There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Mike Florio and Pro Football Talk be banned from the Webzone newsfeed?

Should Mike Florio and Pro Football Talk be banned from the Webzone newsfeed?

Over the past year, Mike Florio has consistently written articles to troll Niners fans. The most egregious articles he wrote were a couple months back when he tried to stir up trouble by saying that Jim Harbaugh was entertaining offers to leave the team and that there was tension between Harbaugh and Baalke.

In my opinion, Florio has nothing to contribute to the Webzone's newsfeed aside from trying to provoke and antagonize Niners fans. I wanted to put this vote out to the Webzone and hope the moderators take heed of the public sentiment.
[ Edited by Psinex on Jun 25, 2014 at 1:05 PM ]
You really want to be that kid who sticks his fingers in his ears and says 'NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU'? Besides, if the niners win the Super Bowl, wouldn't you want to take pleasure in the backpedaling of all the doubters?
  • Disp
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,500
I haven't seen him write anything but trolling/instigating 49ers articles in a couple years. And of course he hides behind his "unnamed sources" that continue to prove they lack any credibility every time when the story unfolds and becomes bogus. Should've been removed from the feed after that ridiculous Harbaugh to the Browns crap when York, Baalke, and Harbaugh all denied it yet he stuck to his guns and accused all 3 of lying. Dude is a shock jockey, nothing more.
[ Edited by Disp on Jun 25, 2014 at 1:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Maulbert:
You really want to be that kid who sticks his fingers in his ears and says 'NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU'? Besides, if the niners win the Super Bowl, wouldn't you want to take pleasure in the backpedaling of all the doubters?

Its called holding a journalist accountable for his b******t. This is one of the ways we, as niner fans, can do it.

And this doesn't concern you so your opinion is moot.
Originally posted by Maulbert:
...when the niners win the Super Bowl, wouldn't you want to take pleasure in the backpedaling of all the doubters?

Fixed for ya...
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
And this doesn't concern you so your opinion is moot.

I guess you are the final arbiter of what does or doesn't concern a person?
Yes, along with the Cohn's and Anne Killion
PFFTTTttttt !! .............................another one bites the dust
No..but BILL Willamson?...yes!!!$%^&$
If anyone should be banned from the Niners media feed it should be the Cohn family. Those two are a lock to say that the Niners are doing something wrong on whatever subject material they are writing about.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 570
Blocking the feed from PFT would be silly. First, its not like that is going to make PFT stop doing stories on the 49ers, Harbaugh, Baalke, Kap, etc. To the extent other media outlets, including the 49ers beat writers take those stories and run with them, you're going to see it here anyway. Do you really think if the PFT feed was blocked, the story about Cleveland and Harbaugh would not have made its way here one way or another? Of course, it would have, so your attempt to block PFT is futile.

Second, other writers besides Mike Florio do stories on the 49ers or that refer or relate to the 49ers. Those would be blocked unnecessarily too.

Third, the members of the Zone can always choose whether to click or not click on the stories coming from PFT. If you don't want to read the stuff coming from PFT, don't click on it. Problem solved.
Originally posted by nsabot3000:
I guess you are the final arbiter of what does or doesn't concern a person?

So cute calling a Hawk fan a 'person'.
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
No..but BILL Willamson?...yes!!!$%^&$

Poor Bill -- he's just in over his head, nothing nefarious...
Originally posted by nsabot3000:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
And this doesn't concern you so your opinion is moot.

I guess you are the final arbiter of what does or doesn't concern a person?

Yes.
Originally posted by kem99:
Blocking the feed from PFT would be silly. First, its not like that is going to make PFT stop doing stories on the 49ers, Harbaugh, Baalke, Kap, etc. To the extent other media outlets, including the 49ers beat writers take those stories and run with them, you're going to see it here anyway. Do you really think if the PFT feed was blocked, the story about Cleveland and Harbaugh would not have made its way here one way or another? Of course, it would have, so your attempt to block PFT is futile.

Second, other writers besides Mike Florio do stories on the 49ers or that refer or relate to the 49ers. Those would be blocked unnecessarily too.

Third, the members of the Zone can always choose whether to click or not click on the stories coming from PFT. If you don't want to read the stuff coming from PFT, don't click on it. Problem solved.

Florio owns PFT. If I don't like how Wal-Mart does business I'm not going to keep shopping there just so the cashiers can have a job. How his stories make it to the 'Zone are irrelevant and have no bearing on this discussion at all. The goal isn't to silence him completely (as awesome as that would be), the point is to stop rewarding him monetarily for posting what's essentially flame bait.

Sure, people certainly have the option to not click PFT links. Still, I'd put forth that he shouldn't enjoy such easy (and free) access to the 49er fans here, which probably make up the largest 49er following on the internet.

Just my two.
[ Edited by baltien on Jun 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM ]