LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers: "Not much" separates the Packers from the 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
He's actually being modest. What separates the Packers from the Niners is Aaron Rodgers.

With him, the Packers always have a chance to be in the top tier.
The last couple of years, the only thing separating them is deep playoff runs and wins v. losses in the head to head match-ups.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
lol so true. All I heard during the game was:

Joe Buck: "Colin Kaepernick with the 30 yard run for another 1st down. Oh joy......"

moments later....

Joe Buck: "Rodgers back to throw, looks left, finds Kuhn for tHE f**kIng 5 yard CheckDOWn!!!!!! HOLY f**k WHAT A f**kING CHECKDOWN I"VE NEVER SEEN SUCH A MAGNIFECENT PLAY IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!

This literally made me laugh out loud. Well done.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yeah, took a gander at their boards. Many pages on 49ers vs the CheeseHeads. Wow!!

Their tears make my mid to late 90's self very happy and vindicated.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
He's actually being modest. What separates the Packers from the Niners is Aaron Rodgers.

With him, the Packers always have a chance to be in the top tier.

Rodgers has looked like the second best QB on the field each and every time he has faced Harbaughs Niners. 0-4. Kap is the only QB going off right now in this rivalry. Rodgers may be better but vs us he ain't! They lose!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
Their tears make my mid to late 90's self very happy and vindicated.

I was going to do a bit of trolling on their boards today, but I didn't have the heart. I know how Farve tore my heart out on those last minute miracle wins they had on us, and that still hurts. Now that we've done the same to them, I feel good, but just don't have the heart to pour salt into the wounds the way marvin does! And besides, they are pretty respectful of us - unlike the .Nut boards and the Seadderall troll fans here... total contrast.

Note: Not many Green Bay Troll fans here - I *wonder* why?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Rodgers has looked like the second best QB on the field each and every time he has faced Harbaughs Niners. 0-4. Kap is the only QB going off right now in this rivalry. Rodgers may be better but vs us he ain't! They lose!

Hopefully this translates into a superbowl win this year.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Good. Now Packers fans know what we went through during the mid 90's when we couldn't beat Brett Favre. It used to piss me off. Now the Packers can't seem to beat Kapernick. Love it!!
Originally posted by Giedi:
I was going to do a bit of trolling on their boards today, but I didn't have the heart. I know how Farve tore my heart out on those last minute miracle wins they had on us, and that still hurts. Now that we've done the same to them, I feel good, but just don't have the heart to pour salt into the wounds the way marvin does! And besides, they are pretty respectful of us - unlike the .Nut boards and the Seadderall troll fans here... total contrast.

Note: Not many Green Bay Troll fans here - I *wonder* why?

After all these years, I still can't understand how Tyrone Drakeford trips over Beebe in overtime and somehow the refs said he didn't touch him down. Yea I still carry those packer games pretty close, it just sucked getting beat by guys running almost an identical system to ours.
After all these years, I still can't understand how Tyrone Drakeford trips over Beebe in overtime and somehow the refs said he didn't touch him down. Yea I still carry those packer games pretty close, it just sucked getting beat by guys running almost an identical system to ours.

We were up 17-6 in that game too. How did they blow it?
[ Edited by RicetoYoung on Jun 19, 2014 at 8:16 PM ]

Originally posted by RicetoYoung:

We were up 17-6 in that game too. How did they blow it?

That game ended up costing us an eventual 13-3 record and homefield. 1996 was also the year with the cardinal jerseys and white pants. Now I loved the 94 throwbacks in 1994, but I hated that we scrapped our traditional look. Who would have thought it would have taken til 2009 to get our true look back.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
The media loves Green Bay and as long as Aaron Rodgers is around they'll continue to pimp them.

AR and Michael Sam gonna start pimping each other, book it
The jig is up for the mcarthy/Rodgers discount double checkdown scheme.

The only time he throws bombs is when he's trying to draw pass interference.

Draw,slant,screen, draw,slant,screen, x3
playaction bomb for P.I.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
The jig is up for the mcarthy/Rodgers discount double checkdown scheme.

The only time he throws bombs is when he's trying to draw pass interference.

Draw,slant,screen, draw,slant,screen, x3
playaction bomb for P.I.

You got it bro! This is why they needed a guy like Lacy to help diversify the offense. Rodgers getting paid like a solo act but he can't beat our defense by himself. Especially if we aren't turning the ball over to him

it was actually marquez pope
Share 49ersWebzone