LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Beastmode could retire??

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not sure if you haven't been paying attention but the Jets, Bills and Dolphins all have some pretty physical defenses as well. This isn't 3 or 4 years ago. All of those teams have gotten a lot tougher defensively. Guys like Kiko Alonso, Sheldon Richardson and Cameron Wake mean that its not nearly as much of a walk in the park as it might have been in the past.

I suppose you are right, defensively they aren't too shabby. Offensively though....
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RicetoYoung:
Won't believe it until it happens, but if it does happen, Seattle sure as hell isn't repeating.

With him, they won't repeat (we'll be in the way)... without him, they'll be fighting tooth and nail for 3rd place in our div.

Just give him a Skittle, he'll be fine... lame ass media

it's the got dAMN DIABEETUS!
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Jun 13, 2014 at 7:58 PM ]
Lynch has more leverage, then say, Alex Boone. He is their best player on offense. Without him, their chance of repeating, or even having a functional offense, is greatly diminished.

Lynch had to work very hard for his yards. Their o-line is actually pretty bad, it's just masked by Lynch's ability to drag tacklers, and Wilson's ability to scramble. I know they're raving about Christine Michael, but I highly doubt he has Lynch's ability to fight for yards after contact. Lynch is extremely rare in that regard.
Originally posted by LVJay:
With him, they won't repeat (we'll be in the way)... without him, they'll be fighting tooth and nail for 3rd place in our div.

Just give him a Skittle, he'll be fine... lame ass media

LOL. Sounds good to me.
He sees Harvin making 16 mill for a couple of games, and he wants a little equity.
Hope he doesn't. Even though I hate Seattle, Beast mode brings a lot to the game and the 9ers should beat Seattle at their finest.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Hope he doesn't. Even though I hate Seattle, Beast mode brings a lot to the game and the 9ers should beat Seattle at their finest.

if one of their players retires its not a knock on us. that will be their best lol.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

if one of their players retires its not a knock on us. that will be their best lol.

lol this. Technically, they'd still be at full strength.

Seriously tho, I could care less if people think Lynch retiring is the reason we beat Seattle. I'll take it anyway I can, and this team is good enough to get it done regardless. Nobody will cry for us when Gore, Boldin, and J. Smith retire. Nobody cared when Crabtree was hurt, and nobody will care that Bowman is hurt. That's the way it is.

No tears will be shed for the Seahawks when/if Lynch is gone. No excuses. Each year is a new year. The Seahawks owned 2013. Can't ever take that away from them. 2014 will be a new champ, and nobody will care if Lynch played or not.

It's all moot point anyways. Lynch is going to play, he just wants an extension. Now I'm just drunk rambling. I'll stop...gnite.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 14, 2014 at 1:01 AM ]
Originally posted by fropwns:
Respect him, but I want us to beat them with him.

Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Respect him, but I want us to beat them with him.

.....fuvk the seahawks.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he won't retire. needs one more ring this year.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

There is no way they repeat, that kind of luck dont strike twice on the same team. With Lynch the best they can do is 12-4, without 10-6... just my 2 cents. That defense is still there to keep them in games, but its hard to see them getting the same kind of bounces this year that they got last year. They are gonna regress because thats what superbowl teams do. Their two best defensive players got paid, its no longer a "contract year." They have pressure to pay Wilson now which is the worst position to have pressure on, the target is on their backs and every team will give them their best. I bet we see 2 or 3 games like Arizona @ Seattle 2013,where a visitor goes in with a david vs goliath mentality and just wills out a win, teams that are gonna amp themselves up and play on another level just like what the NFC gave us last year.

That defense had a baller year last year, but odds are they regress just like the ravens did and the bucs did after riding their defense to a championship. They are being overhyped in terms of "a complete team" and this year is gonna show it.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"one more ring this year"

A candy ring pop, that is...
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

There is no way they repeat, that kind of luck dont strike twice on the same team. With Lynch the best they can do is 12-4, without 10-6... just my 2 cents. That defense is still there to keep them in games, but its hard to see them getting the same kind of bounces this year that they got last year. They are gonna regress because thats what superbowl teams do. Their two best defensive players got paid, its no longer a "contract year." They have pressure to pay Wilson now which is the worst position to have pressure on, the target is on their backs and every team will give them their best. I bet we see 2 or 3 games like Arizona @ Seattle 2013,where a visitor goes in with a david vs goliath mentality and just wills out a win, teams that are gonna amp themselves up and play on another level just like what the NFC gave us last year.

That defense had a baller year last year, but odds are they regress just like the ravens did and the bucs did after riding their defense to a championship. They are being overhyped in terms of "a complete team" and this year is gonna show it.

That and every team will take them seriously now that they won a championship..finally.
Share 49ersWebzone