LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 165 users in the forums

Jimmy Graham 4-year, $40 million

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Saints are signing TE Jimmy Graham to a 4-year, $40 million deal that includes $21 million guaranteed, per source familiar with deal.
"I'm Jimmy"
less guaranteed loot than vernon got 4 years ago
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
that's it!?!

lol
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:

Davis signed a 5 year deal, Graham's is for 4.
Now.. VD needs to get his a$$ to work.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Davis signed a 5 year deal, Graham's is for 4.

yeah i know. i dont think it means anything in the nfl. its about the guaranteed loot. you can have a 4 yr deal with 30 mill guaranteed or a 6 year deal with 20 mil guaranteed.
According to bobby Wagner he should of asked for a new contract before playing the cawks.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
According to bobby Wagner he should of asked for a new contract before playing the cawks.

I just got done watching the interview. Technically Stephen Smith said that all first, then Bobby Wagner agreed with him because he was having a good time and feeling confident (as any member of a SB winning team should feel). I think people are taking these words out of context, watch the interview, it's a player having fun with analysts. Everyone here is reading it like he went on the Richard Sherman WWE-esque "I'm daa bestest everrr" rant.

That also being said, Jimmy did pretty much disappear in both games vs the Hawks. It's not like he had 100 yard 2 TD games on them. Hell look at the play at 9:00 if he had a stronger Tight End's mentality, he would have continued running forward, but he actually did start running away from Kam and hell even turned backwards into 3 other defenders in the process. Didn't believe it until I saw it. Anyway i actually get to meet Bobby tomorrow for a small event at work, pretty psyched for it. Everytime I've met him, he's seemed like a real down to earth guy, hell you even if you watch it, you can tell in this interview, he's still a humble guy and people are taking his words a little too seriously. It would be like if your bud said "Hey You're the best!!" and you jokingly responded "Yeah I'm the best". Then everyone went around screaming "Oh my God, he said he thought he was the best, what a cocky asshat".
[ Edited by zaghawk on Jul 16, 2014 at 9:38 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
$40 million deal, $21 million guaranteed for a dude that plays scared. Look at it. He is s**tting his pants when he sees Kam Chancellor. Literally running away from him. Lost for words.

Originally posted by DeUh:
$40 million deal, $21 million guaranteed for a dude that plays scared. Look at it. He is s**tting his pants when he sees Kam Chancellor. Literally running away from him. Lost for words.

I guess sometimes we forget that just because your big doesn't mean your tough.

Not sure if you ever watched MMA before the UFC took it all over. There was a fighter named Bobb Sapp who was like 350 lbs of muscle and 6'7 or something like that. Anyway, anytime he fought some tiny Japanese guy he just owned them. Then the second he fought some other guys who were either almost as big, or just confident enough in their skills to stand up to him. The second he got hit, he crumpled. Almost like big dudes are so used to being intimidating, they've never had to take hits in their lives, and the second they do finally get hit hard, it's completely new territory for them.

Not sure if you ever watched MMA before the UFC took it all over. There was a fighter named Bobb Sapp who was like 350 lbs of muscle and 6'7 or something like that. Anyway, anytime he fought some tiny Japanese guy he just owned them. Then the second he fought some other guys who were either almost as big, or just confident enough in their skills to stand up to him. The second he got hit, he crumpled. Almost like big dudes are so used to being intimidating, they've never had to take hits in their lives, and the second they do finally get hit hard, it's completely new territory for them.

4:00 He's easily got 80 lbs of muscle on crocop, and after a good punch drops not because he got KO'd because his ego got hit so hard, I think he started crying.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Jul 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zaghawk:

4:00 He's easily got 80 lbs of muscle on crocop, and after a good punch drops not because he got KO'd because his ego got hit so hard, I think he started crying.

Nice post !

So true.

There was a fighter named Bobb Sapp who was like 350 lbs of muscle.....

Yes I was a big Pride fan !
Was just about to post that vid. Everytime someone mentions Bob Sapp I must think of this.

bob sapp former 3rd round pick in the 1997 nfl draft of the chicago bears
I just got done watching the interview. Technically Stephen Smith said that all first, then Bobby Wagner agreed with him because he was having a good time and feeling confident (as any member of a SB winning team should feel). I think people are taking these words out of context, watch the interview, it's a player having fun with analysts. Everyone here is reading it like he went on the Richard Sherman WWE-esque "I'm daa bestest everrr" rant.

That also being said, Jimmy did pretty much disappear in both games vs the Hawks. It's not like he had 100 yard 2 TD games on them. Hell look at the play at 9:00 if he had a stronger Tight End's mentality, he would have continued running forward, but he actually did start running away from Kam and hell even turned backwards into 3 other defenders in the process. Didn't believe it until I saw it. Anyway i actually get to meet Bobby tomorrow for a small event at work, pretty psyched for it. Everytime I've met him, he's seemed like a real down to earth guy, hell you even if you watch it, you can tell in this interview, he's still a humble guy and people are taking his words a little too seriously. It would be like if your bud said "Hey You're the best!!" and you jokingly responded "Yeah I'm the best". Then everyone went around screaming "Oh my God, he said he thought he was the best, what a cocky asshat".

Nice spin job cawk fan
Share 49ersWebzone