There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is NFL game rewind worth it?

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Get an HD antenna and you can watch all the games on local stations.

What if you don't live in the Bay Area?
I have paid for Rewind the last 3-4 seasons. It was more worth it before we got good and started being on National TV so much.

It's still worth it if you can live with a stream in real time, and watch the condensed replays the next day.

When the alternative is $300 for the Sunday Ticket stream.
your best bet is to find someone who gets the NFL ST, and buy their log in information for the to-go portion of their subscription. That's what I do. You don't really need it for niner games that much since we get so much airtime now, but it's nice to have just in case.
Originally posted by crabman82:
buck up and get some cable. sure you could get this but if you cant watch it live whats the point? you gonna have to tune out your friends, not read texts, be off the phone etc. if you dont mind watching a game while already knowing the outcome then yeah i guess its ok, but i'm not the type who can do that, it takes away the intrigue. if cable is an issue for whatever reason just go to the local sports bar on a weekly basis.

I don't own the house. Just renting. Plus I'm moving in a couple months (maybe 4 months) because this house sucks so I figure it's not worth getting cable until I get into a new place.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
your best bet is to find someone who gets the NFL ST, and buy their log in information for the to-go portion of their subscription. That's what I do. You don't really need it for niner games that much since we get so much airtime now, but it's nice to have just in case.

This would be a great idea. Now I have to find someone that has it!
I just got an ad from Directv that says when you sign up for their service, NFL Sunday Ticket is free. For $24.99 a month you can get that plus ESPN, NFL Network, Monday Night games on the local channels etc. I think there is a 2 year agreement but who could stop loving the 49ers within 2 years? Plus take it with you when you move. I live in Missouri and I wouldn't be without it.
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/directv-tv-deals-gm?om_rid=ABHsco&om_mid=_BTrhOWB8641ZBD&om_u=ABHsco&om_i=_BTrhOWB8641ZBD&cmp=emc-respros-gen-test-en-touch5-lgcy
[ Edited by Sourball on Jul 2, 2014 at 5:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Sourball:
I just got an ad from Directv that says when you sign up for their service, NFL Sunday Ticket is free. For $24.99 a month you can get that plus ESPN, NFL Network, Monday Night games on the local channels etc. I think there is a 2 year agreement but who could stop loving the 49ers within 2 years? Plus take it with you when you move. I live in Missouri and I wouldn't be without it.
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/directv-tv-deals-gm?om_rid=ABHsco&om_mid=_BTrhOWB8641ZBD&om_u=ABHsco&om_i=_BTrhOWB8641ZBD&cmp=emc-respros-gen-test-en-touch5-lgcy

Interesting. I'll have to look into it. Thanks.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Get an HD antenna and you can watch all the games on local stations.

What if you don't live in the Bay Area?

Then NFL Rewind is worth it. I would probably get both.
I had Sunday Ticket and Game Rewind at the same time.

Both are great if you are a football fan beyond just being a Niner fan.

The price is low enough not to be a big deal (game rewind).
I just got NFL rewind last week cause I was jonesing for football so much. So far it's awesome. Being able to watch the condensed version of games is great because you see every play, and they cut out the filler. What's the issue with streaming? Your internet cuts out all the time, or you talking about the actual streams cutting out?
I use the janky, spyware-ridden streaming sites, then torrent the games afterwards.
At least, the games we win. No interested in reviewing the games we lost.
Originally posted by Disp:
I just got NFL rewind last week cause I was jonesing for football so much. So far it's awesome. Being able to watch the condensed version of games is great because you see every play, and they cut out the filler. What's the issue with streaming? Your internet cuts out all the time, or you talking about the actual streams cutting out?

I got a Fiber optic connection, so I think it's the site I visit. I recently tried to watch the World Cup on it and it cut out constantly. I'm trying to find better streaming sites.
I might do it for 30 days and cancel. There are a few games from last year I would like to see. I completely missed the TB game, so I need to watch that.
So I did decide to get Game Rewind and so far I love it! Still have to figure out what to do during the regular season. I was thinking of that one posters idea of getting an HD Antenna.