LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Patrick Peterson: 5 year extension for $70M with $48M Guaranteed

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
he likes being crabtree's b***h, sherman likes being johnsons b***h and EVERYONE is Boldin's b***h.

This
he likes being crabtree's b***h, sherman likes being johnsons b***h and EVERYONE is Boldin's b***h.

I like Boldins play, but didn't he get shut down week 2 by Sherman coming off his huge game against the packers?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by zaghawk:

I like Boldins play, but didn't he get shut down week 2 by Sherman coming off his huge game against the packers?

tbph the Packers have no secondary
Originally posted by boast:

True. I think if anything my statement was more to boast Sherman's ability to cover 1 on 1 vs a side, because if I remember correctly Boldin was coming off his huge game and Sherman specifically asked to cover Boldin 1 on 1 week 2 (it also helped that Niner's WR core was injured), but either way I think Sherman did do a pretty damn good job that game covering Boldin. 1 Reception, 7 yards, 4 Targets vs 13 Receptions, 208 YDs, 1 TD, 17 Targets. Just a good argument for those who think Sherman can't cover an individual player.

True. I think if anything my statement was more to boast Sherman's ability to cover 1 on 1 vs a side, because if I remember correctly Boldin was coming off his huge game and Sherman specifically asked to cover Boldin 1 on 1 week 2 (it also helped that Niner's WR core was injured), but either way I think Sherman did do a pretty damn good job that game covering Boldin. 1 Reception, 7 yards, 4 Targets vs 13 Receptions, 208 YDs, 1 TD, 17 Targets. Just a good argument for those who think Sherman can't cover an individual player.

Yea hawks did contain passing attack week 2 when KW and maroon Moore were the second and third WR options.
And your coach made it a point to call out Boldin in the post game interview.
When was the last time you've seen a coach call out a single player on the opposing team for a performance? Keeping it classy

He's perfect for covering Boldin. Boldin's even slower than he is and Sherman's tough enough and big enough to go up with Boldin and fight for the ball. Stevie Johnson or Bruce Ellington? We'll see. I seem to recall that Crabtree gave him a little trouble when Crabtree was actually at 100% health. In fact, I think that might be one reason why he has such a hard spot for Crabtree. He's getting a lot of mileage out of being able to stay with Crabtree when Crabs isn't totally healthy. Karma can be a real b***ch. We'll see if it plays out this season.
Hell yea Arizona is going to be f**ked
He should give some of that money back after he gets owned by Crabtree.
Originally posted by crake49:

He's perfect for covering Boldin. Boldin's even slower than he is and Sherman's tough enough and big enough to go up with Boldin and fight for the ball. Stevie Johnson or Bruce Ellington? We'll see. I seem to recall that Crabtree gave him a little trouble when Crabtree was actually at 100% health. In fact, I think that might be one reason why he has such a hard spot for Crabtree. He's getting a lot of mileage out of being able to stay with Crabtree when Crabs isn't totally healthy. Karma can be a real b***ch. We'll see if it plays out this season.
Sherman's game which is hold on tight and win be being bigger is definitely going to be play well against guys who depend on strength and route running to get open. When you see him struggle, which isnt often under how the refs are currently calling his game, it is when he is lined up across from a real burner and he doesnt get that hand on them out of the gate. He has marginal recovery speed and doesn't adjust to recievers well out of the back pedal. If the rules as called last year stay intact he is truely elite, but if thing move back towards calling illegal contact downfield then IMHO he will struggle to be a top ten CB in the league. I dont think Peterson is a perfect corner either, he has a lot of work to do yet to even be consistantly elite, but his game isnt nearly as reliant on the methods of defense his team currently employs.
Originally posted by Since07:

It isnt like they are a bad team...but man what the hell they are acting like they kicked the crap out of us and the Hawks last year when they went 1 for 3 and it could be argued the win up in seattle was pretty flukey. I just dont get the ego. Come from a humble place, put in the work and do it on the field, telling the world how great you are and that you beat everybody up, cause your a big bad bully is a joke.

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by Since07:

It isnt like they are a bad team...but man what the hell they are acting like they kicked the crap out of us and the Hawks last year when they went 1 for 3 and it could be argued the win up in seattle was pretty flukey. I just dont get the ego. Come from a humble place, put in the work and do it on the field, telling the world how great you are and that you beat everybody up, cause your a big bad bully is a joke.

I wouldn't sleep on them. The Cards ended 2013 hot like the 2012 Hawks. Assuming the Rams continue to develop their new talent in 2014, 2015 could be a big year for them.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Sherman's game which is hold on tight and win be being bigger is definitely going to be play well against guys who depend on strength and route running to get open. When you see him struggle, which isnt often under how the refs are currently calling his game, it is when he is lined up across from a real burner and he doesnt get that hand on them out of the gate. He has marginal recovery speed and doesn't adjust to recievers well out of the back pedal. If the rules as called last year stay intact he is truely elite, but if thing move back towards calling illegal contact downfield then IMHO he will struggle to be a top ten CB in the league. I dont think Peterson is a perfect corner either, he has a lot of work to do yet to even be consistantly elite, but his game isnt nearly as reliant on the methods of defense his team currently employs.

I keep expecting teams to take advantage of that issue. Maybe this is the year he is exposed.
Peterson is better then sherman on and off the field and in every way

And he hasn't been busted for using PEDs so his skill is legitamate instead of manufactured in a lab.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jul 30, 2014 at 1:24 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He good but not that good.

How did Boldin do against Sherman at Candlestick? If I remember correctly, he made catches over Sherman with flags n all.
Share 49ersWebzone