There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Mike Florio and Pro Football Talk be banned from the Webzone newsfeed?

Should Mike Florio and Pro Football Talk be banned from the Webzone newsfeed?

we are in the age of TMZ and blog postings counting as "news"

oh and f**k mike florio
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jun 27, 2014 at 2:12 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Maulbert:
You really want to be that kid who sticks his fingers in his ears and says 'NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU'? Besides, if the niners win the Super Bowl, wouldn't you want to take pleasure in the backpedaling of all the doubters?

Its called holding a journalist accountable for his b******t. This is one of the ways we, as niner fans, can do it.

And this doesn't concern you so your opinion is moot.

I agree with Young on this one. Its like Chadiha. Dude talks s**t about every team. Some of these writer's have a total bias opinion and never get checked by their editors. Some of these people are worse than youtube comments. These journalists are worse than trolls. I understand the idea of Op Ed, but Florio likes to bash and insult. Not to mention he tends to skew the facts A LOT!!
i dont really ever click on florios links but the ones i do click on are about trades, signings, injuries, stuff thats concrete and already happened. i dont pay attention to his spitballing.
Look if you can leave off Chris Biderman and Niners Nation you can

Leave these clowns off:
  • Cohn's
  • Florio

Replace with:
  • Chris Biderman
  • Niners Nation
  • Bleacher Report

Kawakami I'm on the fence.

They are all trying to be Lowell Cohn. He made a living off of attacking Joe Montana. I dumped the Chron back then....
[ Edited by OldJoe on Jun 27, 2014 at 2:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by theduke85:
The biggest misconception is that Florio trolls the 49ers. He trolls everybody. That's his shtick. And that said, when the Kaepernick contract details came out, he was very apologetic towards the 49ers, hyped up the deal big time as a huge win for the organization, etc... I guess what I'm saying is, if you think he only writes negative things about the 49ers, you're viewing his site through a filter.

That said, I think Pro Football Talk has about as much credibility as TMZ. He just writes stuff to rile people up. I don't think it's a reputable news source.

It's not a misconception at all. He was single-handedly pushing the Harbaugh-Baalke tension angle until it became national news. An absolute hatchet job. He took any possible opportunity to snipe at Harbaugh during the regular season, showing a personal dislike for him. Note that Florio almost never targets PED Carroll or the Seahawks. This past season, his focus was almost singularly on the 49ers and Harbaugh.

This. Florio is the one who started circulating the Harbaugh to Texas and Harbaugh to the Browns crap. Neither story would even exist were it not for PFT. Then when Harbaugh and everyone north of him on the totem pole went on record saying Florio was wrong, he kept beating the drum and called them liars. Florio does troll every team, but his 49ers trolling is next level and has become pretty irritating since story after story comes up as a bag of lies to stir up controversy.

He pushes his own negative agenda against the team and the stories get reported on NFL network and ESPN citing him as the source.
[ Edited by Disp on Jun 27, 2014 at 3:57 PM ]
The "aye"'s have spoken.Mods do it noooooooaaaaaawwwww!!!
The mods don't do this. This is Webbie's site. If you have a problem along these lines pm him.
I can't stand Florio, but I vote no because I don't believe pseudo censorship
Originally posted by Janitor:
I can't stand Florio, but I vote no because I don't believe pseudo censorship

I don't think it's censorship. The question should be, is Florio posting news articles, or is he posting inflammatory opinion pieces? If he isn't posting news, then he shouldn't be in a "news" feed. I don't know either way since I personally avoid his 'articles'.
Originally posted by Disp:
This. Florio is the one who started circulating the Harbaugh to Texas and Harbaugh to the Browns crap. Neither story would even exist were it not for PFT. Then when Harbaugh and everyone north of him on the totem pole went on record saying Florio was wrong, he kept beating the drum and called them liars. Florio does troll every team, but his 49ers trolling is next level and has become pretty irritating since story after story comes up as a bag of lies to stir up controversy.

He pushes his own negative agenda against the team and the stories get reported on NFL network and ESPN citing him as the source.

I'll still never forget when espn had Kawakami on as the "insider" confirming florio report of tension between Trent and jim. When I seen who was circulating the stories I wasn't too worried anymore. The whole "non homer" role is just as bad a straight up homer because both are pushing flawed agendas.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jun 28, 2014 at 3:40 PM ]
  • DeUh
Originally posted by Niners816:
espn had Kawakami on as the "insider" confirming florio report of tension between Trent and jim.

Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by Niners816:
espn had Kawakami on as the "insider" confirming florio report of tension between Trent and jim.

Rotf!!
I saw an article by Florio today titled "Has Russell Wilson proven he can carry a team?" I couldn't help but look to see if he was held to the same standard as Kap.

The answer is no, he is not held to the same standard. In fact, Florio even stated his stats aren't good but he would never question RW's ability lol.
I recommend banning any articles from the Cohn clowns first. If I see an article from Press Democrat, I don't even bother to click on it no matter how "sensationalized" the title's of the news articles are.
[ Edited by kronik on Jun 29, 2014 at 8:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yes.

Duly noted. I'll be sure to check in with you each time I wish to speak, dad.... I mean ass.