There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Beastmode could retire??

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000358350/article/marshawn-lynch-retirement-is-an-option

Lol talk about take your ball and go home.Dont know and dont give 2 $h!t$ what he gets paid currently,if he's underpaid, he deserves a bump.However,If he does make good on his threat, what a b***h move.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jun 13, 2014 at 3:08 AM ]
Just saw on NFL Network he's 5th in pay at the RB position at $5 mill.

AP-$11.8m
Shady Mccoy-$7.7m
Forte-$6m
A.Foster-$5.8m

Fair pay or underpaid? Dont curr myself.Not my teams problem, we have our own guys seeking extensions currently.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jun 13, 2014 at 3:18 AM ]
  • JoRo
  • Veteran
He's on the backend of a 4/$31m contract that paid him heavily up front. So he's doing something similar to VD. Get all the big money, then ask for more. I think he's just looking for some security because everyone is pointing out the $7.5m cap savings he'd give the Hawks next year.
  • JoRo
  • Veteran
.net posted this from Mamma Lynch. No source linked. We'll find out more next week when mandatory OTA's arrive. If he shows, no biggie.

"Come on fan's were much smarter than the media , all they want to do is sell a story, u cant trust them , they were the one's who doubted us and yet we showed up and showed out , don't let them tear up our happy home misery loves company so shut the door on negativity cause it has no place here !!!!"
[ Edited by JoRo on Jun 13, 2014 at 6:47 AM ]
Originally posted by JoRo:
.net posted this from Mamma Lynch. No source linked. We'll find out more next week when mandatory OTA's arrive. If he shows, no biggie.

"Come on fan's were much smarter than the media , all they want to do is sell a story, u cant trust them , they were the one's who doubted us and yet we showed up and showed out , don't let them tear up our happy home misery loves company so shut the door on negativity cause it has no place here !!!!"

The part about media wanting to sell a story is something hard to argue with. Haha, just had a thought.. what if he lobbies to get paid like a Tight End because top end TE money seems more lucrative? RBs block as much as they run typicially, given the totality of plays they're on the field. Sorry, didn't mean to derail the topic, just bored already of this TE talk about wanting to be designated as a WR cause the money is bigger. Good grief.
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Just saw on NFL Network he's 5th in pay at the RB position at $5 mill.

AP-$11.8m
Shady Mccoy-$7.7m
Forte-$6m
A.Foster-$5.8m

Fair pay or underpaid? Dont curr myself.Not my teams problem, we have our own guys seeking extensions currently.

Compared to at least 2 of these guys he's definitely underpaid. Hey if he actually does retire what do I care. He's been a damn Niner nemesis going on 4 years. I'm sure the Cawks are confident their running game won't miss a beat with Christine "my stupid parents thought I was a girl" Michael as the heir-apparent and Turbin who's at least a solid back-up if not having a platoon with those two. So if Lynch really does this and Seadderall's running game continues where it left off, then Pete's system/staff is a helluva lot better than I already thought they were. But I just see a drop-off somewhere if this scenario plays out.
I wouldn't be surprised if he retired. He always joked the past two years about how if he won a super bowl he'd retire. I hope he doesn't, but wouldn't be surprised if it happened. As for paying the man, he deserves it, but for the long term future of the team and with the POTENTIAL of Christine Michael, I don't think the team will do it.
This was most likely going to be his last year anyway.
He won't retire. He's 28. He has some good years left. As far as the Seahawks success goes, as long as they have that Defense , they will be in every single game with or without Lynch.
They'd be a lot easier to beat without that guy, it would be a coup for us, best news of the offseason.
Respect him, but I want us to beat them with him.
The Midget would be f**ked if Lynch retires
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I don't know why they think Michael can be an adequate replacement. I saw most games he played in college and he's basically DeMarco Murray. Great in spurts, but far more time in the training room than on the field. Dude is made of glass.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Respect him, but I want us to beat them with him.

I'm not counting him out...i think he's doing it so he can hear all the Hawks need him BS

I want the 9ers to whoop that azz with him on the team
Marshawn Lynch is the most valuable player on that team. So good.
See ya Lynch. Don't let the butt end of a pistol hit u on da way out.