LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 201 users in the forums

Breakout / Surprise team 2014?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Breakout / Surprise team 2014?

I'm looking fwd to seeing the BUF offense. If Manuel can continue to grow, that is going to be a very dynamic offense.
EJ sucks.... I voeted for the Dolphins
The Browns will be the surprise team.
Only surprise for Cleveland will be mopping up the bottom again. Houston is my surprise team , a Bona fide 10-4 team last yr until their Qb went into the krapper. Single handedly he lost it all for them. Loss of confidence is a weird thing, but that was HOU last yr. They play to their 10-4 this yr.
San diego for sure. Something about that team just feels so under the radar.. Rivers is getting back in the groove and i think they will be a decent team next year.
the criteria should be you cant be a playoff team from last year and you cant be a team who had a down year out of nowhere but have been a steady playoff team for 2-3 years before that a la atlanta and houston. anyone can pick a team who had a down year via injuries, and anyone can pick a playoff team from last year who bowed out early and say i think they'll go further.
Originally posted by denali22:
San diego for sure. Something about that team just feels so under the radar.. Rivers is getting back in the groove and i think they will be a decent team next year.

If a team made playoffs last year, would that even be considered surprise breakout? Heck if the Redskins did good this season but everyone knows RG3 was coming off of injury (and drama) last season, is that even considered a surprise breakout?
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by denali22:

If a team made playoffs last year, would that even be considered surprise breakout? Heck if the Redskins did good this season but everyone knows RG3 was coming off of injury (and drama) last season, is that even considered a surprise breakout?

samething with houston and atlanta. go off the grid predict the chiefs of 2013, the niners of 2011 the eagles of 2013 etc
Bills. They have a great defense, and their offense is becoming pretty stout
I would go with the Lions (who should be on this poll) or Bucs. Chargers & Eagles shouldn't be included, both playoff teams last year. Giants with 2 SB wins last 6 years should also be omitted cuz they just sucked last year which wouldn't make them 2014 surprise team, just a bounceback team.

Originally posted by ninerjok:
I would go with the Lions (who should be on this poll) or Bucs. Chargers & Eagles shouldn't be included, both playoff teams last year. Giants with 2 SB wins last 6 years should also be omitted cuz they just sucked last year which wouldn't make them 2014 surprise team, just a bounceback team.

If that's true then the Texans are just a bounce back team and the Lions or Bucs should be favored....and I agree!
Agree on eagles and the Cards will be VERY improved. They still have problems w/their OLine and it will haunt them.
If the Cards weren't in the NFCW I'd pick them. So I'm going with the Bills.
The Bucs should be one team to watch this season.
I expect the Jags to be a playoff team in 2015/2016 latest, then we'll all be wishing we had poolside cabanas too lol.
Share 49ersWebzone