There are 262 users in the forums

Jaworski's QB List 2014

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
RW is a completely different kind of QB than CK. He escapes to pass, CK runs when pass is not an early option. Both guys are really good young QBs so not sure anyone should take issue with them.

I don't take issue with him, i take issue with a guy that says "see i'm right, Wilson won a SB before Kap because he's smarter" when hes actually wrong because that has nothing to do with why Seattle won.
[ Edited by WilliamDonovan on Jul 24, 2014 at 5:27 PM ]
RW is a completely different kind of QB than CK. He escapes to pass, CK runs when pass is not an early option. Both guys are really good young QBs so not sure anyone should take issue with them.

I only take issue when people use revisionist history to make it seem like Wilson was completely flawless, when in fact he wasn't. People do this not to praise Wilson, but to belittle Kap. They completely disregard the totality of the game and only focus on Wilson's highlights and Kap's lowlights.

The truth is both QBs made their share of big plays and mistakes. The difference was one team had a running game, and their defense was a little stingier. That's it. It had nothing to do with Wilson being a demi-god.
Originally posted by WilliamDonovan:
I don't take issue with him, i take issue with a guy that says "see i'm right, Wilson won a SB before Kap because he's smarter" when hes actually wrong because that has nothing to do with why Seattle won.

What you say is true, but ultimately I was still correct. Whether it was just a lucky guess or whatever, I remember Wilson on tv doing analysis, and he was probably the smartest guy in the room. But seriously, to think Wilson had nothing to do with why Seattle are champions is ridiculous. All Im implying is when Colin's brain catches up to his physical ability, he will be unstoppable. Russell has probably already peaked, f**k Russell Wilson anyways, I believe Colin can win more than 1 eventually.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Jul 24, 2014 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I only take issue when people use revisionist history to make it seem like Wilson was completely flawless, when in fact he wasn't. People do this not to praise Wilson, but to belittle Kap. They completely disregard the totality of the game and only focus on Wilson's highlights and Kap's lowlights.

The truth is both QBs made their share of big plays and mistakes. The difference was one team had a running game, and their defense was a little stingier. That's it. It had nothing to do with Wilson being a demi-god.

I think the turnovers were a bigger part of it than you. The two teams are evenly matched, the games will usually be close. If the decisions were a little better on those throws and fumble, maybe we win, there's no gaurantee either way. I do know if you turn the ball over that many times in the 2nd half if a close game, you will probably lose.

Understood! I'm critical of both when the need arises. I'm not being critical of criticism...there is plenty to go around. Neither QB is a finished product yet so they will both get better and better!
Originally posted by T-9ers:

I think the turnovers were a bigger part of it than you. The two teams are evenly matched, the games will usually be close. If the decisions were a little better on those throws and fumble, maybe we win, there's no gaurantee either way. I do know if you turn the ball over that many times in the 2nd half if a close game, you will probably lose.

No, I agree. The turnovers were huge. 3 of them in the 4th quarter is inexcusable.

I'm just reacting to you previous post when you said Wilson didn't turn the ball over. That's just blatantly false. He turned it over TWICE. One on the first play of the game, and one at the goalline in the 4th quarter. His butterfingers fumble at the goalline was one of the most pathetic, anti-clutch turnovers I've ever seen.

So again, I understand he made plays to help win the game. But let's not pretend he is miles ahead of Kap, because he's not. He has plenty of imperfections of his own and they showed up during the playoffs. His defense performed at one of the highest levels anyone has ever seen during the post-season. That's a fact, and it is THE reason why they won the SB. If Kap gets a similar defensive performance in either playoff run, he's a 2-time SB champion.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 24, 2014 at 6:01 PM ]
What you say is true, but ultimately I was still correct. Whether it was just a lucky guess or whatever, I remember Wilson on tv doing analysis, and he was probably the smartest guy in the room. But seriously, to think Wilson had nothing to do with why Seattle are champions is ridiculous. All Im implying is when Colin's brain catches up to his physical ability, he will be unstoppable. Russell has probably already peaked, f**k Russell Wilson anyways, I believe Colin can win more than 1 eventually.

2 words,
Wonderlic test

RW 27
CK 38
Originally posted by Quest4six:

2 words,
Wonderlic test

RW 27
CK 38

More words:

P Manning: 28
E Manning: 39
T Brady: 33
A Smith: 40
G McElroy: 48
M Lynch: 14
F Gore: 6
P McInally: 50 (perfect score)
B Gabbert: 42
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jul 24, 2014 at 6:18 PM ]
No, I agree. The turnovers were huge. 3 of them in the 4th quarter is inexcusable.

I'm just reacting to you previous post when you said Wilson didn't turn the ball over. That's just blatantly false. He turned it over TWICE. One on the first play of the game, and one at the goalline in the 4th quarter. His butterfingers fumble at the goalline was one of the most pathetic, anti-clutch turnovers I've ever seen.

So again, I understand he made plays to help win the game. But let's not pretend he is miles ahead of Kap, because he's not. He has plenty of imperfections of his own and they showed up during the playoffs. His defense performed at one of the highest levels anyone has ever seen during the post-season. That's a fact, and it is THE reason why they won the SB. If Kap gets a similar defensive performance in either playoff run, he's a 2-time SB champion.

He's not better than Kap at all, i just think Colin would benefit from more experience. You got to remember Montana and Young have both come out and said he had to learn to make better throws from the pocket. What do think about that, you think they just said that stuff because thy dont like him?
Originally posted by WilliamDonovan:

You actually just fell for his act. That's all it is. An act. He's not that bright really.

More words:

P Manning: 28
E Manning: 39
T Brady: 33
A Smith: 40
G McElroy: 48
M Lynch: 14
F Gore: 6

Yes the wunderlick, this and Colin's gpa was higher which means absolutely nothing.
I'm also assuming that reads are being attributed to QB intelligence (thats what your posts are playing on)

Lets look at some key facts lots of people are forgetting this year

Russel Wilson's Weapons-
1. Golden Taint (63 rec, 98 targets)
2. Doug Baldwin (50, 73)
3. Zach Miller (33, 56)
4. Jermaine Kearse (22, 38)
5. Luke Willson (20, 28)

Colin Kaepernick's weapons-
1. Anquan Boldin (85 rec, 130 targets)
2. Vernon Davis (52, 84)
3. Bruce Miller (25, 35)
4. Kyle Williams (12, 27)
5. Vance McDonald (8, 19)

The third most targeted player for CK is our FB. What read do you think Bruce is? 3-4th?
Don't fall for the Trent Dilfer media BS, CK can make reads, in fact that was one of his strengths that I enjoyed watching at Nevada.
When you have as many weapons as Wilson did last year, its easy to show how "intelligent" you are by making reads. Especially if that offense lines up in 3 WR sets way more than CK's team does. When Crabs went down Roman went super conservative and took the ball out of Kaep's hands (at least thats what I felt).
It was annoying to watch opposing defenses double up on Boldin, man cover Vernon, then watch CK try and pass the ball when those were his only two options (probably why Miller has so many receptions).

Also, does somebody care to pull up some team stats to show how often we lined up in a 3 wr set as compared to seattle? Having trouble finding that info.
[ Edited by Quest4six on Jul 24, 2014 at 6:25 PM ]
He's not better than Kap at all, i just think Colin would benefit from more experience. You got to remember Montana and Young have both come out and said he had to learn to make better throws from the pocket. What do think about that, you think they just said that stuff because thy dont like him?

Of course, I agree with you there. Kap is still pretty raw and needs more experience and development. That's the exciting thing. He's going to improve tremendously the next few years, and he's already one of the better QBs as is.
I'm also assuming that reads are being attributed to QB intelligence (thats what your posts are playing on)

Russel Wilson's Weapons-
2. Doug Baldwin (50, 73)
3. Zach Miller (33, 56)
5. Luke Willson (20, 28)

2. Vernon Davis (52, 84)
3. Bruce Miller (25, 35)

The third most targeted player for CK is our FB. What read do you think Bruce is? 3-4th?
Don't fall for the Trent Dilfer media BS, CK can make reads, in fact that was one of his strengths that I enjoyed watching at Nevada.
When you have as many weapons as Wilson did last year, its easy to show how "intelligent" you are by making reads. Especially if that offense lines up in 3 WR sets way more than CK's team does. When Crabs went down Roman went super conservative and took the ball out of Kaep's hands (at least thats what I felt).
It was annoying to watch opposing defenses double up on Boldin, man cover Vernon, then watch CK try and pass the ball when those were his only two options (probably why Miller has so many receptions).

Also, does somebody care to pull up some team stats to show how often we lined up in a 3 wr set as compared to seattle? Having trouble finding that info.

That's a valid point, but i more thinking about the tipped pass by Sherman and interception.
They sucked him into that read. His first read by the way.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Jul 24, 2014 at 6:46 PM ]

Russel Wilson's Weapons-
2. Doug Baldwin (50, 73)
3. Zach Miller (33, 56)
5. Luke Willson (20, 28)

2. Vernon Davis (52, 84)
3. Bruce Miller (25, 35)

Great post. I think the 49ers top playmakers are better, but the Seahawks had more depth and superior pass concepts last year.

One thing the Seahawks do that is very smart is frequently line up in 3 WR sets, grouping most of the receiving options to one side of the field. This made things infinitely easier on Wilson. He's a young QB that gets tunnel vision just like every other young QB. The difference is the Seahawks schemed it so he often only has half-field reads. I wish the 49ers did this more often with Kap.
Share 49ersWebzone