There are 158 users in the forums

Drew Brees might be a tad bit overrated

Shop 49ers game tickets
Never got why Brees automatically gets included with Rodgers, Brady and Manning in the modern "elite QB" class. I'm not saying he isn't a great QB, he is. But he definitely benefits from playing indoors in a pass-friendly environment. Just look at last year stats

Indoors 291 of 400, 3,506 yards, 30 TDs, 5 INTs, 119.0 QB Rating
Outdoors 155 of 250, 1,656 yards, 9 TDs, 7 INTs, 81.7 QB Rating

Also,
Brees as a Saint (10-11 indoor games every year): 99.0 QB Rating (Great/Terrific)
Brees as a Charger (1-2 indoor games every year): 84.9 QB Rating (Very mediocre in Today's NFL)

If Brees played for the Patriots and played 14 or 15 outdoor games a year instead of only 5 would he really put up these 4,400 yard+ seasons with a great QB Rating every year? I don't think so.
Sooooooooo we should've built a dome?
Originally posted by Milkman:
Sooooooooo we should've built a dome?

Maybe, Kap's stats were pretty even though Indoor/Outdoor, he really hasn't played enough games to get a good sample size. Kap is not a "traditional" passer like Brees though.
He's a little bit overrated. They throw the ball a lot, and a great deal of his completions come from RB screens. Those plays are easy completions, about a 80-90% success rate, but they have to be set up to execute. His accuracy numbers are greatly inflated thanks to the sheer volume of these screens. It's a great scheme, and Brees has mastered it, so I credit him for that. He's definitely a great QB, I put him 4th behind Rodgers, Brady, Manning.
Shhhh

The Aints will hear you.

We have his number.We just have trouble Graham.
No joke. I passed out typing that.
And he's a little b***h.....

See the Ahmad Brooks hit
Imagine.... Rodgers and Brady play around 8 cold outdoor games a year and still put up incredible statistics.

I agree that Brees is a bit overrated but still a top 5 QB.

I personally believe that Rodgers is by far the top QB in the NFL. Not a pass or play he can't make.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Imagine.... Rodgers and Brady play around 8 cold outdoor games a year and still put up incredible statistics.

I agree that Brees is a bit overrated but still a top 5 QB.

I personally believe that Rodgers is by far the top QB in the NFL. Not a pass or play he can't make.

Rodgers is the top QB but there are plenty plays he can't make that Kap Cam RG3 Wilson and Luck can. He has very good athleticism but not great like those four
Maybe but he's top 5 in the league easy.

Lol Brees in not overrated
He may be getting older, but he is still a darn good QB
  • Antix
  • Veteran
He won a SB which helps his case bit I'd agree he's the lowest ranked "elite" qb. He doesn't tigjyen me when we play them the way Rogers does (even though I know were 4-0 against them recently).
I always believed Brees owes a lot of his success to that offense Sean Payton tailored to fit his skill set , when you combine a quick accurate passer with explosive receivers and pro bowl offensive lineman, good things can happen ... Payton considers himself a disciple of the west coast offense, but judging by the style of attack employed by the Saints, it looks more like a Coryell/ Zampese offense , either way, Brees ended up in the right spot when he left San Diego, he could have went to Cleveland or some other struggling franchise and been an average QB, sometimes a little bit of good luck contributes to a successful QB's career
he is a good qb aided by playing indoors.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
And he's a little b***h.....

See the Ahmad Brooks hit

Share 49ersWebzone