LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Oakland Raiders owner in talks with San Antonio to relocate NFL team

Shop 49ers game tickets
Oakland Raiders owner in talks with San Antonio to relocate NFL team

SAN ANTONIO - Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis and two top lieutenants met recently with several San Antonio officials to discuss the potential of moving his NFL team from the Bay Area to the Alamo City, local leaders involved in the talks confirmed Tuesday.

On the weekend of July 18, Davis met with the officials, including Henry Cisneros, then-Mayor Julián Castro, City Manager Sheryl Sculley, Mario Hernandez of the San Antonio Economic Development Foundation, and both Richard Perez and David McGee, the president and chairman of the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, respectively.

Late Tuesday, after the Express-News published a version of this story on its websites, Sculley issued a memo to the City Council.

"I was asked to meet two weeks ago with the owner of the Oakland Raiders, Mark Davis, and members of his staff. Mr. Davis has expressed interest in a possible relocation of his NFL team to San Antonio and we are engaged in preliminary due diligence," she wrote. "The agenda for this visit included a tour of the Alamodome and meetings with local business leaders."

Oakland better not f'around.
Raiders and Spurs colors do match!
2 teams in Texas is enough.
Originally posted by JustinMT:

nah we need 3...
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Good, this will free up a better game to watch when we aren't playing.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
But seriously though even though I find most Raiders fans annoying, I wouldn't wish for their team to be ripped from them.
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Florida agrees.
Marc Davis went full Maloof... The young Davis sounds like an idiot. He should move to LA though
[ Edited by sacniner on Jul 29, 2014 at 4:17 PM ]
Team execs just wanting free food and beers.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Team execs just wanting free food and beers.

It is Taco Tuesday after all.
It makes sense as Texas is football crazy and would fork up the dough the Raiders want.
Raiders suck, but they belong in California. Hope they stay in Oakland or move to LA.
Just a matter of time before Las Vegas gets a team as well.
Yes Yes leave the bay!!!!! I Love the idea

Share 49ersWebzone