There are 189 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Flowers

Chiefs have released him good option if cheap
@ESPNNFL: THIS JUST IN: The Chiefs announce the release of CB Brandon Flowers. http://t.co/fRnjfOTcyo
What are the possibilities we could land him? [center]
  • buck
  • Veteran
wrong venue.

Free Agency

What does it really matter? Lol
Before locked, I am not surprised, no one would take on his deal, similar to Carlos Rogers' deal, high numbers.
  • DeUh
Heart skipped a beat as I saw this in Niner Talk

Do you have his exact contract numbers AB ?
Originally posted by DeUh:

He was set to make $10.5M($5.25M base, $250K workout, $2M roster, and $3M prorared bonus) in 2014, then in 2015, $11.5M($6.25M Base, $250K workout, $2M roster, and $3M prorated), and in 2916 $9.75M($6.5M base, $250K workout, $2M roster, and $1M prorated) are what I have him with before the release.

Terrible contract for anyone to take on. Not sure how the $2M roster bonuses are paid out, if by game-day active roster, or in March.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

He was set to make $10.5M($5.25M base, $250K workout, $2M roster, and $3M prorared bonus) in 2014, then in 2015, $11.5M($6.25M Base, $250K workout, $2M roster, and $3M prorated), and in 2916 $9.75M($6.5M base, $250K workout, $2M roster, and $1M prorated) are what I have him with before the release.

Terrible contract for anyone to take on. Not sure how the $2M roster bonuses are paid out, if by game-day active roster, or in March.

that is a terrible contract. I honestly don't know much about his performance last season, is he somebody you see getting a decent amount of $$ now that he's on the open market or would his potential earnings be something you could see the 49ers working with? If he's still a quality CB it would be nice to get another one on the roster.
sign heeeemmm
Always thought he was solid corner. Nothing special but solid, He's light years better that Cook
Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Flowers mostly a zone corner? If so he wouldnt really fit our system.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Flowers mostly a zone corner? If so he wouldnt really fit our system.

Most of the time I've seen him play he's in man bump and run. But I'm sure somebody else might have better knowledge
  • DeUh
Originally posted by matt49er:

that is a terrible contract. I honestly don't know much about his performance last season, is he somebody you see getting a decent amount of $$ now that he's on the open market or would his potential earnings be something you could see the 49ers working with? If he's still a quality CB it would be nice to get another one on the roster.

Thanks AB !

Thanks AB !

You got it buddy. Any time.

I don't see him getting a big deal, he may get like $3M a yr, but I doubt anywhere near his old deal.