details yet

I am not so sure that this is a case where they feel he is definitely their franchise guy. It is not like FA offered any upgrades to them, and the QB's available in this draft class were unlikely to provide a day 1 upgrade and drafting a QB (higher than they did) comes with the possible risk of busting (that's if they even valued the guys who went in the first 2 or 3 rounds at or around those same spots where they ended up going). AD is a good QB but he is far from great. If you let him walk or even test the market someone will almost assuredly offer him an inflated deal. If they lose him then they are back to square one, so what choice did they really have here ?

All in all though I hear you.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Aug 4, 2014 at 9:44 AM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran

My condolences to Bengals fans.
good for Dalton....Not sure why Bengals fans need condolence's .. They been to the play offs with the guy and more successful than they have been over the last 20 years previously. Why would fans be mad at that? pay the man qb's money is going through the roof all across the league.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Paraag revolutionized the QB contract game

Agents around the league be like:

• dald1
  • Veteran
hahahahhahahahahahahahhahah
Who were they going to get on short notice that was better than the ginger? Bungals have the longest postseason win drought in the NFL and obviously they think he can improve enough to get that elusive postseason victory.

*No way in hell I'm giving him $115 million though, lol

What's with this "no soul" thing?

Oh, okay, I get it now.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Actual base value of Andy Dalton extension is six years, $96 million, per league source. Escalators can push it higher. Full story coming.
f**king Christ! Dalton is worth about half of his contract.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
well i'm sure alot of Bungle fans LOL'd at our Kaep extension...

Well let them LOL at 4-2 playoffs 3-1 road!
I bet this thread spurs a Bengals troll

God that was a bad move on the Bengals, they could have backed out of a bad situation and instead they solidified it.
Bengals just took the Cowboys role with Dalton as the new Romo
Share 49ersWebzone