LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Cowboys LT Tyron Smith: 8-year, $98M

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The #Cowboys and LT Tyron Smith have reached an agreement in principle on an 8-year, $98M deal, source says. Wow.

#Cowboys have star LT Tyron Smith under contract for the next 10 years for a total of $109M, per source. Second deal for 2011 1st rounders
[ Edited by Jcool on Jul 30, 2014 at 11:04 AM ]
still only 23 and getting better. I like this deal
They still need a QB and a defense.
  • JoRo
  • Veteran
Man, I should have been a pro-bowl LT.
That's Jerry - he does things his way! It's pretty much the opposite of the way Baalke does things.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
That's Jerry - he does things his way! It's pretty much the opposite of the way Baalke does things.

Cowboys LT 8 years $98M. 49ers LT 6 years $43.2M.
Will be interesting to see the details of the deal.
[ Edited by DeUh on Jul 30, 2014 at 1:39 PM ]

How is that opposite of the way Baalke does things, he does things his way just the same and doesn't sway from his principles. That contract extension is f***ing insane Jerry Jones has to be a mental retard.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for ProfessorKel.
Originally posted by JoRo:

Why stop there? I should've been a prowbowl QB who played major league baseball in my downtime. What was I thinking?
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Why stop there? I should've been a prowbowl QB who played major league baseball in my downtime. What was I thinking?

i wish i was peyton mannings backup
R.I.P. Tony Romo week 1 anyways.

Originally posted by ninerjok:

How is that opposite of the way Baalke does things, he does things his way just the same and doesn't sway from his principles. That contract extension is f***ing insane Jerry Jones has to be a mental retard.

You said it yourself. They're pretty much opposite in approach. Baalke is a sane person and Jones is an insane person.
Nice deal for Smith
Originally posted by Zachary:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

i wish i was peyton mannings backup

I wish I was 49ers practice squad. Get a Super Bowl ring this year and make 750,000 to get smacked throughout the week by my favorite defense for one season?? I'm in.
If he is a top tackle, it is not that bad of a deal. They have him for the next 10 years at 109 million. The longer the deal, the better for the team.
Share 49ersWebzone