There are 297 users in the forums

Should Mike Florio and Pro Football Talk be banned from the Webzone newsfeed?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should Mike Florio and Pro Football Talk be banned from the Webzone newsfeed?

Yes...and YES!
Absolutely. He says nothing of consequence. Gotta stop entertaining his foolishness.
Originally posted by baltien:
Florio owns PFT. If I don't like how Wal-Mart does business I'm not going to keep shopping there just so the cashiers can have a job. How his stories make it to the 'Zone are irrelevant and have bearing on this discussion at all. The goal isn't to silence him completely (as awesome as that'd be), the point is to stop rewarding him monetarily for posting what's essentially flame bait.

Sure, people certainly do have the option to not click PFT links. Still, I'd put forth that he shouldn't enjoy such easy (and free) access to the 49er fans here, which probably make up the largest 49er following on the internet.

Just my two.

This!
I voted yes, but honestly I just don't pay attention to his stories anymore. I treat stories by Tim Kawakami and grant Cohn in the same matter.
Originally posted by Niners816:
I voted yes, but honestly I just don't pay attention to his stories anymore. I treat stories by Tim Kawakami and grant Cohn in the same matter.

This. Anything by these two along with Florio are an instant "won't read lol."
I voted no, because once you start censoring, you become .net.
I would have zero problem missing out on the weasily lawyer perspective and spin of the NFL
Easier just to not click on the PFT links if you don't like his articles. Personal responsibility, and all...
Originally posted by Bison645:

Good point.
I second this.

People can always avoid the link, but just having it on the WZ guarantees some clicks and traffic to his website. Given the fact we all dislike his work and feel like he has no integrity as a journalist or businessman, I think it's fair to boycott his site and stop listing his stories in the news feed.

If anyone actually wants to read PFT, type the URL into your web browser. It doesn't have to be here. Avoiding a product is not the same as censoring. We're not stopping him from writing articles.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 25, 2014 at 6:13 PM ]

As Sofa says, removing PFT and Florio from the Webzone newsfeed is not censoring. It's simply removing a link to a site that will continue to fling mud at our team. As obnoxious as they are, I don't have an issue with Grant or Lowell Cohn since they have a deep roots in the Bay Area and know the team inside out. Florio, on the other hand, is just sniping from afar with no actual interaction with anyone from the organization. He's just trolling the team and its fans. We don't need that kind of bs circulating around here.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
They should be banned from their homes, their families, their cars, their jobs, computers, pen/paper, drugs/alcohol and the family pets.........
[ Edited by LVJay on Jun 25, 2014 at 7:34 PM ]
I get aggravated by several writers, don't even want to mention their names. The best way is to ignore whatever they write. If enough 49er fans take the same stance these people will just fade away from the Zone.
Originally posted by Bison645:

and the Huffington Post.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
Florio owns PFT. If I don't like how Wal-Mart does business I'm not going to keep shopping there just so the cashiers can have a job. How his stories make it to the 'Zone are irrelevant and have no bearing on this discussion at all. The goal isn't to silence him completely (as awesome as that would be), the point is to stop rewarding him monetarily for posting what's essentially flame bait.

Sure, people certainly have the option to not click PFT links. Still, I'd put forth that he shouldn't enjoy such easy (and free) access to the 49er fans here, which probably make up the largest 49er following on the internet.

Just my two.
Actually, I'm pretty sure NBC now owns PFT, but I am admittedly not sure about that...As to your post,...again...if you and others who feel similarly don't click on the PFT links, then you don't go to PFT and don't reward him "monetarily". He only benefits if people click on the links to his site. You've accomplished your same goal without cutting off the feed simply by not clicking on any PFT story links.
Share 49ersWebzone