There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rating NFL franchise likability

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2014/06/24/power-rankings-rating-the-likability-of-every-nfl-franchise

Here is the blurb about the niners and the hawks.

28. San Francisco 49ers – Having to hear about the glory days of Joe Montana and Steve Young would become tiresome after a while, but not as much as trying to happily cheer for Colin Kaepernick, Jim Harbaugh and Aldon Smith.

21. Seattle Seahawks – Frontrunners probably would like rooting for the Seahawks, but that's about it. They have a brash coach who left a mess in his wake at USC, a trash-talking cornerback and an overrated QB. But they do win, so that's cool.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2014/06/24/power-rankings-rating-the-likability-of-every-nfl-franchise

28. San Francisco 49ers – Having to hear about the glory days of Joe Montana and Steve Young would become tiresome after a while, but not as much as trying to happily cheer for Colin Kaepernick, Jim Harbaugh and Aldon Smith.

21. Seattle Seahawks – Frontrunners probably would like rooting for the Seahawks, but that's about it. They have a brash coach who left a mess in his wake at USC, a trash-talking cornerback and an overrated QB. But they do win, so that's cool.

I guess the author of this is trying to be funny, but he fails utterly...
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

lol this is pretty much what each others fan bases say about each other....haha

i'd rather be hated for rooting for my guys and our history then be hated for being a bang-wagoner....lol
Well that list really has no rhyme or reason to it. I'm gonna have to put it at the bottom of my list of "lists"

Seriously though, do we really need a list for everything. Man, you know it has to be June and camp is still a month away.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jun 25, 2014 at 6:59 PM ]
#28? Everyone always hatin' on us.
A journo with too much time and too little imagination.
How are the Steelers and the Cowboys likeable especially the Cowboys? Jerry Jones and the rest of that franchise is a joke and has been for almost 20 years.
10. Oakland Raiders " It may be a difficult group to understand, but it's hard not to be envious of those who root for the Silver and Black. Everyone wants to belong to a group that is so passionate and loyal; Raiders fans have each other's backs.

Because they all went to prison together?
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jun 26, 2014 at 12:53 AM ]
He said She said list.
Anyone who doesn't rate Dallas as #32 doesn't know what he's talking about. Sure they have a lot of fans, but they make all the rest furious like no other team can.
[ Edited by paulk205 on Jun 26, 2014 at 5:00 AM ]
Originally posted by T-9ers:
#28? Everyone always hatin' on us.

Back in the day there were web pages dedicated to hating on us. They called our team the San Francisco Fortywhiners. And us fans were known as the Whiners. Lame. I know.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
10. Oakland Raiders " It may be a difficult group to understand, but it's hard not to be envious of those who root for the Silver and Black. Everyone wants to belong to a group that is so passionate and loyal; Raiders fans have each other's backs.

Because they all went to prison together?

And if you're in prison and have someone's back, that's a whole different story there...
Can we not frame EVERYTHING with a Niners/Seahawks comparison? You're not helping.
Hated by everybody...LOVE IT !!
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Can we not frame EVERYTHING with a Niners/Seahawks comparison? You're not helping.

To be honest. I was surprised to the Niners so low on that list. Given their storied history and national fanbase for such a long time.