LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 446 users in the forums

Breakout / Surprise team 2014?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Breakout / Surprise team 2014?

I only listed teams that were not in the play-offs or were legit contenders to make the play offs last season.

My vote is for Philly - they have weapons and their QB Foles had an amazing year. If they improve, they could dominate.
No love for the Rams?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I only listed teams that were not in the play-offs or were legit contenders to make the play offs last season.

My vote is for Philly - they have weapons and their QB Foles had an amazing year. If they improve, they could dominate.

Lol surprise team that made the pro bowl last year.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by HearstFan:

Lol surprise team that made the pro bowl last year.
probowl or Play offs

Eagel hosted a playoff game last year, lost to the Saints
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
probowl or Play offs

Eagel hosted a playoff game last year, lost to the Saints

Lol yah I meant playoffs.
The eagles were that team last year lol
yeah playoff teams from pervious season dount count in my opinion.
I was gonna go Arizona, but then went Cardinals.

Maybe the Rams.
I'd pick the Rams if they weren't in the NFCW. I'll go with the Bills instead. That would be more of a surprise than a breakout.

• thl408
So far HOU is ahead in the poll. I agree. That team that is better than their record indicated but had piss poor QBing the year prior. Their division isn't strong and now they get a soft schedule due to sucking last year. They also play the NFC East which is soft, and Fitzpatrick can bring steady, unspectacular play at QB.
Originally posted by thl408:
So far HOU is ahead in the poll. I agree. That team that is better than their record indicated but had piss poor QBing the year prior. Their division isn't strong and now they get a soft schedule due to sucking last year. They also play the NFC East which is soft, and Fitzpatrick can bring steady, unspectacular play at QB.

Losing Kubiak will probably kill their running game though. Foster is a product of their zone blocking. He's not going to put up the numbers he did in the past. I think they'll be mediocre and a fringe .500 team.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I was gonna go Arizona, but then went Cardinals.

I agree. Arizona
  • thl408
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by thl408:

Losing Kubiak will probably kill their running game though. Foster is a product of their zone blocking. He's not going to put up the numbers he did in the past. I think they'll be mediocre and a fringe .500 team.

O'Brien utilizes a combination power and zone blocking scheme. At least that's what was done in NE when he was there. If he forces HOU to go full power run scheme, he will be disappointed. So I don't see O'Brien doing a full 180 with regards to the run blocking scheme. Fitzgerald is average on a good day, but that is still better than how Shaub played.

So based on that and their soft schedule, I think they are the surprise team. At this point in the year, your guess is as good (bad) as mine.
I think the Titans may surprise some teams.. If Locker can stay healthy, he has the weapons around him to put some wins on the board.
Share 49ersWebzone