There are 233 users in the forums

Cowboys LT Tyron Smith: 8-year, $98M

Shop 49ers game tickets
Jerry jones is Palpatine/Darth Sidious
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

I don't know.... Sidious had a cohesive, long-term plan.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Darth Hideous (after all the facelifts)

Dallas also sent all their season ticket holders playoff tickets in anticipation that they'll be there
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Dallas also sent all their season ticket holders playoff tickets in anticipation that they'll be there

I was just about to post this haha. ESPN did them no favors by blowing it out of proportion, but you live by ESPN's hype, you die by ESPN's hype.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by crake49:
That's Jerry - he does things his way! It's pretty much the opposite of the way Baalke does things.

Cowboys LT 8 years $98M. 49ers LT 6 years $43.2M.
Will be interesting to see the details of the deal.

A 7 year age difference also plays a factor in both players overall worth.

Originally posted by btthepunk:
He's no better than Staley.

He's every bit as good, allowed fewer sacks (though did give up just about twice as many hurries) while having almost 200 more pass blocking snaps. At 23 years old he is already a premiere tackle with the ability to still get even better.

Anyone thinking this is a case of Jerry gonna Jerry aren't looking at the whole picture and are simply looking at the cover and judging it through their red and gold colored glasses. He also seemingly pulled one over on Dan Snyder, who has his own LT (Trent Williams) who after this season will be looking for a new deal himself and with every passing year the market inflates meaning he knows Snyder will have to pony up more dough than he did to secure RG3's blindside protector long term.
Tyron Smith is the only good move Dallas has made in a long time. That dude's a bad man, and he's worth every cent of that contract.

Doug Free, on the other hand sucks, so Brooks should have a nice day week 1. Lemonier has his work cut out for him against Tyron, but I think he's up to the task. Lemonier's a stud too!
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Aug 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone