LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Should Mike Florio and Pro Football Talk be banned from the Webzone newsfeed?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should Mike Florio and Pro Football Talk be banned from the Webzone newsfeed?

He's a tool, but no. To do that would be kinda like cyber book burning to a degree.
I feel dirty inside when I accidentally click a pft link.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Over the past year, Mike Florio has consistently written articles to troll Niners fans. The most egregious articles he wrote were a couple months back when he tried to stir up trouble by saying that Jim Harbaugh was entertaining offers to leave the team and that there was tension between Harbaugh and Baalke.

In my opinion, Florio has nothing to contribute to the Webzone's newsfeed aside from trying to provoke and antagonize Niners fans. I wanted to put this vote out to the Webzone and hope the moderators take heed of the public sentiment.

Yes! It is time the webzone dishes out what it is getting. The Seahawks ban for life anyone who says anything negative about their team.

Florio is a 49er hater and I for one am tired of seeing his stories here. Webzone is helping Florio's circulation and I see no reason to keep doing so. If Florio was a genuine journalist I would not say this. But he is simply a yellow journalist, meaning he has a preset agenda and therefore his opinions are worthless.
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Over the past year, Mike Florio has consistently written articles to troll Niners fans. The most egregious articles he wrote were a couple months back when he tried to stir up trouble by saying that Jim Harbaugh was entertaining offers to leave the team and that there was tension between Harbaugh and Baalke.

In my opinion, Florio has nothing to contribute to the Webzone's newsfeed aside from trying to provoke and antagonize Niners fans. I wanted to put this vote out to the Webzone and hope the moderators take heed of the public sentiment.

Yes! It is time the webzone dishes out what it is getting. The Seahawks ban for life anyone who says anything negative about their team.

Florio is a 49er hater and I for one am tired of seeing his stories here. Webzone is helping Florio's circulation and I see no reason to keep doing so. If Florio was a genuine journalist I would not say this. But he is simply a yellow journalist, meaning he has a preset agenda and therefore his opinions are worthless.

Good post.
Originally posted by Niners816:
I voted yes, but honestly I just don't pay attention to his stories anymore. I treat stories by Tim Kawakami and grant Cohn in the same matter.

This.
Originally posted by Existence:
Originally posted by Maulbert:
...when the niners win the Super Bowl, wouldn't you want to take pleasure in the backpedaling of all the doubters?

Fixed for ya...

People like Florio will print what's wrong with the 49ers when they win the Super Bowl; he will say what they didn't do right or what they did do wrong even though they won the Lombardy. He will never just say that they are a good team.
PFT merely repurposes original content. They do not provide any news or updates, but rather a "spin" or "analysis" on a scoop from one of the Matts
Florio sucks, but his articles shouldnt be banned... there should just be a trash section on the front page for PFT, PD and Kawakrappy
[ Edited by 5280High on Jun 26, 2014 at 7:31 AM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Yes, but Grant Cohn is an even worse troll, or at least he was before I finally stopping reading his garbage a couple years ago.
The biggest misconception is that Florio trolls the 49ers. He trolls everybody. That's his shtick. And that said, when the Kaepernick contract details came out, he was very apologetic towards the 49ers, hyped up the deal big time as a huge win for the organization, etc... I guess what I'm saying is, if you think he only writes negative things about the 49ers, you're viewing his site through a filter.

That said, I think Pro Football Talk has about as much credibility as TMZ. He just writes stuff to rile people up. I don't think it's a reputable news source.

Originally posted by theduke85:
The biggest misconception is that Florio trolls the 49ers. He trolls everybody. That's his shtick. And that said, when the Kaepernick contract details came out, he was very apologetic towards the 49ers, hyped up the deal big time as a huge win for the organization, etc... I guess what I'm saying is, if you think he only writes negative things about the 49ers, you're viewing his site through a filter.

That said, I think Pro Football Talk has about as much credibility as TMZ. He just writes stuff to rile people up. I don't think it's a reputable news source.

All while dissing Kaps agent and questioning Kaps confidence in being able to live up to and performing to the level of a mega deal as the reason he accepted such a discounted contract.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jun 26, 2014 at 6:39 PM ]
Originally posted by theduke85:

It's not a misconception at all. He was single-handedly pushing the Harbaugh-Baalke tension angle until it became national news. An absolute hatchet job. He took any possible opportunity to snipe at Harbaugh during the regular season, showing a personal dislike for him. Note that Florio almost never targets PED Carroll or the Seahawks. This past season, his focus was almost singularly on the 49ers and Harbaugh.
Originally posted by Existence:
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
No..but BILL Willamson?...yes!!!$%^&$

Poor Bill -- he's just in over his head, nothing nefarious...

I like Bill. He's not the best but at least he's not Terry Blount
Bill Williamson is growing on me. He's straight and down the middle. He's Captain Obvious a lot of the time, but every now and then he'll post something I didn't know or hadn't considered.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Hi everyone. My name is DeUh and I accidentally posted a Florio written article a couple of days ago.

Share 49ersWebzone