LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Most hated team in each state and continent

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
how the f**k are the ravens the most hated in europe? s**t makes no sense

Right that was my immediate thought????? . Maybe alot of 49ers fans reside in the UK and the super loss against the ravens led to the hatred for Baltimore ... This poll does no appear legit either way
Well, this explains a lot
My theory is that the teams most hated in certain continents are also the most liked. For example, the casual fan who doesn't know much from another continent will only know of the popular teams. 49ers are popular in Mexico, the UK, etc. Those fans who don't really know other teams will naturally dislike the 49ers because it's the only team they really know who they can 'hate'.
[ Edited by phatbutskinny on Aug 3, 2014 at 3:26 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

the best is hated

nuff said
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by corona55569:

Right that was my immediate thought????? . Maybe alot of 49ers fans reside in the UK and the super loss against the ravens led to the hatred for Baltimore ... This poll does no appear legit either way

They're still fuming over Rice elevator ride... had wagers at sports books that Rice would get at least 4 game suspension (errryone bet over 3 1/2 games)
Originally posted by 49erphan:
Cute graphics, but a Reddit poll? Please. Here's an actual scientific poll:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/01/poll_cowboys_arent_americas_team_but_are_countrys_least-favorite_team.html

The Cowboys finished tops as American's least favorite team with 23%, well ahead the second-most hated team in the U.S.: the Chicago Bears (13%) followed by the New England Patriots (9%), Denver Broncos (8%), Pittsburgh Steelers and Giants (5%).

makes more sense, the niners have fans EVERYWHERE. we are one of the most popular teams on the planet in any sport, theres no way we are the most hated
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/01/poll_cowboys_arent_americas_team_but_are_countrys_least-favorite_team.html

The Cowboys finished tops as American's least favorite team with 23%, well ahead the second-most hated team in the U.S.: the Chicago Bears (13%) followed by the New England Patriots (9%), Denver Broncos (8%), Pittsburgh Steelers and Giants (5%).

makes more sense, the niners have fans EVERYWHERE. we are one of the most popular teams on the planet in any sport, theres no way we are the most hated

True, but being the most popular easily equates to being the most hated as well. It's a battle of 2 extremes

People LOVE or HATE Lebron
People LOVE or HATE Kobe

On the other hand, a decent random player like Josh McRoberts or a team like the Buccaneers won't be the most hated, but they will nowhere near popular as well.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

True, but being the most popular easily equates to being the most hated as well. It's a battle of 2 extremes

People LOVE or HATE Lebron
People LOVE or HATE Kobe

On the other hand, a decent random player like Josh McRoberts or a team like the Buccaneers won't be the most hated, but they will nowhere near popular as well.
i think we have fans everywhere tho. ive been to a few different countries and Ive seen more niners jerseys than anyone elses as far as football teams go and we sell out other peoples stadiums sometimes lol. niners planted their seeds across the country in the 80s and 90s and those people spread out. im still willing to bet more people love the niners than hate them. they probably hate us in the pacific northwest, texas and maybe new york but other than that I think were pretty lovable lol. we won with class for so many years and had all the best players that even the most casual fan would recognize.
Originally posted by corona55569:

yeah i read that and thought "wtf"? kinda devalues the whole thing

this poll makes way more sense, that reddit poll was all over the place

Yeah but the Cowboys and Raiders also have huge national fan bases and are very much hated as well. I think the only NFL team with a national fan base that comes to mind that isn't really hated (outside of their divisional rivals) are the Packers. I won't even pretend like the Hawks have anything close to a national fan base.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Aug 3, 2014 at 8:51 PM ]
#1 jersey seller + this:

Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was apparently the least-known signal caller surveyed as 60% of those interviewed responded "not sure" when asked about his favorability.

= BANDWAGON
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I'm sure theres a large portion of Cali that hates the Broncos given the Raiders and Chargers play in the same division against the Broncos now

you're forgetting that nobody gives a s**t about the raiders or the chargers
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I'm sure theres a large portion of Cali that hates the Broncos given the Raiders and Chargers play in the same division against the Broncos now

you're forgetting that nobody gives a s**t about the raiders or the chargers

+ they've ALWAYS played in the "same division" since the AFL days(1960's) ...ur seahawk bandwagon/shallow football history knowledge is showing!
Share 49ersWebzone